What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Been listening to the new Sabbath album for the last couple of days - at first I thought they were trying a bit too hard to recapture the very early sound but I'm now warming to it more.

Does anyone actually click the links people put up? :lol:

Music is completely subjective, you like what you like, I've zero loyalty to any artist at all, they'll all make complete dogshit music at some point.

I do hope so, I go to great lengths to track down gems like this:

I'm 'on it like a bonnet', Meenz!

:D

(Alternatively, I'm listening to 'Ice Blink' by the Cocteau twins and might listen later).

;)

I click on any links HF puts up as he has nice taste in music.

B)

This week I've praised Mumford and Sons and been to see Joe Satriani and Bon Jovi live. Not doing your cred any good hailing my taste ;)

I'll give just about anything a listen that's hoyed up and I've not heard before though....and tend to follow up on them if it's any good. Found quite a bit from you and the other music buffs on here. On this note, All Songs Considered just included Disclosure in their "best of the year so far" show, as recommended by your good self...

Great stuff.

Its gone straight to classic, the run of 7 belters (seven!) for the first half of that album is one of the most consistent runs on an album i've heard for a while. The second half isnt bad either.

Still waiting to sit down with the new Boards of Canada (and waiting for Tooj's review!). I had a listen through that Jon Hopkins album thats been getting decent reviews. Opening track on that is excellent. I've been rather taken by a track off the new Baths album called Ironworks (the track not the album).

If you want more underground, then the NonPlus+ compilation Think and Change posted above is very 2013. That Four Tet track is one of my favourite's of his for ages.