What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night

Very good so far (about 6 tracks in) nice elements of shoegaze, good vocals, very chill. Nice improvement on the previous (which could be the debut, i don't know).

stiva, where did you score that? it's not released until march.

Also this is their 3rd release, their first, Vol 1, has just been re-released as it was missed by the world.

atlas sounds - logos

Please Dont - Santigold

Off the forthcoming David Byrne and Fat Boy slim collaboration.

Edit: Free download here i think.

http://www.davidbyrne.com/here_lies_love/index.php

Album vocalists include Florence, Alice Russell, Martha Wainwright, Tori Amos and Cyndi Lauper amongst others.

Muchos gracias por favor. I'll have a gander when i get home.

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - White Lunar

It's a collection of the best stuff from their soundtrack work. It's Lush.

LOVE Nick Cave. Was listening to Murder Ballads on the way to work just last week on the iPod.

Please Dont - Santigold

Album vocalists include Florence, Alice Russell, Martha Wainwright, Tori Amos and Cyndi Lauper amongst others.

LOVE Nick Cave. Was listening to Murder Ballads on the way to work just last week on the iPod.

Some of his worst work. At that point of Nick's career it was like, give the man a shot of smack, get him back on the horse, find him some skag! Then Blitza fucked off and Ellis restored the natural order. Birthday Party's stuff and then all the Bad Seeds until the Mercy Seat is great but that "shit song" pap! fuck me what dross. Martyn P Casey and Mick Harvey are rather nice chaps though. And for anyone that knows the earlier stuff Rowland S Howard who was in the Birthday Party with Nick passed away just before Christmas.

circulatory system - signal morning. it's a ride but brilliant.

Paul Oakenfold - Radio 1 Essential Mix - Space Ibiza - 1998

Fucking Awesome. I was there when this was recorded :wank:

Get yourself the Goa mix (Silver & Gold), classic essential mix & probably his best work.

Please Dont - Santigold

Some of his worst work. At that point of Nick's career it was like, give the man a shot of smack, get him back on the horse, find him some skag! Then Blitza fucked off and Ellis restored the natural order. Birthday Party's stuff and then all the Bad Seeds until the Mercy Seat is great but that "shit song" pap! fuck me what dross. Martyn P Casey and Mick Harvey are rather nice chaps though. And for anyone that knows the earlier stuff Rowland S Howard who was in the Birthday Party with Nick passed away just before Christmas.

circulatory system - signal morning. it's a ride but brilliant.

There are three subjects I've found it's absolutely pointless to debate-

1. Religion

2. Politics (American, at least)

3. Music (namely, what's good and what's bad)

That being said, it's hard to believe you equate tracks like Song of Joy, The Curse of Millhaven, or Stagger Lee with the low point of his career. Those are some great songs, man.

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

Amazing. Definitely a lot more poppy than their debut but nevertheless still has some quality stuff on it. The vocals are pretty cheesy but it all works. Between this and Eels, 2010 has started very well indeed.

I slept through xmas?

:)

I make no excuses for my crimes.

Totally agree btw, Yeasayer album is quality.

Hot Chip's new album : One Life Stand

BOSH!

I like Brothers. :)

I've been listening to Smodcast.

The last two have been Kevin and his mother, Grace. He's been getting her high for the first time in her life and talking about Religion, drug use and their family history.

Odd to hear a son talk so brazenly about his mother piping his dead father. Hilarious stuff and strangely moving too.

Some of the best podcasting I've heard all year.

30 Seconds to Wars and Lostprophets recent offerings.

Aren't they the Iraqi version of 30 secs to Mars? Wasn't their last single a reworking of The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction: (I can't get no) WMD?

IIRC it garnered some interest a few years ago but ultimately proved lacking in any substance :)

BOSH!

The last two have been Kevin and his mother, Grace. He's been getting her high for the first time in her life and talking about Religion, drug use and their family history.

Odd to hear a son talk so brazenly about his mother piping his dead father. Hilarious stuff and strangely moving too.

I went to see Kevin Smith at a 'talk-in' or stand-up or whatever, and it was great. I'm not really a fan of his movies, or a stoner, but he's very entertaining. He went on stage early, stayed late and was very happy to be there.

edit : are the smodcasts any good? I've never listened

Edited by Barney

BOSH!

I went to see Kevin Smith at a 'talk-in' or stand-up or whatever, and it was great. I'm not really a fan of his movies, or a stoner, but he's very entertaining. He went on stage early, stayed late and was very happy to be there.

edit : are the smodcasts any good? I've never listened

If you liked his talk, you'll love the Smodcasts. You're lucky to have 103 of them to catch up on.

I'm not a fan of his films either.