five current facts about you!

Guest Toplass-101

Soy, teriyaki and honey- bit garlic and chilli, slow roast and baste regularly.

It's pretty sweet so a bit lime juice over it at the end balances it up.

You are a true master my friend.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soy, teriyaki and honey- bit garlic and chilli, slow roast and baste regularly.

It's pretty sweet so a bit lime juice over it at the end balances it up.

You are a true master my friend.

謝謝你瘋了

Aye definitely. It's like people who lose their jobs at 65, many of them think they've lost their reason to live and die shortly afterwards, and you find old couples, one goes and the other follows. You have to stay ultra positive especially with cancer. Fucks me off all the money in the world and they can't find a cure ;) it's probably to keep the population down.

Ive spoken to a few people about this and one bloke said its because of the money it generates :lol:

Why has counteracting these negative effects at the level of the individual (i.e., finding a cure) been so difficult? An evolutionary perspective reveals the answer: cancer — even within one person — isn't a single entity. It's a diverse and evolving population of cell lineages. A single tumor, for example, is made up of a variety of cell types, produced as the cells proliferated and incurred different mutations. All of this diversity means that the population of cells could easily include a mutant variety that happens to be resistant to any individual chemotherapy drug we might administer. To make matters even more difficult, treating the patient with that drug creates an environment in which the few resistant cancer cells have a strong selective advantage in comparison to other cells. Over time, those resistant cells will increase in frequency and continue to evolve. It's not surprising then that a simple cure for cancer has yet to be developed: treating even a single type of cancer is a bit like trying to take aim at a whole set of moving targets all at once.

While an evolutionary perspective emphasizes the slim prospects for a discovering a magic-bullet cure for cancer, it also highlights the potential effectiveness of several treatment strategies, some currently in use and some still in development.

Basically a tumour is a software bug, the more complicated the bug in the software the more difficult it is to stop. Each tumour can be caused by multiple bugs and so when the grow, they get different quantities of cells with different software infections. As you succeed against the easy to detect bugs in the software, the other bugs become more powerful as they take over more of the host hardware.

The company that discovers the cure for this will be 20 times the size of Apple within the year.

1. I'm drinking a generous hot toddy...

2. ...and eating prawns...

3. ...while looking through photos from last weekend in Vilnius. Cracking city and cheap as chips. :lol:

4. I actually laughed out loud (once) at an episode of Outnumbered just now.

5. I've just ordered a new netbook after heroically falling asleep and spilling Coke into my old one.

1. I'm drinking a generous hot toddy...

2. ...and eating prawns...

3. ...while looking through photos from last weekend in Vilnius. Cracking city and cheap as chips. :lol:

4. I actually laughed out loud (once) at an episode of Outnumbered just now.

5. I've just ordered a new netbook after heroically falling asleep and spilling Coke into my old one.

It gave you the prawns?

Aye definitely. It's like people who lose their jobs at 65, many of them think they've lost their reason to live and die shortly afterwards, and you find old couples, one goes and the other follows. You have to stay ultra positive especially with cancer. Fucks me off all the money in the world and they can't find a cure ;) it's probably to keep the population down.

Ive spoken to a few people about this and one bloke said its because of the money it generates :lol:

Why has counteracting these negative effects at the level of the individual (i.e., finding a cure) been so difficult? An evolutionary perspective reveals the answer: cancer — even within one person — isn't a single entity. It's a diverse and evolving population of cell lineages. A single tumor, for example, is made up of a variety of cell types, produced as the cells proliferated and incurred different mutations. All of this diversity means that the population of cells could easily include a mutant variety that happens to be resistant to any individual chemotherapy drug we might administer. To make matters even more difficult, treating the patient with that drug creates an environment in which the few resistant cancer cells have a strong selective advantage in comparison to other cells. Over time, those resistant cells will increase in frequency and continue to evolve. It's not surprising then that a simple cure for cancer has yet to be developed: treating even a single type of cancer is a bit like trying to take aim at a whole set of moving targets all at once.

While an evolutionary perspective emphasizes the slim prospects for a discovering a magic-bullet cure for cancer, it also highlights the potential effectiveness of several treatment strategies, some currently in use and some still in development.

Basically a tumour is a software bug, the more complicated the bug in the software the more difficult it is to stop. Each tumour can be caused by multiple bugs and so when the grow, they get different quantities of cells with different software infections. As you succeed against the easy to detect bugs in the software, the other bugs become more powerful as they take over more of the host hardware.

The company that discovers the cure for this will be 20 times the size of Apple within the year.

