What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

19 hours ago, Gemmill said:

As I've explained on here in the past. There's nothing not to like about Taylor Swift. She's tremendous. 

In terms of how she's fought the dying powers that are still trying to control the music industry and somehow managed to come out on top, aye absolutely.

I'm terms of her actual musical output, not so much.

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Is there any EDM heeds in the Da Hooooooooooouse?

Just listening to this great set;

I haven't even pressed play, but I guarantee Renton hates it because "there's been no decent music since" the 50s or whenever he was a kid.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

@spongebob toonpants @PaddockLad after eventually getting through nearly 100, 2 hours plus episodes of Talking Sopranos I’ve eventually started on Chart Music the Top Of The Pops podcast. It’s quality 👍🏻

They’ve hardly done anything all year, understandable really due to Kulkarni’s sudden passing. Have you subscribed to the Patreon?..

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They’ve hardly done anything all year, understandable really due to Kulkarni’s sudden passing. Have you subscribed to the Patreon?..

No, it’s on Amazon Music so I’m listening via that 

• Like 1

I thought about Amazon music because Spotify keeps going up and in a moment of weakness I also said I’d pay for the now semi permanent Mrs PL too 😒 we have Prime so it made sense and there’s apps that let you transfer playlists over… tried one and out of 90 tracks Amazon didn’t have 20 of them 😬

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You know you can get a family thing with Spotify? You don't have to have separate accounts and it's cheaper. 

Yeah we’ve got a joint account but I object to George Michael and Bob Jovi figuring strongly  in my end of year wrap 😒

Its getting on for 20 quid a month so I thought we could save that by just paying for Amazon.. 

Edited by PaddockLad

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I thought about Amazon music because Spotify keeps going up and in a moment of weakness I also said I’d pay for the now semi permanent Mrs PL too 😒 we have Prime so it made sense and there’s apps that let you transfer playlists over… tried one and out of 90 tracks Amazon didn’t have 20 of them 😬

It’s not that great. But I got a subscription with 6 months for 99p or something when I got a smart speaker a while back. And I’ve never got rid. The availability is a bit patchy. I think Spotify and YouTube has a lot more old electronic stuff that you can’t work out who owns the license for etc 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think yourself lucky it isn’t linked to your google home speakers with kids in the house. :( 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

@spongebob toonpants @PaddockLad after eventually getting through nearly 100, 2 hours plus episodes of Talking Sopranos I’ve eventually started on Chart Music the Top Of The Pops podcast. It’s quality 👍🏻

The good news is it just gets better as they get into it. I'm on my second go round after finishing the whole thing

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah that’s with duo, I think before that came out it was all lumped in together. I shared mine on to my “pretentious music fan” WhatsApp group and am still widely known as the “poodle rock” fan 😆

Still can’t get this on Spotify though 😭

Nia Archives deserves her Mercury nomination. I really hope she wins it - she would be the first dnb act to win since Roni Size back in the mid 90s. I love how she’s young and her music is fresh and exciting while also giving a massive nod to the old school jungle sound  - quite a contrast to a lot of the new stuff out there, most of which is throwaway garbage. 

She’s an awesome singer and lyricist too: I feel so lonely in crowded rooms and I don’t like how sober feels both struck a chord with me. Can’t wait to see her at Brixton academy later in the year 

heres her remix of that Fred again track for the uninitiated 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2024 at 10:56, PaddockLad said:

There’s a new one just put as it happens. @spongebob toonpants too

• Like 1

Just dropped Miss Fist and her mates off at Leeds festival, the playlist on way down included Fred Again, Fontaines DC, Travis fucking Scott and Rizzle fucking Kicks. :lol:

Tbf to the yoots, the above shite was heavily outnumbered by Prodigy,  Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Sublime, and even Pink Floyd… all their picks. 

Normal service has resumed on the way back now… 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 12:09, spongebob toonpants said:

@PaddockLad

Just got myself tickets for this

should be a good night

Please tell me you’re going dressed as DLT 

• Haha 2