What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Guest alex

oh yes.

Got that album. Still canny, if patchy. William Orbit is class. I'm sure you've taken the piss out of me for liking dance music on more than one occasion like.

I will use any stick to beat you with tbh, even if it makes me a hypocrite. ;)

;)

That KLF album is brilliant btw. It's quite hard to get these days, on CD anyway. I know people think the KLF were just taking the piss, and they were a lot of the time, but that's pure class imo. Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond should've packed in after that. The pedal steel guitar makes it like. It's sublime.

I remember when this came out [just] it was so vibrant, you knew this was a special group, and had instant number 1 written all over it. Still gives me shivers to be honest.

and this too

;)

That KLF album is brilliant btw. It's quite hard to get these days, on CD anyway. I know people think the KLF were just taking the piss, and they were a lot of the time, but that's pure class imo. Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond should've packed in after that. The pedal steel guitar makes it like. It's sublime.

There is a funny story about Bill Drummond and the pedal steel guitarist he used for the KLF stuff.

The guitarist is Graham Lee from the Australian band

and after KLF broke up in the early 90's Drummond recorded a whole bunch of stuff, including some pedal steel with Graham, for a song he was composing to celebrate world peace!

Drummond's idea was no one would hear it until the leaders of both the US and the USSR joined him on stage to celebrate this monumental moment.

Anyway time went by, the USSR collapsed, the US went to war with more and more countries and Bill Drummond gets that little bit crazier day by day.

Next thing you know and it's 2008/09 and Graham hears a song with this pedal steel guitar riff that he recorded 15 years ago for BD!

Turns out Drummond has sold someone this recording without telling anyone and it's on this huge commercial release. Nice one Bill.

Also did you know Drummond's first release was back in 1986, a solo record called The Man released on creation.

The Triffids including Graham were his studio musicians for it.

Bill Drummond at his finest.

Guest alex
;)

There is a funny story about Bill Drummond and the pedal steel guitarist he used for the KLF stuff.

The guitarist is Graham Lee from the Australian band

and after KLF broke up in the early 90's Drummond recorded a whole bunch of stuff, including some pedal steel with Graham, for a song he was composing to celebrate world peace!

Drummond's idea was no one would hear it until the leaders of both the US and the USSR joined him on stage to celebrate this monumental moment.

Anyway time went by, the USSR collapsed, the US went to war with more and more countries and Bill Drummond gets that little bit crazier day by day.

Next thing you know and it's 2008/09 and Graham hears a song with this pedal steel guitar riff that he recorded 15 years ago for BD!

Turns out Drummond has sold someone this recording without telling anyone and it's on this huge commercial release. Nice one Bill.

Also did you know Drummond's first release was back in 1986, a solo record called The Man released on creation.

The Triffids including Graham were his studio musicians for it.

Bill Drummond at his finest.

Saw Drummond doing some spoken word shit (and I mean shit) in The Forth once. It was properly embarrassing. People just thought he was some drunken wanker, which is essentially what he was. Jimmy Cauty's Space album is quality too btw.

wow it was good to hear that again LM. MY brother had Tubular Bells many years ago. I used to listen to that and Journey to the centre of the Earth (Rick Wakeman) as a kid!

Guest alex
English Rose - The Jam.

Part of a compilation cd I made for Mrs Hips. I make one for her every tenth year of our marriage. Who said love is dead or that I never give her owt ;)

;)

Great tune that like.