Bond poised for Newcastle axe

Jimbo

Kevin Bond will be sacked as Newcastle assistant manager in the wake of Panorama's bung allegations, according to reports.

The Daily Mirror claims that Bond's fate is sealed, and that it is merely a matter of time until Newcatle's lawyers 'sort out the small print' and his short spell as Glenn Roeder's assistant comes to an end.

Bond was filmed by Panorama talking to an undercover BBC reporter, and has been placed on gardening leave by Newcastle for the last three games.

However, while Bond may have accepted his departure from St James' Park as inevitable, he is still planning on taking legal action aganst the BBC.

His solicitor, Kevin Price, said: "My client will be taking proceedings for libel against the BBC over the programme and the media hype generated to publicise it.

"The short extract from my client's conversation with the reporter was taken out of context and presented in a completely misleading manner.

"It was all smoke and mirrors. It seems that my client was only included because after one year of working on the programme the producers were struggling to fill the one-hour slot."

Seems like a titanic over reaction to me, what he said was while employed at another club, and was nowhere near as bad as the comments made by others.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the programme so I don't know what he's accused of.

But what has he done at Newcastle to enable them to sack him???? Nowt I reckon, in such a short space of time.

Other than a formal interview having taken place and the direct question 'have you ever done owt wrong?' or words to that effect (mind you, if it was Portly Freddie they probably would be his exact words!) in which Bond replied 'No, Sir! Not me, no never' in which case they (NUFC) could sack him for false information, I don't see how they can sack him :good:

Talking of coaching staff, obviously from Saturday's performance it's obvious Bellamy & Jenas are missing learning from the striking prowess of Dean Saunders in training on a day-to-day basis. :D

Jenas is Spurs' top scorer so far ain't he. :good:

Talking of coaching staff, obviously from Saturday's performance it's obvious Bellamy & Jenas are missing learning from the striking prowess of Dean Saunders in training on a day-to-day basis. :D

Jenas is Spurs' top scorer so far ain't he. :good:

That says more about Spurs than Jenas's striking skills.

innocent until proven guilty, i thought that was everyones right in this country.

Was he not recorded saying he would take a bung though? Might be wrong, I lost interest after a while.

Maybe there's another agenda and they're using this as an excuse or maybe he was involved in something a bit bent over the summer (with us) and the club have decided to move him on swiftly in light of the 'secret evidence' the BBC gave to the FA.

All sounds a bit weird to me.

Guest Patrokles

You don't have to pay someone off for that kind of thing, I wouldn't have imagined.

Anyway, the whole Panorama thing was clearly just a conspiracy by Shepherd to get rid of Bond so Shearer could be appointed assistant. Clearly.

To be fair to steve clarke like hes managed to stay as mourinhos number 2 for a few year so he must be doing something right!

Lee clarke as number 2 is a farce. Anyone who has been to a reserve game can see he hangs off the edge of the dug out with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and does very little else the whole 90mins.

Guest Patrokles

To be fair to steve clarke like hes managed to stay as mourinhos number 2 for a few year so he must be doing something right!

Lee clarke as number 2 is a farce. Anyone who has been to a reserve game can see he hangs off the edge of the dug out with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and does very little else the whole 90mins.

No one at the club has said anything about Lee Clark being the new assistant.

Magpies to decide on Bond future

Newcastle assistant manager Kevin Bond is expected to find out this week if he has a future at the club.

Bond was placed on gardening leave after a BBC Panorama programme secretly recorded him saying he would consider receiving payments from an agent.

The coach, who was at Portsmouth at the time, says he has never been interested in receiving bungs.

Newcastle confirmed Bond has had time off to deal with "personal matters" but have so far made no further comment.

Bond ended his long association with Harry Redknapp in July by leaving Portsmouth to become Glenn Roeder's number two at Newcastle.

Now reports suggest Bond could leave St James' Park with Lee Clark promoted to work alongside Roeder.

Bond intends to sue the BBC for libel following the broadcast of the Panorama investigation.

His solicitor David Price read: "The short extract from my client's conversation with the reporter was taken out of context and presented in a completely misleading manner."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/5378844.stm

Newcastle assistant manager Kevin Bond is expected to find out this week if he has a future at the club.

Bond was placed on gardening leave after a BBC Panorama programme secretly recorded him saying he would consider receiving payments from an agent.

The coach, who was at Portsmouth at the time, says he has never been interested in receiving bungs.

Newcastle confirmed Bond has had time off to deal with "personal matters" but have so far made no further comment.

Bond ended his long association with Harry Redknapp in July by leaving Portsmouth to become Glenn Roeder's number two at Newcastle.

Now reports suggest Bond could leave St James' Park with Lee Clark promoted to work alongside Roeder.

Bond intends to sue the BBC for libel following the broadcast of the Panorama investigation.

His solicitor David Price read: "The short extract from my client's conversation with the reporter was taken out of context and presented in a completely misleading manner."

Fucking hell :good:

Best looking managerial setup in the league surely?

Guest Patrokles

Not sure where they get these 'reports' from. Maybe they're the same 'reports' that claim we're signing Defoe in January for £10 million.