relegation

Dr Gloom

I'd rather we were shit and stayed up. Aye, getting relegated might get rid of Fat Fred, but no fucker would really want to buy us if we were in the Championship. Much better prospect if to buy out as a PL team, albeit a shit one. It's a nightmare league to get out of as well, we'd be a big scalp so every fucker would raise their game against us. No way do I want us, even in the slightest bit, to go down for whatever reason. Can't see any positive from it tbh.

Exactly. I bet 3-4 years ago Leeds fans were saying the same in the hope it would get rid of Ridsdale. Now look where they are.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What woud our attendances be in the championship?

I reckon 35000 a game

Probably about that, less midweek.

You know, apart from the fact it would financially ruin the club, I wouldn't mind a spell in the Championship. I'd rather we won games at that level than lose like we are at the moment. The club would go to the wall though, and we'd become another Sunderland/Sheff Wed/Leeds.

That'll definitely end up as one of Leazes's sigs if he reads this. ars tbqf :o

And rightly so. Stupid suggestion IMHO.

ars = And rightly so tttt :icon_lol:

I reckon 35000 a game

You know, apart from the fact it would financially ruin the club, I wouldn't mind a spell in the Championship. I'd rather we won games at that level than lose like we are at the moment. The club would go to the wall though, and we'd become another Sunderland/Sheff Wed/Leeds.

<_< That's one abbreviation I didn't know.

I reckon 35000 a game

:blush: That's one abbreviation I didn't know.

Ironically that's one I created, cruelly used against me. <_<

It's not in common usage but Renton suggested that it should be a while ago. Which is why I used it. Shearer says it all the time.

Aye. Well anyway, you've persuaded me that I'm wrong but it's pretty sad I've become so disillusioned I've began to think this way. I just want to enjoy the match again, and by that I mean during as well as drinking before and/or after. Not to much to ask for when you're paying 500 quid a year you would have thought.

It's not in common usage but Renton suggested that it should be a while ago. Which is why I used it. Shearer says it all the time.

Aye. Well anyway, you've persuaded me that I'm wrong but it's pretty sad I've become so disillusioned I've began to think this way. I just want to enjoy the match again, and by that I mean during as well as drinking before and/or after. Not to much to ask for when you're paying 500 quid a year you would have thought.

I could see where you were coming from like. As you say, sad state of affairs to even consider it.

I reckon 35000 a game

Get a grip man. 2 wins and you'll be fine.

It's a very average Premiership, but I'm sure there are three teams worse than us. It might be too close for comfort for a while but we could finish anywhere between 17th and 6th.

I'm changing my mind. I'm now not sure there are three worse / more unlucky teams than us and its looking like a relegation battle. Got to take maximum points from the next two league games.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

OK, before the last two games I was looking for at least 4 points to help counter my fears of relegation. We have managed ONE point. With our upcoming fixtures, I fear we are going to get shafted.

Why oh why didn't I bet for us to get relegated when we were 50-1 in the summer? If I had put a bet on it would have paid for next years ST in the Championship. ;)

We are going down like,

Theres nowt there

it just looks like the players have just accepted we are shit and getting relegated,

On paper, man for man we own Shef U,

but they screwed us proper,

i was in a pub with 1 geordie mate and like 40 Shef U fans,

man we got the piss took out of us ;)

After that display, we will go down. In this state, scraping points at home is a must. Charlton 1pt, Sheff U -pts. Both teams in our plight, that spells disaster for us. Still, we do have a chance to turn it around, but it involves investment in the winter (though the same investment could make things more difficult should we drop), and invovles the players grafting hard. Yesterday we were 2nd to nearly every ball, if we are fighting, we would be first to the ball, and we'd be closing them down - fighting for even a point. Remember Arsenal at home under souness? Thats the sort of play we need.

roll on january, we need a quality centreback (or 2)

a left back and right back

a target man so we can actually build from midfield....

other wise we are candidates for any of the bottom 5 places...

edit, wonder if fat fred will actually put his hand in his offshore cash reserves.....

Edited by canofbeans

what we need ius a change of management and fast, no ifs no buts nothing else will do.

And yes, I know where Rentons coming from, I too would like to just go to the match and enjoy it for a change not spend my time pissed off at being beaten by shit.

I cant remember ever feeling so disillusioned or disinterested at a game as I did yesterday. From the start I just kind of knew that we'd get nothing I did however feel it had 0-0 written all over it ;)

I do wonder at times what it must be like to have no aspirations, no belief that you're capable of winning the league, FA cup etc and to just go along to the match and enjoy the game.

what we need ius a change of management and fast, no ifs no buts nothing else will do.

And yes, I know where Rentons coming from, I too would like to just go to the match and enjoy it for a change not spend my time pissed off at being beaten by shit.

I cant remember ever feeling so disillusioned or disinterested at a game as I did yesterday. From the start I just kind of knew that we'd get nothing I did however feel it had 0-0 written all over it ;)

I do wonder at times what it must be like to have no aspirations, no belief that you're capable of winning the league, FA cup etc and to just go along to the match and enjoy the game.

Ah!! the good old days, that's what it was like pre-Keegan, and to be honest, in a way it's a lot less stressfull being shit

Ah!! the good old days, that's what it was like pre-Keegan, and to be honest, in a way it's a lot less stressfull being shit

Ahhh them were the days, sit in the Irish club til 2:55 and then think "can I be arsed to go?" and not feel guilty if you didnt.

Ahhh them were the days, sit in the Irish club til 2:55 and then think "can I be arsed to go?" and not feel guilty if you didnt.

Exactamundo, On more than one occassion we've stood in the queue at the trunstiles and tossed a coin, heads - match, tails - pub. The joys and flexibilty of pay on the gate

true very true, the smell of the hops wafting over the gallowgate, the stench of piss running down the steps, the groans as kevin dillon ran on the pitch, 50p for a funny shaped program, (landscape styleee)

THEY WERE THE DAYS

true very true, the smell of the hops wafting over the gallowgate, the stench of piss running down the steps, the groans as kevin dillon ran on the pitch, 50p for a funny shaped program, (landscape styleee)

THEY WERE THE DAYS

When the megastore was a hut over the road from the Farmers

The major worry is that NUFC have always been saved by their home form, we could always rely on picking up points at St. James to cover us, this season i have yet to see us play a single team at home that i would even rate as high as average and yet we have failed to beat all but one of them.

Under Roeder now we are pretty much the same as under Souness but for one difference. And that is that we were complete an utter shite under Souness but he kept getting bailed out by individuals like Shearer, Robert or whoever pulling a goal or assist out of nowhere despite his piss poor management, he had a short run of games where Owen saved his arse with goals and he had incidents like Barry missing the pen against us, Clark's last minute equaliser vs the Smogs etc.

Roeder has us in as big a mess as Souness but will get the bullet earlier because he lacks Souness luck, and thats ironic since all Souness ever did was whinge about him having no luck!

Very true.

I can remember about 1991 - when Jim Smith was in charge, I used to go to the games with my Mam and one day we were walking up the steps from St James' Metro and I said to her "Why do we bother?" and she said "You enjoy the good times even better if you've been there through the bad times" and I just thought but we're not going to get the good times to enjoy.

There just wasn't any expectation, just resignation that we were crap. You sort of accepted it and got on with it none the less. People used to laugh about it.

One time, it was just before Keegan came in, we were buying a copy of The Mag before the game and the price had gone up, and my Mam commented on that, and the bloke selling said "nothing ever goes down does it?" and then realised what he'd said Nah, maybe not."