MattM4

Guest CrimsonFault

Guest CrimsonFault
Now that was weird, seeing the title of this thread.

118246[/snapback]

Ameobi's canny goalscoring streak is more unusual TBH.

118246[/snapback]

118250[/snapback]

I'm not gonna deny that. Someone must have taken over his body.

Not to worry, this will increase his rep' so we can offload him in the summer with much more ease.

Guest CrimsonFault

118246[/snapback]

118250[/snapback]

Not to worry, this will increase his rep' so we can offload him in the summer with much more ease.

118252[/snapback]

Shola, Bellamy & Owen up front next season.

Magic.

118246[/snapback]

118250[/snapback]

118252[/snapback]

Shola, Bellamy & Owen up front next season.

Magic.

118266[/snapback]

I'm with you on the Bellamy case!

However if Shola is still here poncing about next season I'll be gutted... send him out on loan throw him away for free whatever...

The problem with his current change of form ... is that it will probably save him for a little longer, maybe a whole extra season! A bit like what kept happening with Souness, one win and he was okay for another 3 weeks. Then we'll come full circle again. I still have high hope he never plays for us again.

:baby:

He had a strange game today. He blazed a chance way over the bar and showed a complete lack of composure early on. He was then denied a blatant penalty by the incompetent Alan Wiley who produced one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen. Indeed, it was that bad it ranked up there with Trelford Mills! Ameobi then notched our second - he tucked the ball away right into the bottom corner even though he seemed to scuff his shot.

Just comparing Ameobi's goalscoring record this season with the main contenders for the England squad (not including Rooney & Owen).

Darren Bent = 31 games, 16 goals. (0.52 goals per game)

James Beattie = 28 games, 10 goals. (0.35 goals per game)

Shola Ameobi = 26 games, 7 goals. (0.27 goals per game)

Jermain Defoe = 31 games, 8 goals. (0.26 goals per game)

Peter Crouch = 30 games, 6 goals. (0.2 goals per game)

Just comparing Ameobi's goalscoring record this season with the main contenders for the England squad (not including Rooney & Owen).

Darren Bent = 31 games, 16 goals. (0.52 goals per game)

James Beattie = 28 games, 10 goals. (0.35 goals per game)

Shola Ameobi = 26 games, 7 goals. (0.27 goals per game)

Jermain Defoe = 31 games, 8 goals. (0.26 goals per game)

Peter Crouch = 30 games, 6 goals. (0.2 goals per game)

118397[/snapback]

Just goes to show how crap english forwards are :D

As long as he's not part of our first choice strike pairing, I'm happy to have him in the squad next season.

Nowhere near as bad as some people make out, just looks clumsy and does stupid things that get on your nerves when you're watching him on your team.

What gets me is how the first couple of months of the season is bollocks. I wonder what people would have been saying had we been 10 games into the season, 4th top in the league and Ameobi had scored 5 in those 10 games. When Man City did a similar thing in August-October, the media were creaming themselves over Andy Cole & Stuart Pearce, but just because ours happens mid-season, nowt is said.

He had a strange game today. He blazed a chance way over the bar and showed a complete lack of composure early on. He was then denied a blatant penalty by the incompetent Alan Wiley who produced one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen. Indeed, it was that bad it ranked up there with Trelford Mills! Ameobi then notched our second - he tucked the ball away right into the bottom corner even though he seemed to scuff his shot.

118282[/snapback]

Although I don't think Shola is good enough, if nothing else, he scored one and made one yesterday which is a all you want from your forwards. With regard to the chances he missed, at least he's getting into positions to miss chances, unlike Shearer who, quite frankly, doesn't look like scoring from open play in the league these days.

Will be interesting who the manager picks in the last two games when Owen is back. On form, it has to be Ameobi.

119137[/snapback]

It'll be Shearer.