What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

3hrs 15mns worth of prog rock. Really impressive effort from my mates band, Gandalfs Fist. Kind of like Pink Floyd vs Iron Maiden vs War of the Worlds.

Their best work by a mile. (Also available on Spotify)

I'd like to listen to the new Radiohead track - burn the witch. But i'm sitting with the bairn till he nods of so I have to remain completely silent.

Never got as much listening from either of the last 2 albums as the previous 3 or 4, so hoping the hiatus produced something that gets it's claws into me more.

I like it.

Not sure about some of the violin. Love the main rhythm of them and the electronic hum, but the single violin over the bridge, seems a bit... Vervey. But otherwise, champion.

James Blake's new album The colour in anything.

What do you think? Could do with some trimming IMO but it's better moments are lush.

Kyle Craft's Dolls of Highland is well recommended if you want a fairly classic singer songwriter sound with an updated edge. Bit like the mint Ezra Furman album from last year.

What do you think? Could do with some trimming IMO but it's better moments are lush.

The Bon Iver track is class. It's a beautifully crafted album, going to take a few more listens but it sounds like one of the year's better efforts so far.

@@PaddockLad etc the new Kevin Morby album, Singing Saw is definitely worth a listen. As an indie-rock ish sort of album it's a stand out for the year too. If you like that sort of thing anyway.