If you get lung cancer that must be like the Skynet bug then. Thank fuck he hasn't got that but bowel cancer in itself is a serious matter. Played his favourite song tonight and I had a few tears :blush: I wouldn't show any emotion in front of him, but fuck it the next five weeks are crucial and he's a big strong cunt like his son, a fighter, this won't be taken lying down. Thanks for simplifying what cancer is, you can read a million manuals but they never really simplify it like that.

Edited by McFaul

1. Feel ill, got a feeling I'll be up during the night vomiting

2. I've just been paid

3. Watching big bang theory

4. Kinding of hoping 1 happens so I get the day off/long weekend

5. Bought fifa the day it came out, still sitting there in its wrapping

I'm just home from a busy nightshift.

The 2 nurses on-call tonight were myself and my little brother.

We do the same job, in the same hospital but I've done it for a lot longer than him.

We went to McDonalds for breakfast on the way home.

This cup of tea is bloody lovely.

I've also just got home from a busy night shift

I have a Dentist appt later :lol:

I'm so pleased the weather has cooled down!

I'm about to have weetabix with hot milk, drizzled with golden syrup.

I feel all nostalgic after reading an old thread on here

Fucking about at work because I sorted most of today's work out yesterday

Kind of wish I'd left some because I'm bored shitless

Had a bacon sandwich earlier and it's repeating something awful

Off to the pub tonight, on a Friday night and everything

Off to Hull tomorrow for a house warming party...

Fucking about at work because I sorted most of today's work out yesterday

Kind of wish I'd left some because I'm bored shitless

Had a bacon sandwich earlier and it's repeating something awful

Off to the pub tonight, on a Friday night and everything

Off to Hull tomorrow for a house warming party...

;)

As for the last 2, good on yer :lol:

Psst Leazes, :lol: I'm out most nights of the week, the reason you can't tell is that is don't cone on here dribbling like a lunatic, unlike some other people...

just done 4hours overtime as friday is not a work day :lol:

off to bed for an hour

been constantly getting ribbed because im the only toon fan all good banter though

still feeling dodgy after my stella last night.

i should really trim my armpit hair looks like i got a hamster in a headlock.

Psst Leazes, :blush: I'm out most nights of the week, the reason you can't tell is that is don't cone on here dribbling like a lunatic , unlike some other people...

:lol:

I don't drink in the mornings though....

PS....and I'm not on here so much at nights these days, and I'm not drunk, and I can and do easily get up in the mornings..... ;)

Psst Leazes, :blush: I'm out most nights of the week, the reason you can't tell is that is don't cone on here dribbling like a lunatic , unlike some other people...

PS....and I'm not on here so much at nights these days, and I'm not drunk, and I can and do easily get up in the mornings..... ;)

Sure, sure, whatever you say drunky.

i'm at home, looking after the bairn for the whole day for the first time

not really sure what to do

he seems happy enough but we've both got colds

shame i can't offer him a halls soother really but he's only got two teeth so far, probably wouldn't be appropriate

just watched him turn 180 degrees on his playmat but he's still to find first gear or reverse

I know cancer charities make multiple, multiple times more cash than any other charities in the world yet we never seem to be any further forward with cures

Just read through this thread, sorry to hear about your situation, Stevie, mate. Cancer is fucking awful to, say the least, for everyone involved; my parents lost a friend through it recently.

Cheers kidda. Just got to keep smiling. The way I look at it is it's Germany v England at pens, Waddle and Pearce have agreed to do a comeback for the pens, and me fatha is Germany, that's his chances, and that's the analogy I give him, and I said I bet you wish you had enough hair to have a mullet though.

Psst Leazes, :icon_lol: I'm out most nights of the week, the reason you can't tell is that is don't cone on here dribbling like a lunatic , unlike some other people...

;)

PS....and I'm not on here so much at nights these days, and I'm not drunk, and I can and do easily get up in the mornings..... :blush:

Sure, sure, whatever you say drunky.

i reckon you must have been pretty pissed yourself the other week when you passed up the chance with that woman you told us about :lol:

Just read through this thread, sorry to hear about your situation, Stevie, mate. Cancer is fucking awful to, say the least, for everyone involved; my parents lost a friend through it recently.

Cheers kidda. Just got to keep smiling. The way I look at it is it's Germany v England at pens, Waddle and Pearce have agreed to do a comeback for the pens, and me fatha is Germany, that's his chances, and that's the analogy I give him, and I said I bet you wish you had enough hair to have a mullet though.

i reckon you must have been pretty pissed yourself the other week when you passed up the chance with that woman you told us about :lol:

Too far the wrong way on the Hot/Crazy scale marra