I am officially RAGING!

JJ

As Aberdeen I tried to sign some Brazillian winger. He only had Under 21 caps, but no problem, work permit arrives. Happy days. He's on a Bosman though so have to be patient.

However I need a forward. I look no further than Jimbo's favourite son, Eddie Johnson. £1.5 million? A bargain. And an affordable one at that. 31 caps for America too so shouldn't be a problem. But he gets turned down. ;)

Why are the work permits so wonky?

I am furious.

Are you sure it's 2 years? Will it not be more like 4?

I've got a feeder club in Spain. I'm actually loaning a guy there right now, who I got on a free and isn't on high wages, so that's ok.

But Johnson is costing me 1.5 million and about 6k a week. A lot of money when you're Aberdeen!

I signed this 22 year old Chilean attacking midfielder for £7m!! But had forgotten about work permits, sure enough he got declined. Sent him out for a season long loan to Celta Vigo... hope this will all work out in the end.

When I started off at Man City I couldn't get any work permits, but a couple of seasons later I had no problems with the same players, after qualifying for Europe and coming in the top 4 in the league.

I think the stature of your club has alot to do with it.

Are you sure it's 2 years? Will it not be more like 4?

I've got a feeder club in Spain. I'm actually loaning a guy there right now, who I got on a free and isn't on high wages, so that's ok.

But Johnson is costing me 1.5 million and about 6k a week. A lot of money when you're Aberdeen!

Depends which country you send him to, each has their own time scales for them to become a citezen.

I'm sure the work permit thing is a bit fucked. I've had the same problem and it's exactly like JJ says. I tried out the key player status thing and that didn't make any difference. Never had one player get a permit just becasue I offered him a contract as a Key Player second time around.

If you have a spanish feeder club the permit time is 4 years, I don't know about any other countries.

I am REALLY FUCKING RAGING.

The fuckwit twat American coach called up Freddy Adufor some shit backwater tournament so now he misses the CL final. Fucking twat.

Can you not give instruction to withdraw him or is that only from friendlies? :lol:

I am REALLY FUCKING RAGING.

The fuckwit twat American coach called up Freddy Adufor some shit backwater tournament so now he misses the CL final. Fucking twat.

Can you not give instruction to withdraw him or is that only from friendlies? :lol:

Unfortunately not. i won the final anyway, but I'm sure Freddy Adu would have rathered playing Chelsea in a Champions League Final at Dortmund instead of playing against the Virgin Islands in Jamiaca.

I had a Spanish feeder team and I sent a guy called Marcelo Boliviano there on loan. He then picked up Spain as his second nationality in about 15 months.

Unfortunately I couldn't get him back till the end of the season.