Here we go again...

Gemmill

...rumours on N-O that Houllier is to be brought in and Roeder made part of his backroom staff. Meeting between Shepherd and Roeder in the next 48 hours. Supposedly on Talksport.

Probably total bullshit, but I'd take that at the minute.

...rumours on N-O that Houllier is to be brought in and Roeder made part of his backroom staff. Meeting between Shepherd and Roeder in the next 48 hours. Supposedly on Talksport.

I'd take anything at the minute. I just hope this doesn't mean people will get off Shepherds back. He's the main reason we're in this mess.

Only if he brings half of Lyon, including Riberry with him.

Can't see it happen though, why would he want to leave a champion team, in the Champions League, to come to a club where he doesn't even have a say in the players bought and sold which he has to work with?

Can't see it happen though, why would he want to leave a champion team, in the Champions League, to come to a club where he doesn't even have a say in the players bought and sold which he has to work with?

I agree, I can't see Houllier leaving Lyon for us.

and doesn't Ribery play for Marseille not Lyon ?

I agree, I can't see Houllier leaving Lyon for us.

and doesn't Ribery play for Marseille not Lyon ?

Oui, stooopid me!

But fuck it he can bring Riberry anyway - it's only the french league for fuck sake ;)

edit: sorry same magazine but two different articles (by the way Lyon's chairman tried it on with Riberry) but if we are going to strip Lyon let's take Fred & Wiltord.

Edited by sammynb

He was asked about coming back to England before Lyon's CL match with Madrid last season, he said he and his family miss living in England.

His family are also very close to the Owen family.

EDIT - Clicky

Edited by Baggio

He was asked about coming back to England before Lyon's CL match with Madrid last season, he said he and his family miss living in England.

EDIT - Clicky

Hmmm, he's also supposed to be friends with Roeder. It's a long shot, but I'd take it.

Edit: Baggio, that article says Owen and Houllier didn't see eye-to-eye at Scouseland, not that they were chummy

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

EDIT - Clicky

Hmmm, he's also supposed to be friends with Roeder. It's a long shot, but I'd take it.

I'd take Houllier in a New York minute !

Where would we find the money to get Houllier in?

Compensation to Lyon, an obscene amount of wages because we're already fucked for the season so he'd be an idiot to come to us, and he'll want to buy his own players in January.

He's not coming. Simple as.

Compensation to Lyon, an obscene amount of wages because we're already fucked for the season so he'd be an idiot to come to us, and he'll want to buy his own players in January.

Do managers also apply to the new FIFA transfer rule that you can buy out your own contract, if you are in your last season of said contract, and then transfer to a league in another country at any time?

Obviously it is irrelevant to the transfer window because it doesn't apply but it may to fees/compensation.

By the way, there is no way in hell he's leaving Lyon for us.

(Did you know the President of Lyon is also the vice president of the French league and Lyon are a G14 club?)

Did I say it's not going to happen?

EDIT - Clicky

Edit: Baggio, that article says Owen and Houllier didn't see eye-to-eye at Scouseland, not that they were chummy

Well he tried to sign him for Lyon when he left Madrid.

Clicky

"I get on well with Michael and I still have contact with him and his family,"

Do managers also apply to the new FIFA transfer rule that you can buy out your own contract, if you are in your last season of said contract, and then transfer to a league in another country at any time?

Obviously it is irrelevant to the transfer window because it doesn't apply but it may to fees/compensation.

By the way, there is no way in hell he's leaving Lyon for us.

(Did you know the President of Lyon is also the vice president of the French league and Lyon are a G14 club?)

Did I say it's not going to happen?

Don't see what G14 have to do with it, they didn't do anything when Mourinho left Porto to join Chelsea.

BTW Houllier ha another 18 months on his contract.

Don't see what G14 have to do with it, they didn't do anything when Mourinho left Porto to join Chelsea.

Funny that Chelsea have never been invited to "observe" the G14, even after their two titles and buckets of money, whereas the fat man has on a number of occassions and aspires to be part of the extended G14. But you're right it's got fuck all to do with it, more another point why it will never happen.

Funny that Chelsea have never been invited to "observe" the G14, even after their two titles and buckets of money, whereas the fat man has on a number of occassions and aspires to be part of the extended G14. But you're right it's got fuck all to do with it, more another point why it will never happen.

Everytime I've seen us linked with G14 Chelsea's name has been linked too.

Clicky

Meanwhile, Shepherd has been invited to Tuesday's meeting of the G14 clubs in Lisbon along with Chelsea's Roman Abramovich. Celtic and Rangers have also been invited as observers.

Guest Patrokles

I wouldn't accept that at all. Fact is, people talk about how Shepherd placates the fans with trophy player signings, but this would just be the managerial equivalent of that. It still wouldn't address the major problem we have when it comes to signing players; ie, Shepherd.

Everytime I've seen us linked with G14 Chelsea's name has been linked too.

Clicky

Meanwhile, Shepherd has been invited to Tuesday's meeting of the G14 clubs in Lisbon along with Chelsea's Roman Abramovich. Celtic and Rangers have also been invited as observers.

Fair enough, I do remember reading something to the contrary but that's purely academic.

I still stand by the fact Houllier wouldn't come to us if we were the last team on earth, with our current board and their attitude.

Just watched the Jimmy Hill Sunday Supplement program on SKY Sports, all of the fleetstreet scummers agree with the protesters and that it Shepherd thats the root cause of the problems, but all conceeded that Roeder has to go, and most probably will very soon.

The name they all agreed on for a replacement was Alan Curbishley, but they questioned anyone wanting the job whilst Shepherd was at the helm.

Just watched the Jimmy Hill Sunday Supplement program on SKY Sports, all of the fleetstreet scummers agree with the protesters and that it Shepherd thats the root cause of the problems, but all conceeded that Roeder has to go, and most probably will very soon.

The name they all agreed on for a replacement was Alan Curbishley, but they questioned anyone wanting the job whilst Shepherd was at the helm.

Fair play to them all then!

Somebody said the same at the match, suggesting Curbishley and it has some logic behind it. He's used to this end of the table and what's needed to stay up, he'd be better than what we have, is out of work and i think would come. But you'd really want to just give hima contract to the end of this season and see what happens and i don't know what he'd think of that.

Somebody said the same at the match, suggesting Curbishley and it has some logic behind it. He's used to this end of the table and what's needed to stay up, he'd be better than what we have, is out of work and i think would come. But you'd really want to just give hima contract to the end of this season and see what happens and i don't know what he'd think of that.

I think Curbishley is a good manager, but I'm not sure his achievements at Charlon equate to the job required at Newcastle, most Charlton fans were glad to see the back of him in the end.

I think Curbishley is a good manager, but I'm not sure his achievements at Charlon equate to the job required at Newcastle, most Charlton fans were glad to see the back of him in the end.

I bet they regret that now ;)

The only way to get the message across is to stay away,a few hundred protestors are drowned about by another 51,900 "cha-ching"s

We could always welcome a new manager with "Only one [insert poor bastards name here]" one game and "Sack the board", "Shepherd out" the next.

but like I say this won't work and the only thing that will work, won't happen until we're relegated.