What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I see they’re touring Oz with Mark Arm… I expect you’re going?…

:first:

It's sold out but if you're coming over I can possibly get you a ticket.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sammynb said:

:first:

It's sold out but if you're coming over I can possibly get you a ticket.

Hang on I’ve just got to try to sell one of my 50 something kidneys to afford the flight 😆

• Haha 2

Brian Johnson and Angus Young with their combined age of nearly 150 still quicker than prime Cacapa.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Isegrim said:

IMG_2841.jpeg

The Germans are such a helpful people, that person in front showing all around them where the big screen is. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Brian Johnson and Angus Young with their combined age of nearly 150 still quicker than prime Cacapa.

Saw them at Wembley. I was stunned how good they still sound. It was fucking amazing. Half a bottle of Johnny Walker red helped I think but still.. 

• Haha 2

Driving back north early this morning, I’d put “create a station” on Decollage by Thievery Corporation. 

About an hour later, it played this absolute gem…

Mag-bliddy-nificent :lol:

Stuck the whole album on, which is mint, here’s a couple of examples. 

( these are on the deluxe version, which has extra tracks- top notch :lol: ). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going to see these later in year, my current obsession (thats not the name of the band)

On 11/07/2024 at 10:20, PaddockLad said:

Hang on I’ve just got to try to sell one of my 50 something kidneys to afford the flight 😆

And I thought I was a miserly bastard. You've got more than 50 kidneys but would only consider parting with one of them? 

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Current events make this one more relevant than ever. I've mentioned these guys before, dunno if I mentioned that those Proud Boys pricks tried to hijack this tune for their cause, too fucking thick to realise it was an anti-fascist song. Which should have been quite obvious to them with lyrics like:

"Fascist Bob needs his head kicked in, 'cause punching Nazis is not a sin. If you catch him, see it, say it, sort it. And if you pregnant by Bob......

Abort it".

• Haha 2

I'll sound a dick here even though I can appreciate that's a great faux-live performance, but anytime I hear heaven 17 or the Human League I get weird flashbacks to sobering up at Karaoke in Intermezzo at some point during a works night out a few decades ago and wishing that Renfrew St had been closer to the river Clyde.

• Haha 3

currently painting the kitchen ceiling listening to richard hawley's lady's bridge album.

fucking masterpiece with the three middle tracks in particular, dark road, the sea calls and lady's bridge absolutely tremendous song writing.  :)

33 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

richard hawley's lady's bridge album

Inspired by this apparently…

…which was Fist Jnr’s favourite song when he was about 4. 

• Haha 1