Best Album 2006?

Happy Face

Christ I'm dangerously out of touch. I always seem to get albums waaay after they've been released to the extent that half of my albums I bought this year came out in 2005.

I'll be immensely unoriginal and say Muse, although Kasabian, Liam Frost and The Sleepy Jackson have all had a fair bit of a play.

Disappointed by The Long Blondes, while quirky fun awards to Squarepusher and CSS.

That article on 'unintentionally funny' albums is unintentionally wrong. Do they really think Dragonforce take themselves seriously? Dear Lord. They're just having fun and putting together some of the fastest solos in the Wild West.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonforce know they're incredibly cheesy. No one who writes videogame influenced metal and songs about dragons that follow the pattern of a nursery rhyme, takes themselves seriously. Good band though, if repetitive. Saw them not long ago.

Still it makes the bloke feel smug and superior, as if he's some great musical font of knowledge, so he'll be sitting back happy with himself. The fact that he's completely missed the point that the group aren't serious, and know fine well what sort of stuff they're writng will i'm sure have to be explained to him slowly by somebody one day. Also, even if you hate their type of music they are extremely gifted guitarists.

Dragonforce know they're incredibly cheesy. No one who writes videogame influenced metal and songs about dragons that follow the pattern of a nursery rhyme, takes themselves seriously. Good band though, if repetitive. Saw them not long ago.

Still it makes the bloke feel smug and superior, as if he's some great musical font of knowledge, so he'll be sitting back happy with himself. The fact that he's completely missed the point that the group aren't serious, and know fine well what sort of stuff they're writng will i'm sure have to be explained to him slowly by somebody one day. Also, even if you hate their type of music they are extremely gifted guitarists.

Very gifted musicians. Though as I've said repetitive. Some of the musical parts are superb, though some of them lack life I reckon.

Did find this quite funny...

chart.jpg

Well I've finished my list so here's my top 20 albums that most people won't have heard of.

20. Thom Yorke - The Eraser

19. Love Is All - 9 Times That Same Song

18. Serena Maneesh - Serena Maneseeh

17. Figurines - Skeleton

16. M.Ward - Post War

15. Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire

14. Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis

13. Margot & The Nuclear So & So's - The Dust Of Retreat

12. Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped

11. Subtle - For Hero For Fool

10. Califone - Roots & Crowns

9. Peter Bjorn & John - Writers Block

8. Destroyer - Destroyers Rubies

7. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife

6. Islands - Return To The Sea

5. TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain

4. The Hold Steady - Boys & Girls In America

3. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends

2. Jason Collett - Idols Of Excile

1. Yo La Tengo - I'm Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

I buy a canny bit of music but it tends to be older stuff. Not even sure I can remember buying a CD this year that was actually released this year.

gramophone.gif

I buy a canny bit of music but it tends to be older stuff. Not even sure I can remember buying a CD this year that was actually released this year.

gramophone.gif

;) Up yours Grandad [/Withnail and I]

Actually, I have got a cheek like as Im in the process of working out how to transfer my old vinyl to mp3 ;) Think you can get this usb deck thing for £60, or so Im told.

Actually, I have got a cheek like as Im in the process of working out how to transfer my old vinyl to mp3 ;) Think you can get this usb deck thing for £60, or so Im told.

hmmm let me know how you get on as its impossible trying to find a way of downloading some of the stuff Ive got on vinyl.

hmmm let me know how you get on as its impossible trying to find a way of downloading some of the stuff Ive got on vinyl.

This is it

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=fire...1&src_t=wnp