Ray Winstone

Tooj

Just finished watching The Departed.

His accent is woeful in it.

I was just thinking the same.

Canny film like. Although Infernal Affairs is superior.

You can't mention The Departed without someone trotting out that hackneyed cliche, you

snob.jpg

It's true though. Although Infernal Affairs II is my favourite out of the trilogy.

Infernal Affairs is better though. It's hardly snobby to mention it when The Departed is a remake that lifts entire scenes almost word for word from the original.

Decent bloke is Winstone by all accounts. My mate Lee Devonshire (son of Alan) knows him well as he's a big West Ham fan, he's been down to Hampton & Richmond Borough (where Alan is the manager) for some celebrity matches and is always happy to talk to the ordinary folk. I love Sexy Beast, one of my favourite films ever. But I can't stand him on those Bet365 adverts, he really wrings every last little ounce of east end cockney talk he can into it.

Have to say though, what a recovery from the archives for this thread. Nearly three years dormant and then boom, it's coming at ya like cleopatra.

Totally ruined Beowulf, that film had potential until Winstone's "I'll kiw your monsta" line, ruined beyond redemption, although Angelina Jolie perked it up later on.

I like him, he was in Robin Hood years ago, think he played Scarlett. I must get around to seeing his film, The Proposition....written by Nick Cave too...i dont generally like westerns but this sounds interesting.

The Proposition is a good film. The way it is shot really makes you feel they're in some baking, dusty craphole in the middle of nowhere, and the soundtrack combines well with the pictures. The acting is also good, as all the characters seem to be desperately struggling in an alien place etc.