The National - Office Sweeps

Gemmill

Who've yous got then?

Garvivonnian for me.  No doubt a 500-1 shot.  :lol:

116949[/snapback]

Quite well fancied actually, has a chance.

Hate horse racing - it's bent as fuck and the National in particular is cruel to the horses IMO

Not that I particularly like horses, dimmest animal on the planet (after them ring-necked doves and pheasants)

Edited by Toonpack

Hate horse racing - it's bent as fuck and the National in particular is cruel to the horses IMO

Not that I particularly like horses, dimmest animal on the planet (after them ring-necked doves and pheasants)

116962[/snapback]

I don't enjoy watching the National like. Hate seeing all the horses getting cattled on the frankly ludicrous forests they set up for them to jump over.

But this thread's about office sweeps, so shhhh. :lol:

Daft Bastid in our office printed the form from 2005. On Monday I got number 16 which was 66-1 (last year).

Just this morning realised his mistake and it turns out I've got Clan Royal.

:lol:

Used to be against it and not a fan of the National but I reckon the horses actually have pretty good lives. I remember seeing something about Hedgehunter going on holiday! Mind, the horses (being National Hunt) are geldings so they haven't got the chance of being retired to stud.

116962[/snapback]

I don't enjoy watching the National like. Hate seeing all the horses getting cattled on the frankly ludicrous forests they set up for them to jump over.

116970[/snapback]

OK I'll shut up, I'll rein in my equineophobia

116962[/snapback]

116970[/snapback]

116987[/snapback]

Any "Thank God for the Grand National EH?" posts will see you banned.

116962[/snapback]

116970[/snapback]

116987[/snapback]

Any "Thank God for the Grand National EH?" posts will see you banned.

116991[/snapback]

:lol:

Aye anyway them geldings can't breed so they're not natural and evolution will sort em out and they'll become extinct

Edited by Toonpack

Guest Toplass-101

ill have number 36 (if its running) not got any dosh on it, but ya know, just for a bit of fun

gona be pig sick if it comes in :baby:

John Smith's Grand National Chase (4m 4f)

1. Numbersixvalverde (N P Madden) 11-1

2. Hedgehunter (R Walsh) 5-1 Jt Fav

3. Clan Royal (A P McCoy) 5-1 Jt Fav

4. Nil Desperandum (T P Treacy) 33-1

40 ran

Guest Toplass-101
So how many horses are dead so far ????

117779[/snapback]

None they are all ok :baby:

Ed: 1 is dead ;)

I told Pud thismoringing that I didnt know the name of the horse I fancied as its name was just words stuck together.

I know its name now... Numbersixvalverde

:blush:

Edited by Toplass-101

I had £2.50 each way on Number 6 Valve and two others after a tip off, not bad going I suppose. Since I was a new user I got another £20 to spend on betts, so I just whacked it on some of todays matches. One was the mackems v Fulham and the bugger has been called off.

Snakehips as the race starts: '....a bit of the magic of the race has gone due to the fences being reduced in stature.' My horse June-whatever then falls at the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby:;)

Not to worry, Mrs hips and her mother have money on the winner, after my dad recommended it yesterday:)

So how many horses are dead so far ????

117779[/snapback]

Ed: 1 is dead :baby:

117786[/snapback]

I watched earlier and have a guess- which one tho?