Line-up vs. Charlton?

janu

Newcastle will give fitness tests to Obafemi Martins and Nicky Butt after they both picked up groin injuries in the Carling Cup win over Portsmouth.

Emre (back) and Antoine Sibierski (toe) are also doubtful and Shola Ameobi continues to battle his hip problem.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Srnicek, Taylor, Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Babayaro, Parker, Solano, Milner, Emre, N'Zogbia, Duff, Pattison, Ameobi, Martins, Rossi, Sibierski, Luque, Dyer.

Probable line-up:

Harper

Taylor Moore Bramble Babayaro

Solano Parker N'Zogbia Duff

Rossi Martins

Subs: Srnicek, Ramage, Butt, Dyer, Ameobi.

Prediction: 1-0 (Rossi)

Edited by janu

Difficult choice as injuries will dictate the team somewhat, but some good individual performances V Pompey may make this fairly difficult.

Assuming Given and The Sib are still out i'd go:

Harper

Taylor Moore Ramage Duff

Milner Parker Emre Zoggy

Dyer Rossi

Subs

Pav

Butt

Nobby

Ameobi

Martins

* However I fully expect Roeder to start Shambles, Nobby, Shola and Baba.

** If Bramble starts its a nightmare as Johnson tore him to shreds when we played Everton and i really don't now how he failed to score, Darren Bent will do the same and probably score.

Edited by TOPTOON

I wouldnt play Bramble if he was the last fit defender there was, i would rather play with 3 in defence lol, i would play carr, taylor, ramage, duff at the back, then solano, parker, dyer and nzogbia in middle and rossi and either luque or sibierski up front.