What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

On 24/08/2024 at 23:23, Tdansmith said:

springsteen-nebraska-front3.jpg

I always think Springsteen comes across as a good bloke but I’m not really into his music. I don’t dislike or have strong feelings about it in general. But I absolutely love that album. I think it was just demo tapes he did ahead of recording an album with the E Street Band and they convinced him to release it as was when they heard it. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I always think Springsteen comes across as a good bloke but I’m not really into his music. I don’t dislike or have strong feelings about it in general. But I absolutely love that album. I think it was just demo tapes he did ahead of recording an album with the E Street Band and they convinced him to release it as was when they heard it. 

Same, I think it's the best thing he's done. Mainly cos you're not straining to hear his voice over his fucking stupid band. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I lean toward Darkness on the Edge of Town as his best but aye, Nebraska is brilliant. It took me a while to get it but I remember giving it another go on an absolutely miserable bus ride in the winter and it just clicked 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Lucy Porter was the young lady

Didn’t know that- but in that case, I don’t blame him. 

Cracking Chebs :lol:

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Didn’t know that- but in that case, I don’t blame him. 

Cracking Chebs :lol:

After criticising me

No Way GIF by GIPHY News

2 hours ago, Alex said:

@spongebob toonpants or @PaddockLad On the TOTP podcast, what’s the documentary they go on about? The one that’s in used in the opening titles - ‘What do you like listening to?…*giggles*… Chart music’ 

I think it’s mentioned in the first or second episode…. think it’s something from the early 70s…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

@spongebob toonpants or @PaddockLad On the TOTP podcast, what’s the documentary they go on about? The one that’s in used in the opening titles - ‘What do you like listening to?…*giggles*… Chart music’ 

The greatest documentary ever made

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Thanks 1