Third Test

Guest alex

That could prove very costly drawing from that position in terms of their and our confidence, i can't take watching any more of these tests the way they're finishing!!!

Hopefully we can forget the ending and remember how we outplayed them for so long.

Yet another amazing effort from both team

12574[/snapback]

What could prove more costly is that if the series is drawn the Aussies retain the Ashes as holders.

Cue 'Convicts get out of jail' headlines.

12586[/snapback]

That is a danger, that we draw the series and they retain them. Hrd to be critical of England after that though, we outplayed them almost all the test and lost a day to the rain, so if we just fell short at the end you have to say well done to both sides for yet another titanic battle.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a test match! I said earlier I was glad I was in Spain as I didn't think I could cope with the match at Edgbaston - today proved me right as it nearly killed me! The premiership and its overpaid whinging twats can go stick a cricket stump up their arses.

What we can take from is this is that when was the last time you saw an Australian team so delighted to cling on to a draw? Particularly against us?

The Ashes are ours for the taking.

I'm still delighted. If someone had told me we'd be 1 apiece after 3 tests, playing the better cricket, and seeing an Aussie team who 3 weeks ago were telling us it was going to be a whitewash celebrating like they've won the whole thing I would ask for a pint of what you're drinking.

Well i stayed up till the wee hours in the morning (again) 2am, which turned into 3am in the end to watch that! Amazing stuff really.

Full credit to England they were on top of us everyday basically and probably should of won. Also unlucky with weather conditions but full credit to the Aussies who did something that i didnt think we could do and we havent been able to do all series and bat for a full days play.

To Ponting, what can i say! I doubted your form after a very lean series so far but that was truely a captains knock, which held our innings together when we looked like utter diahorra. To play so cooly towards the end of the innings, under pressure and all to push the singles to remain on strike and not do anything stupid. I bow down to you, now wheres that smiley!

To Lee and McGrath, well i didnt think McGrath could survive 4 overs but they did well. Albeit i think there could of been trouble if Jones could of kept bowling at least! McGrath did what he had to do and when he was walking off raising his bat to the crowd like he had made a century made me laugh. What a champion!

The English bowlers tortured us throughout this test and Flintoff, well what can i say but he is better then that Harmison bloke thats for sure! I want Flintoff playing for WA! England can take a lot from this test but i hope they dont take too much. Australia can take a bit aswell but there needs to be some work done on our batting performance especially the top order.

Well done England and Australia for putting on such a great match, again!

To Trent Bridge we go and a much needed rest and an early nights sleep!