What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Talking about amazing guitarists, Jimmy James, the amazing guitarist from the Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio has left and formed his own band called Parlor Greens.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlbertSmith50 said:

El Mocambo concert in 4K - (RIP SRV) 

You won't be disappointed music fans. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Wrong

I was going to post the same and then realised there was another page to the thread.

btw @AlbertSmith50 there was no such thing as 4k before auld Stevie fell out of the sky. It might have been shot on film, which is potentially better than 4k but looking at it, it was shot on video, most likely betacam, as that was the highest broadcast quality available at that time and someone since has just up-ressed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

The DLO3 version of Move on Up is brilliant but the original is just an amazing release.

Aye. The original is sensational. Been on a disco / funk journey lately. Which had bled into 70s and 80s funky soul / post disco. Some of the best pop music ever made 

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

I was going to post the same and then realised there was another page to the thread.

btw @AlbertSmith50 there was no such thing as 4k before auld Stevie fell out of the sky. It might have been shot on film, which is potentially better than 4k but looking at it, it was shot on video, most likely betacam, as that was the highest broadcast quality available at that time and someone since has just up-ressed it.

No, you don't say.

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

The DLO3 version of Move on Up is brilliant but the original is just an amazing release.

You will love this one

You can find the original recordings/videos on Stevie Ray Vaughan's Youtube channel. Turn the volume half way and you can really hear everything. SRV's version of Voodoo Child (Slight Return) is badass - plus, Texas Flood is amazing, along with Love Struck Baby, Tell Me and Mary Had a Little Lamb + tons more.

14 hours ago, Alex said:

The possibilities of AI and this is what we get 

We need to sort out natural stupidity before we can adequately deal with artificial intelligence.

• Haha 2

@spongebob toonpants @PaddockLad 

There’s a lass I keep in touch with who I went to university with at Loughborough in the mid/early 90s. She’s from Hinckley but lives in Brighton now. After university she managed the independent record shop there called the Left-Legged Pineapple. It’s online only these days. Why the fuck am I telling you this? Well I got on to the subject of (In Bed With… / “Chart Music”) Chris Needham. And she was on about how he used to get in the shop all the time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex said:

@spongebob toonpants @PaddockLad 

There’s a lass I keep in touch with who I went to university with at Loughborough in the mid/early 90s. She’s from Hinckley but lives in Brighton now. After university she managed the independent record shop there called the Left-Legged Pineapple. It’s online only these days. Why the fuck am I telling you this? Well I got on to the subject of (In Bed With… / “Chart Music”) Chris Needham. And she was on about how he used to get in the shop all the time

Am properly going to have to check Al Needham out… I take it was supposed to be a spoof sort of thing? 

Anyway… this morning you can have this..I’ve just driven into Weymouth listening to it and I was so distracted I nearly crashed the van :boogie:

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am properly going to have to check Al Needham out… I take it was supposed to be a spoof sort of thing? 

Anyway… this morning you can have this..I’ve just driven into Weymouth listening to it and I was so distracted I nearly crashed the van :boogie:

Choon!

It wasn’t a spoof. You may remember I made reference to this a while back (well worth a watch btw):

This was one of a series of video diaries from the early 90s. Where people were given a camera and then made their own film before BBC looked at it and edited into a programme proper, if it was  deemed worth making into one. Off the back of that on (iirc) Def 2, there was a spin off series of teenage video diaries. Same premise made by da yoof for da yoof. The Chris Needham* one was shown and by popular demand was repeated once. But I don’t think it’s been on telly since and survives via vhs uploads to YouTube. 
*It’s not Al Needham. By coincidence they share the same surname and are both from the East Midlands. They know each other now but only through Al Needham championing ’In Bed With Chris Needham’. I think they’ve done some Q&A events together, as it’s got a cult following. 
The bit in the podcast intro “What do you like listening to?…giggles…Chart music….” Is from the video diary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

From this playlist… you’re all welcome :D 

There were three compilations done by mixmaster morris by that name.  That’s the track list from volume 1. Or similar. Might be an amalgam of all 3. Some mixes of the tracks featured will have been proper obscure/ done for the compilations. That was kind of eclectic dance, 2 was ambient/ambient techno, 3 was more hardcore techno / trance. They were in aid of CND. Vol 2 is excellent. Iirc vol 1 wasn’t mixed but the other two were. 

Edited by Alex

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Choon!

It wasn’t a spoof. You may remember I made reference to this a while back (well worth a watch btw):

This was one of a series of video diaries from the early 90s. Where people were given a camera and then made their own film before BBC looked at it and edited into a programme proper, if it was  deemed worth making into one. Off the back of that on (iirc) Def 2, there was a spin off series of teenage video diaries. Same premise made by da yoof for da yoof. The Chris Needham* one was shown and by popular demand was repeated once. But I don’t think it’s been on telly since and survives via vhs uploads to YouTube. 
*It’s not Al Needham. By coincidence they share the same surname and are both from the East Midlands. They know each other now but only through Al Needham championing ’In Bed With Chris Needham’. I think they’ve done some Q&A events together, as it’s got a cult following. 
The bit in the podcast intro “What do you like listening to?…giggles…Chart music….” Is from the video diary. 

Yes, I meant Chris Needham :lol: 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Yes, I meant Chris Needham :lol: 

Sorry, should have realised. :lol: Their having the same surname completely threw me when they first started talking about it on the podcast so I thought you may have been similarly confused 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I don't know why but I kind of missed all the hype of that era of early 90s dance, KLF yes but S'Express, Black Box, etc meh.

This on the other hand and of its ilk.

or

Especially this

Talking about Tom Tom Club, how much does this sound like them?

• Like 1

Wordy Rappinghood by Tom Tom Club is brilliant too. S”Express were canny but it was basically just cool disco samples. Black Box were the cheesy end of Italo House. And of course their biggest hit completely ripped off Love Sensation by Loletta Holloway. For a bit better representation of the Italian scene try Don Carlos. Not to be confused with the reggae artist of the same name.

KLF we’re class, obviously. 

Don Carlos a DJ:
https://on.soundcloud.com/NWDCVERZWj7erf9X7

as a producer:

• Like 1