Ian Wright show with fat kids

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

I was gonna watch it, but i was on the Xbox instead!

You would have identified with one of them. he has 4 TVs in his room. One for sky, one for terrestrial, one for his PS2, and another for DVD. Presumably he likes to do all four at once, rather than using scart leads.

You would have identified with one of them. he has 4 TVs in his room. One for sky, one for terrestrial, one for his PS2, and another for DVD. Presumably he likes to do all four at once, rather than using scart leads.

thats mad = 4 tvs in one room?

Crazy

Guest Patrokles

Crazy

Yeah, it was pretty mental. Like, why not just watch terrestrial on the sky one? The other ones I could understand, at a push, but that one BOGGLED MY BRAINS.

Crazy

Parents should be sterilised before they can ruin any other children.

Crazy

Parents should be sterilised before they can ruin any other children.

People who want to have children should be vetted on their suitability in the same way that people are assessed who want to adopt or foster chuldren imo.

Yes i know that probably is a shocking thought i have, but i see so many scum having kids who grow up to be just like their parents that it sickens me ;)

Didn't watch it, on the basis Ian Wright is probably the biggest twat on the earth. Hopefully one of the kids will eat him.

Pretty much the same reason I didn't watch it. Serious subject like, shame that Channel 4 picked BBC Sports court jester to front it.

Guest Patrokles

I think having Wright do it was a good choice, because it makes things a lot more interesting. For example, the man believes so strongly in doing it how he was doing it that he couldn't see what was wrong, etc. & he wasn't used to other people not being as into sport as him.

What's the concept of the show like? Is he just having words with fat kids telling them to get off their lazy arses and do something?

That just reminded me of a lat at school actually. Big fat kid called Hendy whose dad committed suicide not long after we started senior school. Weird business. Imagine doing that when you've got two young kids.

What's the concept of the show like? Is he just having words with fat kids telling them to get off their lazy arses and do something?

That just reminded me of a lat at school actually. Big fat kid called Hendy whose dad committed suicide not long after we started senior school. Weird business. Imagine doing that when you've got two young kids.

Another thread veers off course..........

We can keep it on topic if you want to discuss your weight problems, fatso. :lol:

We can keep it on topic if you want to discuss your weight problems, fatso. :icon_lol:

<_<

I asked for that.

Veer away. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Well, he took 8 kids and tried to get them doing sport (at least 5 hours a week) so that they don't die from being fat. The basis of it is an after-school club for 2 hours. As I said earlier, it's interesting mainly because of the relationship between Wright and the kids/parents, and the fact that Wright thought it'd just be a walk in the park to take 8 kids who didn't give a shit about sport and make them want to do it suddenly. You should give it a watch next week, apparently the kids (led me a really terrible smarmy trombone player who I hate. I especially hate his mother. They both have the awful toffy lisping voices) just start ripping the piss out of Wright, and he can't deal with it.

I watched it and it was canny. It's a shame that some of their parents seem to believe that they have no responsibility to their children whatsoever and completely wash their hands of the fact that their kids are morbidly obese - coming up with excuses/not joining in with activitites and just generally excusing the fact that they've let their kids eat absolute shite for years without a second thought for their health. Most of them were fat, lazy bastards aswell, so it's no wonder the kids were a mess.

Sounds like the Gervais podcast. The bit where Karl talks about the fat kid with the frisbee and how he thinks the kid is making an effort to do some exercise.......then he gets close and sees he's using it as a plate to hold his Maltesers. :lol:

The obesity thing is getting out of hand in this country now mainly because of some truly useless parents who if they were starving their kids as badly as they overfeed them would be done for child abuse.

Throw in our current culture of blame everybody but yourself and that nothing is your fault and you need do fuck all about it that requires any effort and there's a big problem.

With apologies to the 1% of fat people who genuinely have a genetic, medical or other valid reason for being overweight that is beyond their control the rest are entirely to blame themselves (or parents when it's kids who are obese).

The simple fact is anyone who eats less, eats healthy and who excercises well and often will lose weight. But that requires effort, will power and discipline and so its better to make up a load of bollocks as to why you're obese and do nothing.

I never excercise and my diet is appalling as it has been for years and finally i've started putting on a little bit of weight, its my fault and nobody elses and so i'm doing a very small amount of excercise to balance things out a bit!