Shepherd: I'll sort it out.

Jimbo

FREDDY SHEPHERD jetted back into Tyneside last night and vowed to ride out the storm at St James’ Park.

The Newcastle chairman has been in Majorca helping wife Lorelle recover from a health scare.

He missed hearing a large section of fans shouting for his head after the disastrous 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United.

Newcastle have slumped to joint bottom of the Premiership after taking just five points from their last 10 games.

To compound matters, Shepherd is also believed to have had a major bust-up with manager Glenn Roeder over the scheduling of the game.

The club chose to accept the £350,000 Sky cash and play on Saturday night despite a tiring UEFA Cup trip to Sicily on Thursday. Roeder said: “I was hoping Palermo was a turning point but the big concern was playing the game so quickly.”

The Belgravia Consortium are waiting in the wings to buy out Shepherd. But a source close to him said: “Freddy is no quitter.

“Changing the manager or the chairman wouldn’t put the ball in the back of the net. It’s a case of trying to get through until January when the squad can be strengthened.”

Roeder insisted: “The chairman isn’t out there playing. He selects mangers and I have complete responsibility for the team and the squad.

“I accept that and would not want it any other way.”

Newcastle’s decision not to postpone the game 24 hours enraged fans. Website nufc.com said: “The false economy of taking a few hundred grand while risking the club’s top-flight status was a risk never worth taking.”

Former skipper Alan Shearer said: “Glenn is trying his best but has his hands tied — his only striker is Giuseppe Rossi which is why they’re struggling.”

FREDDY SHEPHERD jetted back into Tyneside last night and vowed to ride out the storm at St James’ Park.

The Newcastle chairman has been in Majorca helping wife Lorelle recover from a health scare.

He missed hearing a large section of fans shouting for his head after the disastrous 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United.

Newcastle have slumped to joint bottom of the Premiership after taking just five points from their last 10 games.

To compound matters, Shepherd is also believed to have had a major bust-up with manager Glenn Roeder over the scheduling of the game.

The club chose to accept the £350,000 Sky cash and play on Saturday night despite a tiring UEFA Cup trip to Sicily on Thursday. Roeder said: “I was hoping Palermo was a turning point but the big concern was playing the game so quickly.”

The Belgravia Consortium are waiting in the wings to buy out Shepherd. But a source close to him said: “Freddy is no quitter.

“Changing the manager or the chairman wouldn’t put the ball in the back of the net. It’s a case of trying to get through until January when the squad can be strengthened.”

Roeder insisted: “The chairman isn’t out there playing. He selects mangers and I have complete responsibility for the team and the squad.

“I accept that and would not want it any other way.”

Newcastle’s decision not to postpone the game 24 hours enraged fans. Website nufc.com said: “The false economy of taking a few hundred grand while risking the club’s top-flight status was a risk never worth taking.”

Former skipper Alan Shearer said: “Glenn is trying his best but has his hands tied — his only striker is Giuseppe Rossi which is why they’re struggling.”

Never fucking stopped him before

Aye, dont forget this is nufc. Roeder will say he wants to wait until after Xmas and new year to see what presents he gets. Then he will start looking. He'll make a statement over what he wants then totally contradict himself by signing someone on the last day of the window that total uninspires the footballing world as he claims he was his no1 choice....

Talking to my source for all things board gossip this morning, reckons that it's Fat Fred who's been unwell and not his wife - media smokescreen apparently on the basis she has had recurring health problems. When I say he's unwell, they reckon he's got something quite serious.

There you go.

I've got something quite serious as well; a bad side. Wacca wacca!

Talking to my source for all things board gossip this morning, reckons that it's Fat Fred who's been unwell and not his wife - media smokescreen apparently on the basis she has had recurring health problems. When I say he's unwell, they reckon he's got something quite serious.

There you go.

I had some very un-Christian thoughts reading this. ;)

There you go.

Is that cos you is a muslin?

There you go.

So shooting the bastard and putting us all out of our misery will actually be doing him a favour?

Nowt stopping them now - lace one of his pies with cyanide! ;)

There you go.

You're not the only one.

There you go.

So shooting the bastard and putting us all out of our misery will actually be doing him a favour?

Nowt stopping them now - lace one of his pies with cyanide! :D

At least Gemmill admitted his thoughts were wrong. :unsure: