What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t mind Steely Dan tbh, a late friend from Glasgow who played in various bands contemporary with Midge Ure & Jim Kerr in the 70s loved them and put me on to them but I wouldn’t go and and actually buy anything they’ve done tbh :cuppa: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyway, to get away from the upper end of “YACHT ROCK” am listening to this :) 

I can imagine Bad Religion doing their best Suggsy to Rick with a silent P, if they knew you listened to yacht rock - you want to hum a few bars and I'm smash your face in.

BR are touring here with Social Distortion later this month.

Edited by sammynb

I’ve got a rural run today, so I put So Tough by St. Etienne on. 
When it was done I’ve got the “infinite play” button selected so it plays “similar” tracks and artists. 

Brought up a track by Everything But the Girl from Idlewild, one of their albums before they became all cool and remixey and that. 

It reminded me of two things;

1- Before their reinvention as hep cats, they were absolute cheesemongers. 

2- They were, and this album in particular, the favourite band of a lass I went out with when I was 20-21. 
She was very pretty, an amazing singer, had terrible taste in music but was off-the-charts filth. :lol:
Could suck a golf ball through a syringe, and swallow it. 
Indoors, outdoors, front doors, back doors, utter tramp. 

I even drew the line once when she wanted to try a reciprocal “Chuck Berry”:lol:

Possibly my most bizarre “intimate experience” was getting a strangle-wank whilst this played in the background at her gaff …

Anyway, only lasted 6months, because, as is often the case with the proper filthy ones, she was also batshit insane. :lol:

I fucked off to France and she went on a World Tour … to Amsterdam. :lol:

• Haha 4

On 10/02/2023 at 22:15, Monkeys Fist said:

Possibly my most bizarre “intimate experience” was getting a strangle-wank whilst this played in the background at her gaff …

Anyway, only lasted 6months, because, as is often the case with the proper filthy ones, she was also batshit insane. :lol:

Don't know what your problem is Gazza, insanity is only a state of mind and that first EBTG album along with Tracey Thorn's solo album before EBTG are both class and great soundtracks for the dance of the two headed beast!

Bet you've looked her up on FB since?!?? :spinwank:

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As if that isn’t bad enough, Sammy, the realisation that this Stone Cold Classic is 30 years old might just finish you. 

:rip:

I somehow believed they were called Chaka Demus and Piles, and always wondered my someone would name themselves after an arse swelling :huh:

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As if that isn’t bad enough, Sammy, the realisation that this Stone Cold Classic is 30 years old might just finish you. 

:rip:

Mmm, I tink RobinRobin might argue the actual classic in that song, is a bit more than 30 years old, not that I'd know cause I'm only in my 50s, like you Gazza!

12 hours ago, Sonatine said:

I somehow believed they were called Chaka Demus and Piles, and always wondered my someone would name themselves after an arse swelling :huh:

At least piles only makes one orifice bleed, that abombination of a song and clip made my eyes and ears weep tears of blood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2