New series of Extras

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extras was excellent as ever, with some great stuff from "Cheggers" who did a great job!

Enjoyed Mitchell and Webb as well, some really good stuff in there, i like Mock the week too, and as somebody said Frankie Boyle is always good value on that.

Throw in Dragon's Den which is always entertaining and its an unusually good nights TV!

Mock the week was cringeworthy. Even Dennis and Boyle looked embarrassed to be there.

Yashere managed to be more lamentable than the excitable child they had inexplicably allowed on set. At least when Clive Anderson realised he had nowt to say, he just kept his mouth shut.

Mitchell and Webb either hit the bullseye or missed the board completely.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

Watched this last night. It was quality. Cheggers was class - the bit about "queers". :lol:

Oddly enough, I had that exact same conversation with a colleague once (he was in the Cheggars role - honest). I thought it was good without reaching the brilliance of the Les Dennis one last year.

Extras was excellent as ever, with some great stuff from "Cheggers" who did a great job!

Enjoyed Mitchell and Webb as well, some really good stuff in there, i like Mock the week too, and as somebody said Frankie Boyle is always good value on that.

Throw in Dragon's Den which is always entertaining and its an unusually good nights TV!

Thats numberwang!

Lets revolve the board! :lol:

Not a patch on the first one i thought apart from Bowie's song.

Once again though Merchant and Barry are proving to be the star's of the show. :lol:

I thought it was much better than the first. Merchant's scenes are always the best though. The Wind in the Willows bit was hilarious. :good:

Not a patch on the first one i thought apart from Bowie's song.

Once again though Merchant and Barry are proving to be the star's of the show. :D

I thought it was much better than the first. Merchant's scenes are always the best though. The Wind in the Willows bit was hilarious. :good:

'Now which one of you wants to go home with me, and Barry will walk the other one home.' :lol:

David Bowie's song was a comedy scene of legendary proportion. I found breathing difficult.

As you say that scene will go down inhistory along with such classics as the Fawlty German sketch.

The ultimate in humiliation - David Bowie writing and performing a song about what a useless twat you are, and the rest of the bar joining in! :good:

Both Extras and Mitchell & Webb were better than last weeks offerings.

Cracking night for TV: Mythbusters, Dragons Den, Extras, Mitchell & Webb and finish it off with The Sopranos.

Didn't think much of Mitchell and Webb to be honest. I usually wet meself laughing at them pair but didn't find that all that funny. Cryed at mock the week though, Dara O'Briain and Ed Byrne and Frankie Boyle were on great form.

Only seen the second half of extras but I agree the Bowie song was classic (I was actually humming it for the rest of the night!).

The funniest thing I thought though is the fact that on the credits they list the character name as Barry!

Aye, I only caught the end too. That song was hilarious though. Is it Cat Stevens singing on the credits btw?

Only seen the second half of extras but I agree the Bowie song was classic (I was actually humming it for the rest of the night!).

The funniest thing I thought though is the fact that on the credits they list the character name as Barry!

Aye, I only caught the end too. That song was hilarious though. Is it Cat Stevens singing on the credits btw?

it is.

David Bowie's song was a comedy scene of legendary proportion. I found breathing difficult.

As you say that scene will go down inhistory along with such classics as the Fawlty German sketch.

I laughed more at that than I did at the show itself... :good:

it is.

Aye, I thought I'd heard it on 'Harold and Maude' which he did the soundtrack for. Only just saw that for the first quite recently.

Edited by alex