Deja vu

Isegrim

Glenn Roeder insists he is feeling as much pain as the supporters due to Newcastle United's current plight.

The Magpies slipped into the Premiership relegation zone at the weekend after losing 1-0 at home to Sheffield United.

A chorus of boos rang round St James' Park at the final whistle and fans have since called for chairman Freddy Shepherd to stand down.

Roeder has moved to reassure the supporters that those within the club are deeply hurt by the current situation and has pleaded for understanding.

"The chairman is hurting, the supporters need to know that he is hurting as much as they are, and as much as I am and my staff are," Roeder told Sky Sports News.

"They've got to remember that myself, Terry McDermott and Lee Clark all played for Newcastle and we all know what it means to the supporters that the team is winning.

"We're not at the moment, so we know how much pain they're going through. They have to understand we are going through the same amount of pain and it's not nice."

After seven league games without a win, Roeder is now turning his thoughts to addressing the problems he has identified.

He added: "If you are going to solve a problem, you have to admit there's a problem in the first place.

"The problem is, just of late, that when we have played well, we haven't won games and there are different reasons for that.

"We haven't scored enough goals recently. The ironic thing is where the defence was heavily criticised in the early part of the season, the defence is actually doing very well now. We need to keep that going and remain defensively tight.

"We've got to start making some opportunities for the strikers we have available.

"I haven't been disappointed with the level of performance, although I've been very disappointed with the results."

Graeme, is it you? What a load of bollocks. We haven't played well in most of the games. Apart from the Everton game we created fuck all so far and so far deserved every result we got.

Roeder should go back training little kids ASAP tbh.

It's interesting that Souness was lambasted for not doing the honourable thing and resigning when it's likely that Roeder will do exactly the same despite us being in an even worse position.

I doubt Roeder will get the same abuse.

He better fucking do.

He's just being saved because people have realised it's actually the board which need changing too.

It's interesting that Souness was lambasted for not doing the honourable thing and resigning when it's likely that Roeder will do exactly the same despite us being in an even worse position.

I doubt Roeder will get the same abuse.

He'll get stick but not as much as Souness for the simple reason that whilst he's nowhere near good enough, he is believed to be a decent bloke and Souness was a complete cockend.

And secondly as somebody said fans are now directing more anger at Fat Fred than the manager so that takes some of it away from him.