relegation

Dr Gloom

I don't think NUFC will go down myself.

It'll be Watford, Sheffield and Charlton in that order.

Most people have been tipping Charlton to go down and yes their performances have been poor and some of the signings they have made (Faye, Traore etc) are shocking, however they key to them staying up could be Darren Bent and JFHs, a strikeforce far better than what we have IMO

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday is huge now like, not only for the fact we need to be beating other relegatino fodder at home, but also as it could be the day Fat Fred presses the panic button and Roeder is jettisoned.

Agree. If we lose on Saturday we have to change the management or we will go down imo.

It should be borne in mind btw that our current shitness is happening with what is basically a full strengh team for us, with the exception of Given (Owen is not coming back this season and Dyer doesn't count). Throw in a few injuries and we are completely fucked.

What woud our attendances be in the championship?

I reckon 35000 a game

Probably about that, less midweek.

You know, apart from the fact it would financially ruin the club, I wouldn't mind a spell in the Championship. I'd rather we won games at that level than lose like we are at the moment. The club would go to the wall though, and we'd become another Sunderland/Sheff Wed/Leeds.

I reckon 35000 a game

I think you're being a bit optimistic there. I can see similar crowds to what we get in our League Cup, UEFA Cup & friendly matches. So anything from 20-30,000...although for most clubs we'd be the biggest game of the season so would guarantee to sell-out the away section every match.

I reckon 35000 a game

You know, apart from the fact it would financially ruin the club, I wouldn't mind a spell in the Championship. I'd rather we won games at that level than lose like we are at the moment. The club would go to the wall though, and we'd become another Sunderland/Sheff Wed/Leeds.

Tbh i would go to every single game religously

but id spell it right :icon_lol:

At least it would get rid of the plastic supporters and youd be allowed to sing again :o

If we don't collect 4 points from the next 2 games, we'll finish bottom 6. Still not sure we're bad enough to go down...yet.

Considering the next two games are at home against fellow relegation fodder, that makes no sense really. History is scattered with clubs regarded as too good to go down who were relegated. As it stands now, Saturday is a relegation battle match.

Two wins from our next home games should get us going, hopefully we will strengthen in the transfer window and finish probably mid table, lessons need to be learned for next season, oh and i dont think we are too good to go down.

Two wins from our next home games should get us going, hopefully we will strengthen in the transfer window and finish probably mid table, lessons need to be learned for next season, oh and i dont think we are too good to go down.

:o:icon_lol:

I reckon 35000 a game

That'll definitely end up as one of Leazes's sigs if he reads this. ars tbqf :o

I reckon 35000 a game

I can't imagine it being any worse for us in the championship than it is now, and I could do without the almost constant humiliation we suffer under the hands of the bigger clubs - ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. It's boring and it's depressing. I'd just rather we were playing at a level where we could compete, at least occasionally.

Obviously i'd rather we performed in the premiership but that doesn't look likely to happen in the forseeable future....

I reckon 35000 a game

I can't imagine it being any worse for us in the championship than it is now, and I could do without the almost constant humiliation we suffer under the hands of the bigger clubs - ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. It's boring and it's depressing. I'd just rather we were playing at a level where we could compete, at least occasionally.

Obviously i'd rather we performed in the premiership but that doesn't look likely to happen in the forseeable future....

Jesus wept. TBH

I reckon 35000 a game

Jesus wept. TBH

Like I said Alex, our financial position means I DON'T want to see us get relegated, but are you seriously telling me you'd rather we were constantly beaten by a host of teams (when's the last time we won at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Anfield for instance), with no hope of winning anything, than watch us win the championship? It might be nice to actually enjoy a year out now and again. Of course, this is assuming we are not shit in the championship, which we would be, because of finances. Once again though, I'd rather we picked up in the premiership, obviously.

I can tell you one thing. If we are relegated, I'm definitely renewing my season ticket. If we come 17th, I'm not sure (although I probably still will).

I'd rather do shit in the Premier League (and stay up) than go down and win the Championship, yes. And if you think the football you're watching now is bad...

I'd rather do shit in the Premier League (and stay up) than go down and win the Championship, yes. And if you think the football you're watching now is bad...

You might be right. I'm just getting to the stage where I can't be bothered watching us in the PL as it's all so depressing and predictable. And the 92-93 season was amazing, I'd swap now for then in an instant. Can't turn back the clock though.

You might be right. I'm just getting to the stage where I can't be bothered watching us in the PL as it's all so depressing and predictable. And the 92-93 season was amazing, I'd swap now for then in an instant. Can't turn back the clock though.

I'm past that stage tbh. I'm becoming completely apathetic. Only look forward to the pre/post match drinks now. The 92-93 season was a one-off like. Very difficult to play that sort of football in that division with any degree of success.

I bet if you asked Leeds fans where they'd want to be they'd not say Championship. Going down leads to financial ruin and with it uncertainty. Theres no guarantee that we would come straight back up especially as we'd have to lose the majority of an already thin squad. The grass is never greener.

I'd rather we were shit and stayed up. Aye, getting relegated might get rid of Fat Fred, but no fucker would really want to buy us if we were in the Championship. Much better prospect if to buy out as a PL team, albeit a shit one. It's a nightmare league to get out of as well, we'd be a big scalp so every fucker would raise their game against us. No way do I want us, even in the slightest bit, to go down for whatever reason. Can't see any positive from it tbh.

I reckon 35000 a game

And rightly so. Stupid suggestion IMHO.