What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Beethoven Symphony No.3 "Eroica" - Otto Klemperer

One of his, the very best symphonies I've ever heard. Interspaced between watching Sharapova glide around the court I'm afraid I've lost some the finer points I was going to make, about the symphony. Endless invention, this symphony has tunes coming out it's ears. It's hugely satisfying on almost every level. Written to commemorate Napolean's great revoltionary triumph. Beethoven is a master of the form and even with six to go this mastery was in full bloom here. If anyone asked you why Beethoven was a genius and you only had this in your hand you'd be well in luck since this piece evinces brilliance from every pore. I think it might be even better than Mozart's Jupiter Symphony. Ok, not better but you know I'm all excited and it's at least as good.

Fields - Song For The Fields,

Sisters

Heretic (Live)

Their debut single is out this week on vinyl (on their own label, Black Lab) , with an EP slated for June. They reckon they have enough material for an album after only 6 months. They've got some freebie downloads on their myspace page. I think they're on under "songforthefields"

Morrisey - Ringleader of the Tormentors

Morrisey's new album is canny good. I'm not a huge fan of his or The Smiths, I enjoy some of their stuff, but after one listen I'd recommend this one.

I particularly liked I Will See You In Far Off Places - "If your God bestows protection upon you, and if the USA doesn't bomb you"

Wish I'd got tickets for the Sage now :lol:

Art Brut - Emily Kane

It's a shame Art Brut haven't had the label money behind them that the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Rakes, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party et al have had. I think Bang Bang Rock and Roll is a better album than any of those lot managed.

Just for the lover of all things ginner (Hi toonraider) -

Queens of the stone age - songs for the deaf.

Then the anti ginna -

And you will know us by the trail of dead - Source tags & codes

Paul Weller - As Is Now

Only just got round to listening to it properly, and really impressed. :)

Also,

Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson & Waylon Jennings - The Highwaymen 3 Disc Box Set

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness