What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

They were playing some of Adele's new album on the radio today (Heart, it's on at work) and I genuinely thought they had just played the same song 4 times but turns out they were all different. Slow, poorly written piano ballads that she shouts her way through. I suppose that formula has made her plenty of money so why change?

Still working through 2015's weekly releases on top of digging back into some mid 90s albums.

"II" by Fuzz is an excellent garage rock album; it features Ty Segall so it's overly long since his quality control is abysmal but it features some great Thin Lizzy style harmonised guitar parts dumped right into these lo-fi garage songs. It works really well.

"Return to the Moon" by EL VY is well recommended if you like The National. The rhythm section reminds me of Spoon and there's some very well written tracks.

The new Jamie Woon needed time to grow on me but it's an excellent album to put on at about 1am and drop off to. His sound is basically the same but it's more accomplished with more consistently strong hooks.

I enjoyed the new Hot Chip in parts too but they're such an inconsistent album band, for me. I'd love to see a Hot Chip compilation released when they split up with the very best stuff. That'd make a great 2 disc compilation.

Also, I quite like the two new Little Mix singles I've heard :lol:

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I was more interested in seeing public enemy last night but in the end enjoyed prodigy more. Both class, but I've been up front for PE before, only previously seen prodigy from the back. Being up front in the circle pits that were persistent through the full 90 minutes was great fun, like nothing I've been in before. Flew by in what seemed like half an hour and atmosphere seemed to be the same a long way back and up the sides, even with all the back seats empty. Aching all over today though.

Smack my bitch up.