General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

So my Mum has joined this ridiculous band wagon. "We've lost our culture". She can't define things any more than that. When I pressed her she said she doesn't like the food any more, as if she is forced to eat ethnic food. She wants the UK to go back to the great culinary times of the 1950s and post war rationing. She is outraged there is a halal Subway in west Newcastle, despite the fact she would NEVER eat in a fast food restaurant.

I absolutely hate having a racist mum (sounds like a Viz character), I find it really hard to deal with. I visit her every day as she is next door and alone, but just dread the absolute racist shite she comes out with and sometimes have to leave rather than have a shouting match. For the record, she doesn't read any of the usual suspect papers (reads the Observer once a week), doesn't watch GBeebies, and doesn't go online. She just doesn't like black or Asian people and freely admits she is a racist (which troubles her as she knows it conflicts with her christianity). Her mum, my Gran, was an extreme racist and I remember being disgusted even at the age of 10, never liked her. I guess she gets it from her although that's no excuse really is it? 

Anyway, I've told her fine, be a racist, but just don't express your views in front of me or my family. She responds that "she's not allowed to say what she feels" and she is being censored. I mean, believe me, I have a lot of dark thoughts in my head, and let me tell you that's where they are staying! :lol: I gues with age your filters just wear out hence the absolute cack babble some old people come out with. 

My dad's stance has softened in recent years and now he only hates the Muslims which has been heightened ever since he joined facebook.

The mental thing is that he thinks the typical tropes: lazy, benefit frauds, strain on the NHS - Coming from a bloke who spent years bumping the dole until he had a heart attack and has been a strain on the NHS ever since - he cannot see the irony as "he always worked, even if it was cash in hand".

• Haha 3

The BBC asking questions of the Labour MP this morning about "two tier policing". The day after a Sky News reporter asked the Met chief "are you going to end two-tier policing", which not only parrots it but includes the implication that it's happening. 

The news media in this country has got so hooked on clicks and being part of the story that they can't do their jobs properly anymore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

So my Mum has joined this ridiculous band wagon. "We've lost our culture". She can't define things any more than that. When I pressed her she said she doesn't like the food any more, as if she is forced to eat ethnic food. She wants the UK to go back to the great culinary times of the 1950s and post war rationing. She is outraged there is a halal Subway in west Newcastle, despite the fact she would NEVER eat in a fast food restaurant.

I absolutely hate having a racist mum (sounds like a Viz character), I find it really hard to deal with. I visit her every day as she is next door and alone, but just dread the absolute racist shite she comes out with and sometimes have to leave rather than have a shouting match. For the record, she doesn't read any of the usual suspect papers (reads the Observer once a week), doesn't watch GBeebies, and doesn't go online. She just doesn't like black or Asian people and freely admits she is a racist (which troubles her as she knows it conflicts with her christianity). Her mum, my Gran, was an extreme racist and I remember being disgusted even at the age of 10, never liked her. I guess she gets it from her although that's no excuse really is it? 

Anyway, I've told her fine, be a racist, but just don't express your views in front of me or my family. She responds that "she's not allowed to say what she feels" and she is being censored. I mean, believe me, I have a lot of dark thoughts in my head, and let me tell you that's where they are staying! :lol: I gues with age your filters just wear out hence the absolute cack babble some old people come out with. 

Keep reminding her Jesus was a Palestinian 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The BBC asking questions of the Labour MP this morning about "two tier policing". The day after a Sky News reporter asked the Met chief "are you going to end two-tier policing", which not only parrots it but includes the implication that it's happening. 

The news media in this country has got so hooked on clicks and being part of the story that they can't do their jobs properly anymore.

At the start of the rioting the BBC included ‘people with legitimate concerns about immigration’ as being amongst those taking part in one of the reports 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

At the start of the rioting the BBC included ‘people with legitimate concerns about immigration’ as being amongst those taking part in one of the reports 

They were still calling them protestors when they were setting fire to buildings and looting. 

• Like 2

I also think you make a very good and valid point about BBC and SKY news and their collective lack of investigative journalism. Coupled with just looking for the controversial angle. I honestly don’t think it’s that representative of the nation but it’s not a million miles away from parroting the vile stuff you see on social media. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I also think you make a very good and valid point about BBC and SKY news and their collective lack of investigative journalism. Coupled with just looking for the controversial angle. I honestly don’t think it’s that representative of the nation but it’s not a million miles away from parroting the vile stuff you see on social media. 

C4 news is still decent, ITV is better than BBC. 

