relegation

Dr Gloom

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be into wrestling and when Kurt Angle's theme tune came on at half time it made me crack up. The fans used to chant "you suck" over his theme tune so maybe the PA man was trying to say sommut? ;)

Aye, I was laughing at that like.

In my opinion it's fairly straight-forward.

If you want to stay up, winning your home games is key.

If you want to progress, winning your away games is key, as home wins are a given.

At this time we've played fucking NOBODY at home, and we've got fuck all. It's worrying to say the least.

Untill yesterday i had hope now we have 1 point from 3 easy games where we should have got 9. We are 3 points adrift of the pack allready when we have only won 1 game so far this season.

If a miracle happens we can survive but i doubt it. Dont expect us to bounce straight back up if we go down either just look at Leeds.

New song for the terraces Show me the way to Southend.

relegation could seriously fuck up the club.

and to be fair it looks an eventuality rather than a possibility at the moment.

the worrying thing is the standard of opposition we've been losing or drawing to at home.

no matter how shite we've been in recent seasons, there have always been a few home bankers.

we need to turn it round sharpish

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

• 4 months later...

roeder seems to think it's out of the question. i'm not so sure. there's always one club that sinks like a stone at this tome of year.

but surely even we can pick up the required 5 or so points to secure top flight status before the end of the season?

The question for me is no longer whether we are too good to go down (clearly we aren't), but whether the teams below us are bad enough to keep us up. I don't see where our next points are coming from, so we're relying others to be just shit enough that we don't end up in the bottom 3.

roeder seems to think it's out of the question. i'm not so sure. there's always one club that sinks like a stone at this tome of year.

but surely even we can pick up the required 5 or so points to secure top flight status before the end of the season?

The thing is Dan two or three defeats in a row and anything could happen.....That is what worries me.

The question for me is no longer whether we are too good to go down (clearly we aren't), but whether the teams below us are bad enough to keep us up. I don't see where our next points are coming from, so we're relying others to be just shit enough that we don't end up in the bottom 3.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...amp;st=80

:o

Aye spot on. Re the Sheff United game - one thing is absolutely certain: they will be up for the battle in a way that we haven't been all season, and weren't when they came to SJP. Our players still view themselves as top 6 challengers, whilst Sheff United's have accepted that they are battling for survival. Perhaps if the manager was prepared to recognise that we are in a battle, it might dawn on the players too......but no, he's too busy announcing that we'll qualify for Europe next season.

On the flip side, do we need to really struggle and come so close to going down that means we can clear our the piss poor management of the club and shift roeder on....

I have never in all the years of supporting this club seen fans so unsupportive of the club. There is no passion left and no excuse as to why, with the drivel we get served week in, week out.

Do we need to suffer to improve, without banging on too much, Keane's appointment at Sunderland was a masterstroke...... the man breaths fire and passion and that is the type of no nonsense manager we need, someone who speaks out truthfully and not in hollow responses to what they think that fans want to hear.....

Sheffield United will blatently beat us, its just the kind of game Newcastle don't win. We've already lost to Wigan, Charlton, Man City, Fulham, Sheffield themselves etc - in other words all the shit teams.

Anyone got their tickets through for Saturday by the way?

Sheffield United will blatently beat us, its just the kind of game Newcastle don't win. We've already lost to Wigan, Charlton, Man City, Fulham, Sheffield themselves etc - in other words all the shit teams.

It's over-subscribed and they haven't taken any money from my account, so I guess I'm not going, which is a bit of a relief tbh.

Nah, think I'm going to get a knock back. Kid I put in with only got his season ticket this year so my points will count for jack shit I reckon. Not that I'm too arsed now tbh. :o

My Dad's mate put mine in, he's been to shit loads of away games so might end up getting one. Bugger. :o

I need to pop back to Sheffield anyway so hope I get one, plus I get a pre-match pint with a fit SU fan if I go. ;)

whilst i don't agree that going down would be good for the club, i do really think it would be good for clearing out personell that have underacheived/ sulked/ been shit/ whatever.....

trouble is with the way the clubs run i really think we are stuck in this terrible rut for a number of years. even with owen and ameobi back to bolster our forward line. fat freds going to cheap out on buying players and also keep low paid manager/ coaches here.

we've been needing to move with the times for a number of years now and really we need rid of all of the shit thats playing for us. the brambles/carrs/babayaro's / bernards etc etc.