General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

58 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

At the risk of causing some sort of cheesy chips meltdown, has anyone stayed at Seaham Hall, as that looks to be a cut above Matfen and Rockliffe?

I've been to the spa there, which was nice.  But not stayed. 

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

At the risk of causing some sort of cheesy chips meltdown, has anyone stayed at Seaham Hall, as that looks to be a cut above Matfen and Rockliffe?

yeah, i stayed. it's posher than matfen, more on par with rockliffe

20 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

My old coach used to ride track and his Maddison partner was his ex wife and she was always moaning about him being a dick head apparently.

He keeps saying he will tell the truth one day about the jiffy bag etc but he wont.  Blokes got mental health issues and its not a surprise with what happened to him as a bairn like.

Alreet Speedbump? 

Does this place mean anything to you? 
IMG_3038.thumb.jpeg.6fcd1ca078272d9fd645b3ebf4061f7e.jpeg

Im parked opposite it, waiting for some fucking yokel to work out how to open their barrier. :lol:

20 minutes and counting…

I’ve told them after half an hour I’m just going to drive through it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

All I would say about Seaham is that you get quite a few  (slappers is not the right word but it will do) of a certain type who can’t afford to stay but sometimes overrun the spa on a weekend. Also, the field next to it holds the largest car boot fair in the North East every Sunday :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Alreet Speedbump? 

Does this place mean anything to you? 
IMG_3038.thumb.jpeg.6fcd1ca078272d9fd645b3ebf4061f7e.jpeg

Im parked opposite it, waiting for some fucking yokel to work out how to open their barrier. :lol:

20 minutes and counting…

I’ve told them after half an hour I’m just going to drive through it. 

Aye a mate worked for em for years, I used to get some canny gear from there.  They stock a lot of cycle shops for the UK.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

All I would say about Seaham is that you get quite a few  (slappers is not the right word but it will do) of a certain type who can’t afford to stay but sometimes overrun the spa on a weekend. Also, the field next to it holds the largest car boot fair in the North East every Sunday :lol: 

:lol:

I quite like the thought of staying in a 5 star place then wandering out to haggle over 20p.  

• Haha 2

I've not noticed much difference in my limited experience bwtween 5 star and 4 star tbh. 5 star the staff wear silly outfits and are more pompous. Food and drink no difference save the cost. All in all, I prefer 4 star. 

jordan knight premiere GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@Renton

My seagull story :( I was leaving Morrisons during the recent hot spell and had my drivers window open about 10 cms. A seagull managed to shit whilst flying at some weird angle and it landed on my thigh. No shit whatsoever anywhere else on the outside of the car. Precision bombing indeed. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

My seagull story :( I was leaving Morrisons during the recent hot spell and had my drivers window open about 10 cms. A seagull managed to shit whilst flying at some weird angle and it landed on my thigh. No shit whatsoever anywhere else on the outside of the car. Precision bombing indeed. 

Probably the best "caught wanking in Morrisons car park" excuse I've ever heard. 

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've not noticed much difference in my limited experience bwtween 5 star and 4 star tbh. 5 star the staff wear silly outfits and are more pompous. Food and drink no difference save the cost. All in all, I prefer 4 star. 

jordan knight premiere GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

the food and service are usually way better. the spa, gym and pool will generally be a higher standard.

then there's the beds, the linen, the posh free lotions and potions  - all the shite that women love, so you could argue it's worth the extra expense.  

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

the food and service are usually way better. the spa, gym and pool will generally be a higher standard.

then there's the beds, the linen, the posh free lotions and potions  - all the shite that women love, so you could argue it's worth the extra expense.  

Sorry, I forgot you were a Southern popinjay. I mean, better bed linen? Aye, that's worth an extra 200 notes. Spa, gym? I dunno, I'm not using either of those on a short break. Swimming pool maybe. 

It’ll probably come as no surprise to anyone who has met me that I’m not a fan of posh hotels in general. I find the whole experience ridiculous and mildly uncomfortable. I hope that helps, Trophyshy 👍🏻

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’ll probably come as no surprise to anyone who has met me that I’m not a fan of posh hotels in general. I find the whole experience ridiculous and mildly uncomfortable. I hope that helps, Trophyshy 👍🏻

i dislike the awkward moments when you worry about whether you should have tipped some bloke who spent way too long hanging around after showing you how to locate the room's AC and light switches. 

but lets be honest. these weekends are for the wives. there's fuck all chance i'm staying anywhere like this with the lads, but then i don't want to get into their pants at bedtime 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not to mention the other guests being, in general, twats. 

• Haha 2