Investigative journalism is expensive and requires a lot of resourcing. In an age where everybody wants everthing media wise for "free" the BBC are always going to take the easy way out I guess and join the pack. The only decent news program they had, Newsnight, is also being stripped back. Still doesn't excuse some of the absolute lazy tropes they reinforce. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

nah.

you'd be released on bail to an adjourned hearing, remanded will almost certainly be in custody.

not that I'd have a fucking clue about this sort of thing, obviously.

I see the problem :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

She said that they should set fire to the kids in the hotels etc.  Shes a registered fucking childminder man.

Her husband is a Tory MP

Tory councilor

Once you have the type of money musk has the media starts talking about you, wide open eyes, big smile in a 'lets see what Elon Musk is doing' way like he's the fifth Beatle announcing a new album/tour instead of being an obscenely rich cunt getting to dictate news etc because he's obscenely rich, so obscenely rich that they might think calling him 'hardworking' might actually offend him so they'll label him something like 'genius' or whatever. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Musk's daughter has got his number. 

:lol:

Back to the South African thing, a response nails it. Arrogant, entitled prick of a man. Am I fuck ever buying a Tesla like. 

image.png.237cc5a4171ee2ecf7e401766bc2dc4c.png

• Like 3

Musk's daughter has been amazing at taking him to task recently. They've been no contact for a few years since he decided that her being trans was bad for his image and started making all sorts of claims about her.

• Like 5

The most striking thing about Musk is how fucking boring he is when you hear him speak. He's fully bought in to his own genius, so he talks like every pronouncement is coming from a higher being, and when you actually listen to him he's just a really tedious bloke. 

I suspect it's part of what's behind all of his "outrageous" social commentary. Because every time anyone actually meets him they come away struck by just how unimpressive he is, so his more off the wall behaviour is his "I'll show you" bit. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The most striking thing about Musk is how fucking boring he is when you hear him speak. He's fully bought in to his own genius, so he talks like every pronouncement is coming from a higher being, and when you actually listen to him he's just a really tedious bloke. 

I suspect it's part of what's behind all of his "outrageous" social commentary. Because every time anyone actually meets him they come away struck by just how unimpressive he is, so his more off the wall behaviour is his "I'll show you" bit. 

Remember this? What a prick. :lol:

image.png.d516cb02fbd2c08bc73796d015e50b4d.png

davidbrent GIF by britbox

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Master race

A7557329-4A94-40C2-A676-1A0CD968C5E4.jpeg

A boro fan from Sunderland? 

But aye, balaclavaed face and ieasily dentifiable tatoos on show. Fucking brain donor.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Remember this? What a prick. :lol:

image.png.d516cb02fbd2c08bc73796d015e50b4d.png

davidbrent GIF by britbox

That's the first time he came to my attention and I immediately thought, 'what a colossal cunt this bloke must be?' Spoilt, rich cunt used to having his arse licked no doubt.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 17:04, Gemmill said:

Labour just won a landslide so it's not like we're irretrievably fucked. I think there might be a reckoning coming for the big social media companies at some point. 

If they continue to be used to spread misinformation and organise riots, I don't think that can be tolerated. 

This has been my thinking over the past few days as well - in particular X / Twitter. If Musk continues to go head to head with Starmer I can see them threatening to shut down access from within the UK. 

As for Farage - I didn't think my opinion of that airbag could get any worse, but here we are. If he had anything about him, he'd turn up at one of these racist rallies, go out into the middle armed with a loud hailer and demand everyone stand down and go home. But he won't. He'll sit behind his keyboard, or a TV camera at a safe distance continuing to pedal his bullshit rhetoric whilst saying "there's no place for this type of behaviour". Well you caused it, dickhead! 

I'd stick all these mongs, Farage, Anderson, Braverman, etc. included onto the Bibby Stockholm, drag it out into the English Channel and let nature have some fun with them.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Renton said:

For the people who actually set the hotel alight, I would hope (and expect) they will get done for arson, attempted murder, and/or a terrorism related crime. Life. 

They set fire to a bin in the fire exit. So the aim was clearly to prevent people escaping. How is this any different, apart from scale, to locking people in the gas chambers at Auschwitz? 

It's not attempted murder for me, it's attempted genocide. And I agree ... it should be life.

Has it been confirmed if these knackers are due in Newcastle City centre at all? I've heard rumours of tomorrow or Saturday but nothing concrete. I take me old man out a few times a week and need to to know when to avoid the town like.

7 minutes ago, Anth said:

Has it been confirmed if these knackers are due in Newcastle City centre at all? I've heard rumours of tomorrow or Saturday but nothing concrete. I take me old man out a few times a week and need to to know when to avoid the town like.

They're meant to be meeting tomorrow night outside some immigration centre on Westgate Road.