What do points make...?

Scottish Mag

From .com

Sunday's failure to collect three points means that we currently have our second-lowest points total after the first eight games of a Premiership season.

Only the dreadful opening to the 1999/00 season in which Gullit departed after five games saw us get off to a worse start:

NUFC record after first eight Premiership games:

2006/07: 7 points, 15th place.

2005/06: 9 points, 11th place.

2004/05: 12 points, 6th place.

2003/04: 9 points 11th place.

2002/03: 13 points 6th place

2001/02: 14 points, 4th place

2000/01: 13 points, 3rd place

1999/00: 4 points, 19th place

1998/99: 11 points, 10th place

1997/98: 15 points, 10th place

1996/97: 18 points, 2nd place

1995/96: 21 points, 1st place

1994/95: 22 points, 1st place

1993/94: 10 points, 13th place

Someone just made the point on NO that the backroom staff that we all derided under Souness - Saunders, etc. is actually better than the one we've got now. Hard to argue with it. The people that were WAY down the pecking order in that set up are now assistant manager and reserve team coach, and the people with the qualifications have been sacked. That's progress for you, NUFC style.

Someone just made the point on NO that the backroom staff that we all derided under Souness - Saunders, etc. is actually better than the one we've got now. Hard to argue with it. The people that were WAY down the pecking order in that set up are now assistant manager and reserve team coach, and the people with the qualifications have been sacked. That's progress for you, NUFC style.

It's true though. Last season...

Manager = Souness

Assistant = Murray

Coach = Saunders

Coach = McDermott

Coach = Clark

Reserve Coach = Craig

Academy = Roeder

now...

Manager = Roeder

Assistant = McDermott

Reserve Coach = Clark

It's a load of f*cking sh*t.

Manager = Souness

Assistant = Murray

Coach = Saunders

Coach = McDermott

Coach = Clark

Reserve Coach = Craig

Academy = Roeder

now...

Manager = Roeder

Assistant = McDermott

Reserve Coach = Clark

Bolton apparently have 27 members of staff... :calmdown:

Manager = Souness

Assistant = Murray

Coach = Saunders

Coach = McDermott

Coach = Clark

Reserve Coach = Craig

Academy = Roeder

now...

Manager = Roeder

Assistant = McDermott

Reserve Coach = Clark

Terry Macs just the social convenor tbh...

Guest Patrokles

Personally, it's all a bit suspicious to me. Roeder spent a lot of time talking about wanting to shake up the structure of the club, and how he believed that one man couldn't do it all. I don't think he was lying. This begs the question, then: is it a case of Roeder suddenly changing his mind, or has he simply not been allowed to expand his staff?

Personally, it's all a bit suspicious to me. Roeder spent a lot of time talking about wanting to shake up the structure of the club, and how he believed that one man couldn't do it all. I don't think he was lying. This begs the question, then: is it a case of Roeder suddenly changing his mind, or has he simply not been allowed to expand his staff?

Has he been put off signing coaches by the fat one to avoid future pay outs if a new manager is coming in. IE Shearer.

Has he been put off signing coaches by the fat one to avoid future pay outs if a new manager is coming in. IE Shearer.

So who would shearer bring in onto his coaching staff??

rob lee?

rob lee?

Mike Newell :calmdown:

And Beardsley.

Didn't we get Carrick's younger brother in as a coach?

I'm guessing there are more coaches than that at the club though. Someone needs to be training the youth teams and the keepers? And there's loads of tracky topped fuckers in the team photo as well.

rob lee?

His best mates in football are supposed to be Mike Newell, Rob Lee, Neil Ruddock and Tim Flowers. You've got all areas of the pitch covered there. Could be the basis of a staff if blended with more experienced coaches.

Carrickk's brother is going to coach at something like under-8's or under-11's level.

rob lee?

His best mates in football are supposed to be Mike Newell, Rob Lee, Neil Ruddock and Tim Flowers. You've got all areas of the pitch covered there. Could be the basis of a staff if blended with more experienced coaches.

Carrickk's brother is going to coach at something like under-8's or under-11's level.

Can just imagine Razor's commands during training "Titus left, left, left. Put the pie in your left hand and hit him with the right you moron" :calmdown:

rob lee?

And keep his racing pal terry mac :calmdown: