The Keegan Era: Will we ever see it's like again?

indigo

Is a repeat of the Keegan era still possible?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest, Arsenal under Wenger have played better football on a more consistent basis. The only reason they are/were arguably less exciting is that they don't have/haven't had the tendency to implode under pressure.

And I have very few fond memories of us chucking the league away ;)

Spot on. I'm sure part of the attraction of Keegan's team to the neutral was the fact that we were unpredictable, and could be turned over by anyone away, unlike Arsenal at their peak.

To be honest, Arsenal under Wenger have played better football on a more consistent basis. The only reason they are/were arguably less exciting is that they don't have/haven't had the tendency to implode under pressure.

And I have very few fond memories of us chucking the league away :lol:

You're right about Arsenal not imploding meaning from the neutral point of view its maybe less exciting. But lead by the media and their regular arsenal jizzfests, even toon fans seem to forget quite how brilliant the football played under Keegan at our peak was. That football was as good as anything arsenal or anyone else has produced to watch, it just didn't match up to these other teams in terms of success and trophies won.

I'd rather watch the Keegan team than anything i've seen before or since for entertainment, i'd rather we'd been slightly less entertaining and won something overall though.

• 1 year later...
i don't think we'll see that kind of buzz and optimism around the place again until we get rid of the board.

we need a takeover and a fresh start from the top down to get the feel good factor back.

Never had you down as a bit of a Nostradamus Dan.... :lol:

As for the question in the title... Maybe we just might :lol: