Youth Hostels

Toonraider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Camping is horrible like, fuck that shit tbh.

Agreed. People who go camping by definition aren't too bothered about hygiene. So even if there are proper facilities at the campsite they tend to be a fucking disgrace because they're being used by Harry Ramps all the time.

dont you have to share toliet and wash facilites with like 10 other people in these things?

that would put me off

Shared bathrooms is a big no-no for me. If it's not en-suite, I'm not interested tbh.

I take it you'd never camp, or use the showers at a sports ground or swimming pool as well then?

I wouldn't camp, no. I use swimming pools on holiday, but I get washed afterwards in my en-suite bathroom. :blink: And I don't like using the showers at the gym, but I will if I have to.

Did you type that with a straight face?

I'm cancelling my membership. :D

Agreed. People who go camping by definition aren't too bothered about hygiene. So even if there are proper facilities at the campsite they tend to be a fucking disgrace because they're being used by Harry Ramps all the time.

steady on!! :blink: we stay on camping sites sometmes ( in our camper) and i can assure you i AM very bothered about my personal hygiene.

I like to think I'm fairly clean, but you are obsessed by hygiene it has to be said. Means you can't go to Glastonbury and the like, for instance. Mind, I haven't been in a tent for years and suspect it would be too uncomfortable now.

steady on!! :blink: we stay on camping sites sometmes ( in our camper) and i can assure you i AM very bothered about my personal hygiene.

Now camper vans or caravans - that is for plebs.

How very dare you! I go camping a couple of weeks a year and I have a morning AND an evening shower and I wash my hands after every bathroom visit.

How very dare you! I go camping a couple of weeks a year and I have a morning AND an evening shower and I wash my hands after every bathroom visit.

Go Dr, Go Dr.

Gemmill, you are such a thoughtless jerk sometimes :blink: do you try to be deliberately annoying with your extremely sweeping statements? !!!

I like to think I'm fairly clean, but you are obsessed by hygiene it has to be said. Means you can't go to Glastonbury and the like, for instance. Mind, I haven't been in a tent for years and suspect it would be too uncomfortable now.

I'm not obsessed by hygiene, but I've no interest in camping - being barely clean for the duration and having to use what is basically a public toilet every time I need to go to the bog is not my idea of fun.

Go Dr, Go Dr.

Gemmill, you are such a thoughtless jerk sometimes :blink: do you try to be deliberately annoying with your extremely sweeping statements? !!!

Jerk. :D Are you Tom Cruise?

Campers are dirty people man. Why would you live in muddy squalor when there's probably a hotel nearby?? Renton mentioned Glastonbury - if I ever went there I'd stay in a five star hotel and travel by limousine every day to the concert while you sewer rats lived it up in your tents with your unwiped backsides!

Go Dr, Go Dr.

Jerk. :D Are you Tom Cruise?

Campers are dirty people man. Why would you live in muddy squalor when there's probably a hotel nearby?? Renton mentioned Glastonbury - if I ever went there I'd stay in a five star hotel and travel by limousine every day to the concert while you sewer rats lived it up in your tents with your unwiped backsides!

:D fuck, you sound like FF :razz:

Get real man, get dirty!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm not obsessed by hygiene, but I've no interest in camping - being barely clean for the duration and having to use what is basically a public toilet every time I need to go to the bog is not my idea of fun.

You should try it Gemmill (camping, not being a tramp). I didn't think it would be for me but I first tried it about four or five years back and I love in now. In fact I might go some where in the Yorkshire dales this weekend.

Guest Patrokles

Get some of you.

Hostels are fine. I've stayed in hostels, had friends stay in hostels, known other random people who have stayed in hostels. Many of them provide private rooms, 2-bed rooms, double rooms, 4-bed rooms, etc. alongside the more traditional dorm-style accomodation. There are usually numerous bathrooms around the place and you're not limited to which you use. I've never been stuck waiting around to shower or whatever. There are big hostels that are essentially run like hotels, only cheaper, there are smaller hostels where you'll only get 8 people staying, etc, etc. I have never had any issues with noise, security, or cleanliness in any of the hostels I've been in. You'll find the most common recreational activity involves marijuana, which doesn't really encourage hyperactivity and noise and usually goes on in some lounge room somewhere well away from everywhere else.

Hostels are fine. Obviously you need to use a bit of common sense and read what other people have written about the specific one, but as long as you're sensible, they're fiiiine.

Get some of you.

Hostels are fine. I've stayed in hostels, had friends stay in hostels, known other random people who have stayed in hostels. Many of them provide private rooms, 2-bed rooms, double rooms, 4-bed rooms, etc. alongside the more traditional dorm-style accomodation. There are usually numerous bathrooms around the place and you're not limited to which you use. I've never been stuck waiting around to shower or whatever. There are big hostels that are essentially run like hotels, only cheaper, there are smaller hostels where you'll only get 8 people staying, etc, etc. I have never had any issues with noise, security, or cleanliness in any of the hostels I've been in. You'll find the most common recreational activity involves marijuana, which doesn't really encourage hyperactivity and noise and usually goes on in some lounge room somewhere well away from everywhere else.

Hostels are fine. Obviously you need to use a bit of common sense and read what other people have written about the specific one, but as long as you're sensible, they're fiiiine.

Thanks ...i think we may give it a go. Its a beautiful manor house with pleasant grounds in a really nice area....the equivalent type of hotel prices would probably be in the region of £150-£180 per night to stay in such a building.... plus its better than a pokey B&B

Edited by Toonraider

You should try it Gemmill (camping, not being a tramp). I didn't think it would be for me but I first tried it about four or five years back and I love in now. In fact I might go some where in the Yorkshire dales this weekend.

Honestly mate, I would hate it. I went camping with the school once and it pissed down all week. I spent the week wearing cold wet trainers, the bogs overflowed so there was a steaming open sewer backing up into the area where the tents were. Bollocks to that.

Get some of you.

Thanks ...i think we may give it a go. Its a beautiful manor house with pleasant grounds in a really nice area....the equivalent type of hotel prices would probably be in the region of £150-£180 per night to stay in such a building....way nicer than a pokey B&B

You go camping man. This place will seem like the Ritz to you. Just remember that there are toilets though, don't embarrass yourself by shitting in the corner of your room and covering it with leaves.