PR at the club..

Scottish Mag

They have certainly been working overtime at the moment. Sorry for being the cynic but -

Friday sees the announcement of a new 4 year deal for Taylor. Whilst he more than deserves this contract it was an ideal time to release some good news amongst tyneside where the local lad and current favourite amongst fans signs new contract at a time where the club are receiving a great deal of abuse.

Saturdays sees us bring on Lee Clark midway through the second half of a diabolical game where the natives are getting restless to a great reception from the crowd. Whilst i don`t doubt Clarky will do a job as a squad player and given the size of our squad will actually play a part this season it did seem like a good PR gimmick to please the supporters.

Today then sees a club record bid for Michael Owen, funnily enough on the same day it has been announced he would only want to sign for us on loan. Don`t for one minute think i don`t want him or if the club pull this off they deserve praise it just appears to easy to bid however million and for Real to accept knowing that the player probably doesn`t want to come and won`t come therefore it would not matter how much we bid. And of course all this on another match day where there is every chance that the manager, chairman and board will come under fire.

Who knows i may be wrong and i hope i am proved wrong, but knowing the world of Public Relations i worry that once again the club is playing us for fools.

:wink2:

*As much as i would love to see Owen in a black and white shirt i also find it strange that we are missing so many players within a squad yet are willing to spend 18 million or whatever the figure is on one player*

I also don't think it's too clever to release statements about the transfer dealing on the website. It does look premature and shows how desperate the club is. The best deals are done in silence until they are confirmed by Jimbo's telly IMHO.

I also don't think it's too clever to release statements about the transfer dealing on the website.

17379[/snapback]

It does however look good to the supporters, exactly what the purpose of this is. Can you imagine what the press would say about the supporters if they go out tonight and sing "Sack the board" on the day we have *made a record bid* for Michael Owen. The timing of it is perfect for a board under some much pressure and abuse from its supporters.

I also don't think it's too clever to release statements about the transfer dealing on the website.

17379[/snapback]

It does however look good to the supporters, exactly what the purpose of this is. Can you imagine what the press would say about the supporters if they go out tonight and sing "Sack the board" on the day we have *made a record bid* for Michael Owen. The timing of it is perfect for a board under some much pressure and abuse from its supporters.

17410[/snapback]

Caption competition...

goebbels_redet.jpg

17379[/snapback]

17410[/snapback]

Caption competition...

goebbels_redet.jpg

17610[/snapback]

Capition:

"Souness is a cunt and he will ruin your club!"

Not much to do with the photo but i think that suits any photo you'd care to choose!

I still stand by what i have posted, 15 to 18 million pound bid my arse!

And i cant believe people actually believe it, if we had that type of money why are we subjected to the shite we have been watching. The club is trying to treat us like idiots and unfortunatly many are fooled by it.

Caption competition...

goebbels_redet.jpg

"Pogo, If you love the toon,

Pogo, if you love the toon..."

20347[/snapback]

udryddelseslejre05.jpg

Shoes off, if you love the toon?*

* I apologise to everybody who feels offended.

Caption competition...

goebbels_redet.jpg

"Pogo, If you love the toon,

Pogo, if you love the toon..."

20347[/snapback]

udryddelseslejre05.jpg

Shoes off, if you love the toon?*

* I apologise to everybody who feels offended.

20549[/snapback]

Bad taste. Apology not accepted. B)