relegation

Dr Gloom

i personally think that with our lack of numbers and quality in defence and up front it's a real possibility. the fact that we've lost games at the start of the season that we should have won combined with the usual rollovers at liverpool and manu doesn't bode well.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham weren't too good to go down. Leeds weren't too good to go down. If we don't start performing pronto we'll not be too good to go down either.

Given the curse of Roeder I know believe relegation to be inevitable.

Never even thought of that when I was posting that West Ham weren't too good to go down.

West Ham weren't too good to go down. Leeds weren't too good to go down. If we don't start performing pronto we'll not be too good to go down either.

was wondering ... were those the last two "too good to go down" teams? if so, we're due one this season :lol:

was wondering ... were those the last two "too good to go down" teams? if so, we're due one this season :lol:

I think so aye. Hell, even Blackburn went down 4 years after they won the title.

Have to be honest i'm personally not worried about relegation, there are worse teams in the prem and i think we will do more than enough to stay up under Roeder.

However that doesn't mean we won't have a shite season, that is looking like a distinct possibility with the paper thin squad, blundering defence etc.

we'l stay up but prepare for about 3 to 5 years of shit football unless were taken over.

Because after a shot season this season where is the money going to come from for next season?

We are too good to go down, but we won't get very far with Roeder in charge. Mid-table medicocrity.

I guess weve been through it before so weve just got to stick it out.

Today we were apauling though

i personally think that with our lack of numbers and quality in defence and up front it's a real possibility. the fact that we've lost games at the start of the season that we should have won combined with the usual rollovers at liverpool and manu doesn't bode well.

and just think if we had spent the money where YOU said, we would now have no [zero] forwards .....

A few injuries and of course it's a possibility. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen, but if it does will LM admit he's wrong about the chairman? No, I doubt it.

I'm also worried that the UEFA cup could prove to be enough of a distraction to tip the balance, but realistically there will be 3 worse teams than us, surely?

Relegation is definitely a possibility as I don't think we have enough players who care enough about the Newcastle cause, I just can't see the likes of Babayaro and co giving a flying fuck if were fighting a relegation battle, can you?

Babayaro - not bothered if he plays now, never mind to fight relegation

Moore - Away at the end of the season anyway

Bramble - See above

Taylor - fight to the end

Milner - wants away anyway

Butt - We all know where his loyalties lie

Luque - No comment

Carr - wants away

N'Zogbia - would give his all but would be a good excuse to leave and further his career

Parker - Would give his all but wouldn't stick around to play in the championship

Ameobi - Would have evntually found his level

Ramage - As above

Duff - See Parker

Martins - As above

Solano - As above

Emre - Go missing, probably feign injury to avoid the embarassment

God forbid if we were to go down, we would have no squad left meaning it would be highly unlikely that we would come straight back up

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I'm not worried at all about relegation. Our next league fixtures are Bolton (h), Boro (a), Charlton (h) and Sheffield Utd (h) - I think we can get 9 points from these. It will be a disappointing season and we will probably struggle to finish in the top half, but relegation - I don't think so.

What really pisses me off is that it was (on paper) the easiest start we've had in years and if things had been done properly in the summer, we could be up there with the likes of Bolton and Pompey now. Instead we've completely blown it again - two wins out of seven is just poor. On the plus side, we've got Anfield and Old Trafford out of the way.

I'm not worried at all about relegation. Our next league fixtures are Bolton (h), Boro (a), Charlton (h) and Sheffield Utd (h) - I think we can get 9 points from these. It will be a disappointing season and we will probably struggle to finish in the top half, but relegation - I don't think so.

What really pisses me off is that it was (on paper) the easiest start we've had in years and if things had been done properly in the summer, we could be up there with the likes of Bolton and Pompey now. Instead we've completely blown it again - two wins out of seven is just poor. On the plus side, we've got Anfield and Old Trafford out of the way.

Agree, the start we had was sufficient to get a good few points on the board and get some confidence and momentum going and we've pissed it away with some poor performances all round. But relegation isn't something thats worrying me.

Yet.

Having played all them Intertoto games we should have got off to a flyer being fitter than most other teams, in theory.

Whole top and bottom of it is our players and manager aren't good enough

Bobby's team showed how to get off to a flyer after an intertoto capmpaign that one year. We really came out the blocks at full speed and got an unusually good start for NUFC, this time we have blown a great opportunity.

I don't think we'll get relegated like, but I don't think we'll be far off. Need to start winning at home though, can't have too many games like the Fulham and Everton one's or we'll be in the shit. Tbh, I'm more worried about where the goals are coming from rather than the defence.

we'll stay up.

it'll have nowt to do with our quality but more likely the paucity of talent in Watford and Sheffield's squads, other teams like Charlton, West Ham, Man City and Fulham may slip down the league as it continues.

I think Roeder is a decent first team coach, but lacks the big game attitude or tactical awareness. Of course this could be a knee jerk reaction, but it's hardly flying in the face of fantastic football and shrewd summer signings now is it?

On a positive note, we picked up no injuries, no suspensions, only lost by two goals and need not visit Old Trafford again this season (cups aside).