Best weekend ever.....

sophie

thats bullshit. it has a bad reputation, but thats because the Dublin media dont give a fuck about anywhere outside of Dublin. Limerick is a great place. Loads of pub and eligible men and women

140780[/snapback]

It's a big one, like.

Are the eligible men in want of a wife?

To be honest, I think they're both shit-holes, regardless of the media.

Edited by DotBum

Glasgow's 'stab city' tbh. I still like the place though.

140782[/snapback]

I've only been once and it was naaaaasty! Going to Edinburgh for a hen weekend next Saturday. Anyone been?

Edited by catmag

thats bullshit. it has a bad reputation, but thats because the Dublin media dont give a fuck about anywhere outside of Dublin. Limerick is a great place. Loads of pub and eligible men and women

140780[/snapback]

Are the eligible men in want of a wife?

To be honest, I think they're both shit-holes, regardless of the media.

140789[/snapback]

It's a truth universally acknowledged tbs tbs

My mates dad's from Limerick and he hasnt been back in forty years so it cant be that great. Swore never to return after they tore the Jimmy Cricket statue down to stick the Wogan statue up.

140786[/snapback]

;)

C'm here...dere's more.

Guest alex

140782[/snapback]

I've only been once and it was naaaaasty! Going to Edinburgh for a hen weekend next Saturday. Anyone been?

140790[/snapback]

Aye, it's nice if a little stuck up. Haven't really been out on the piss on a night time though.

140782[/snapback]

140790[/snapback]

I'm supposed to be going for a stag do. If the groom ever picks a date and decides on the hotel. Heard conflicting things. I heard the Grassmarket was charver city then someone else told me it wasn't.

Guest alex
I quite liked Glasgow as well, went to see us take on Celtic. A little rough on the outskirts, but a canny piss up.

140798[/snapback]

Was talking to a copper from Glasgow when I was up in Mull. He works in Hertfordshire now but he was telling me that there are so many young men that get stabbed that it's the most common form of death for men under-45 (-ish) and that they've taken to issuing public health warnings about it. Also, Strathclyde has the highest murder rate in Western Europe.

I quite liked Glasgow as well, went to see us take on Celtic. A little rough on the outskirts, but a canny piss up.

140798[/snapback]

Was talking to a copper from Glasgow when I was up in Mull. He works in Hertfordshire now but he was telling me that there are so many young men that get stabbed that it's the most common form of death for men under-45 (-ish) and that they've taken to issuing public health warnings about it. Also, Strathclyde has the highest murder rate in Western Europe.

140801[/snapback]

I'm glad you've told me this AFTER I was quite happily wandering round the East End of Glasgow.

140798[/snapback]

140801[/snapback]

I'm glad you've told me this AFTER I was quite happily wandering round the East End of Glasgow.

140805[/snapback]

My only tip is to avoid the area around the Billy Connelly Statue and Mrs Doubtfire Square in Govan

Going to Edinburgh for a hen weekend next Saturday.  Anyone been?

140790[/snapback]

Aye, love the place to bits. :lol: No particular recommendations though, I doubt you'll be after a weekend of hill-walking, sea life centres and Gothic pubs. ;)

140790[/snapback]

Aye, love the place to bits. :lol: No particular recommendations though, I doubt you'll be after a weekend of hill-walking, sea life centres and Gothic pubs. :lol:

140851[/snapback]

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no. ;)

140790[/snapback]

Aye, love the place to bits. :lol: No particular recommendations though, I doubt you'll be after a weekend of hill-walking, sea life centres and Gothic pubs. ;)

140851[/snapback]

In edinburgh its pretty hard to avoid hill walking, its a city build on several hills. Plenty of nice pubs there, it is expensive though. Personally I prefer glasgow for a night out.

140790[/snapback]

140851[/snapback]

In edinburgh its pretty hard to avoid hill walking, its a city build on several hills. Plenty of nice pubs there, it is expensive though. Personally I prefer glasgow for a night out.

140856[/snapback]

Last time I was out in Edinburgh when I was drinking I was paying about £4.20 for a vodka.

140790[/snapback]

Aye, love the place to bits. :lol: No particular recommendations though, I doubt you'll be after a weekend of hill-walking, sea life centres and Gothic pubs. :lol:

140851[/snapback]

140856[/snapback]

Last time I was out in Edinburgh when I was drinking I was paying about £4.20 for a vodka.

140863[/snapback]

*Makes a mental note to take a decent size handbag that will fit a bottle of 'water' in * ;)

Guest alex

140790[/snapback]

140851[/snapback]

140856[/snapback]

140863[/snapback]

*Makes a mental note to take a decent size handbag that will fit a bottle of 'water' in * ;)

140866[/snapback]

My mam does that :lol:

Rose street is ok if you want to play the alphabet game ;) The Grassmarket is canny , there are some "normal" bars in amongst all the trendy shit so you can balance ou the steep prices.

Rose street is ok if you want to play the alphabet game  ;)  The Grassmarket is canny , there are some "normal" bars in amongst all the trendy shit so you can balance ou the steep prices.

140930[/snapback]

When I studied (I use the term loosely) in Edinburgh (in days gone by) we used to take Thursday afternoons off (our money came through on Thursdays) to go on the piss in The Pub, Rose Street.

Jings........I'll leave it there.

housemate went to see the munster game, phoned from the players area (a tent I'm guessing) after the game, pissed as a mother fucker and giggling cos she was sitting on some egg chasers lap.

I reminded her that it was fucking egg chasing and as such winning the European championship in rugby is just another example of how you can be a winner and a loser at the same time.

Guest alex
Is it a bit like winning the 'World Series' in Baseball?

141018[/snapback]

There are teams in two different countries.