Manchester United vs Newcastle United

TOPTOON

Although personally I feel Ameobi is probably best served as a lone striker than Martins, & that if you go to OT and attack, you get fucking tonked. We saw when Souness played 4-5-1 in the game where Ambrose scored that it's the most sensible option, especially given the dynamic nature of Parker and Emre.

We'll see how the game itself goes, but I don't think it's fair to judge Roeder on his selection until we've seen how it works. I also believe that he has it right, really.

I have to disagree. Play your best striker...always.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

Although personally I feel Ameobi is probably best served as a lone striker than Martins, & that if you go to OT and attack, you get fucking tonked. We saw when Souness played 4-5-1 in the game where Ambrose scored that it's the most sensible option, especially given the dynamic nature of Parker and Emre.

We'll see how the game itself goes, but I don't think it's fair to judge Roeder on his selection until we've seen how it works. I also believe that he has it right, really.

Play your best striker for the system you're employing. Which, in this case, is Ameobi.

Guest Patrokles

Also, it's all very well writing about having a go and all that, but let's be honest- we're not as good as Manchester United. By quite some way. History has demonstrated very reliably that when you're not as good as the other team, and you're playing away, you pack the midfield, play a lone striker, and dig the fuck in.

Play your best striker for the system you're employing. Which, in this case, is Ameobi.

There's no denying that 4-5-1 suits Ameobi more than Martins, in fact for some reason,a way from home on his own has seen Shola turn in some of his better efforts/performances.

But i don't like to see Martins dropped just after the massive confidence boost of his 2 goals midweek and are NUFC ever really that successful with the tactic of trying to defend and kill games away to the very best??? We usually end up holding for a while but ultimately losing, in which cae we might as well go for it and lose.

With say O'Neil and Villa he knows exactly how to play that kind of game and has done so many times and probably has a team who will do it better, but NUFC never seem good at this ay of playing against a manu or arsenal for 90 mins, and you have to do it for 90 mins.

And you can play 4-4-2 and still keep it tight and sensible, not going all out attack and leaving your defence in for a spanking. I can still see why Roeder wants to do it this way to be fair, i just doubt we'll hold out and you have to for it to work.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

"Such an AWFUL mistake by Steven Taylor, Rooney nearly capitalises." according to Alan Green

:angry:

Alan Green might as well have a ManUre rattle and rosette.

"Such an AWFUL mistake by Steven Taylor, Rooney nearly capitalises." according to Alan Green

:angry:

Alan Green might as well have a ManUre rattle and rosette.

hahahahahaaa, wtf?

Green's a massive Liverpool fan you idiot.

why is martins on the bench?

We playing 5 in midfield?

we are getting owned. we even a joke with our stupid numbers.

And the BBC commentators are fucking shit and baised.

' a lot of the newcastle players look a like, take Taylor and Ramage :angry: