What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Kanye West

Had a few listens now and West is more of a mong than ever.

Rapping "I am a god, so hurry up with my damn massage, in a French ass restaurant, hurry up with my damn croissants!"

For the bloke who went on telly and lambasted George Bush for not liking black people, he's not averse to rubbing his wealth/power in peoples noses is he.

Even on New Slaves, when he's supposed to be politicising he'll say "there's leaders and there's followers, But I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" or "You know that niggas can't read, Throw 'em some Maybach keys" or "Fuck you and your Hampton house, I'll fuck your Hampton spouse, Came on her Hampton blouse, And in her Hampton mouth"

Criticising the wealth of others while glorifying his own. Criticising the view of blacks as stupid, but only offering cuckolding as any sort of response to that.

Chuck D he ain't.

Some more 2013 albums.

The National's just bored me, even though I recognise that you know what you're getting with The National at this point. Nothing struck me in the same way High Violet did.

The Knife's 'Shaking The Habitual' has been getting all sorts of "challenging" tags but I'm enjoying it first time through as it's how I like my electronic music. It's definitely on the long side though.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control. Well recommended for Sabbath fans (who they're supporting on their tour). Back end of the albums goes a bit psychedelic and incorporates bits of drone and it's all the better for it

Got that Killer Mike and El-P joint on my 'To Listen' list and if half the albums on it are as good as I hope, 2013 will have been tremendous so far.

The Incredible Sting Band. Lots of Police songs rearranged in avant-garde style as the man himself sits and brings himself to tantric climax. **/*****

this album is from 1967; 10 years before The Police formed.

you're confused