Sides left in the UEFA

Guest Patrokles

An ideal group for us would be...

Newcastle, Club Bruges, Slovan Liberec, Grasshoppers, OB Odense.

Group of death would be...

Newcastle, AZ Alkmaar, Palermo, Fenerbache, Nancy

i wouldn't mind one strong team. we'd do well to get one 30k crowd in that top group.

There not still using that ridiculous format where you play two teams at home, two different teams away and one not at all are they?

Get it back to two-legged knock-out man!

Aye it's something like that. 5 in a group, 2 home matches, two away matches. Completely cack-handed.

Group of death when 3 teams out of 5 go through? Howay!

This format is completely shit. All it means is more games to drag our league form down and risk possible serious injuries. Then, when we qualify, we will get knocked out by the first decent team we meet, probably in the quarter finals. Oh joy. :angry:

This format is completely shit. All it means is more games to drag our league form down and risk possible serious injuries. Then, when we qualify, we will get knocked out by the first decent team we meet, probably in the quarter finals. Oh joy. :lol:

On the plus side, with the final in Scotland, if we did somehow manage to spawn our way through, it'll make for a canny day out. :angry: Aren't we seeded and therefore guaranteed crap teams until pretty much the QFs anyway?

Guest Patrokles

This format is completely shit. All it means is more games to drag our league form down and risk possible serious injuries. Then, when we qualify, we will get knocked out by the first decent team we meet, probably in the quarter finals. Oh joy. :lol:

On the plus side, with the final in Scotland, if we did somehow manage to spawn our way through, it'll make for a canny day out. :angry: Aren't we seeded and therefore guaranteed crap teams until pretty much the QFs anyway?

yeah, you'd think so.

On the negative side, I won't get a ticket as I haven't been arsed to go to many European matches this year. Bah! :lol:

Actually, think it depends where you finish in the group. If you come second you can get a CL drop-out, which wouldn't be good. From what I can gather our group will consist of one team (and only one team) from each of the following pots:

Pot #2:

Club Brugge

FC Basel

AZ Alkmaar

Sparta Prague

Rangers

Celta Vigo

Paris St.-Germain

RC Lens

Pot #3:

Besiktas

Palermo

Espanyol

Hereenveen

Partizan Belgrade

Rapid Bucharest

Wisla Krakow

Slovan Liberec

Pot #4:

Fenerbache

Austra Wien

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Osasuna

Blackburn

Grasshoppers Zurich

Dynamo Bucharest

Livorno

Pot #5:

Tottenham

Maccabi Haifa

Sporting Braga

Nancy

Eintracht Frankfurt

Zulte Waregem

Mlada Boleslav

OB Odense

On the negative side, I won't get a ticket as I haven't been arsed to go to many European matches this year. Bah! :lol:

Ner ner! Put yourself on the direct debit scheme GYPSY BOYYYYY!

Guest Patrokles

Actually, think it depends where you finish in the group. If you come second you can get a CL drop-out, which wouldn't be good. From what I can gather our group will consist of one team (and only one team) from each of the following pots:

Pot #2:

Club Brugge

FC Basel

AZ Alkmaar

Sparta Prague

Rangers

Celta Vigo

Paris St.-Germain

RC Lens

Pot #3:

Besiktas

Palermo

Espanyol

Hereenveen

Partizan Belgrade

Rapid Bucharest

Wisla Krakow

Slovan Liberec

Pot #4:

Fenerbache

Austra Wien

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Osasuna

Blackburn

Grasshoppers Zurich

Dynamo Bucharest

Livorno

Pot #5:

Tottenham

Maccabi Haifa

Sporting Braga

Nancy

Eintracht Frankfurt

Zulte Waregem

Mlada Boleslav

OB Odense

I'm not entirely sure but I THINK that you can't be drawn with a side from your own country in the group stages, like the Champs. League.

Ner ner! Put yourself on the direct debit scheme GYPSY BOYYYYY!

Nowt to do with money, just can't be bothered watching amateur teams in this stupid format. Rapidly losing my soopafan status tbh. I will probably attend the knockouts; if we did get to the final and I didn't have enough credit then it will serve me right, I guess. I don't think we will though.

Guest Patrokles

Ok, so we could potentially meet the following in the knock-out stages:

Seville, Panathinaikos, Parma, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Feyenoord, Auxerre, AZ Alkmaar, Sparta Prague, Glasgow Rangers, Celta Vigo, Paris St. Germain, Lens, Besiktas, Palermo, Espanyol, Heerenveen, Fenerbahce.

Although there's no team there that would absolutely blow us away, there are a lot who would provide huge tests. Thankfully it would come after January, so hopefully we'll have addressed some problem positions by then.

Ok, so we could potentially meet the following in the knock-out stages:

Seville, Panathinaikos, Parma, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Feyenoord, Auxerre, AZ Alkmaar, Sparta Prague, Glasgow Rangers, Celta Vigo, Paris St. Germain, Lens, Besiktas, Palermo, Espanyol, Heerenveen, Fenerbahce.

Although there's no team there that would absolutely blow us away, there are a lot who would provide huge tests. Thankfully it would come after January, so hopefully we'll have addressed some problem positions by then.

*stifled giggles*