General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Up until lockdown there was Boomtown near Winchester , not sure if it came back after lockdown. From what I could make out from the err “young people” it was the hardcore cainer’s festival of choice. But that ended in tragedy at least once I think…

it’s still going 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck festivals. Loads of smelly unwashed people, gross bogs. No thank you. 

festivals are fucking brilliant. 

the ones where people don’t bring their kids, I should add.

48 hours of hedonism, off your napper, dancing in a field. If you get lucky with the weather, nothing beats it.  

4 hours ago, Renton said:

B

I reckon he's been watching Train Wreck: Woodstock 99 on Netflix, the Southern ponce (well worth a watch).

I did the PL thing, only a couple of times like. Hitched there and back. You can do that when you're young. When you're not, just stop fooling yourself*. Genuinely looks shit to me now. 

* Actually would consider Lindisfarne festival for the hippy vibes but I'm away then. 

I quite fancied the Lindisfarne festival this year too. Line up is canny and there’s some good local DJs with a bit of a ‘Balearic’ vibe for after dark. But only in one of the ‘glamping’ bell tents. It’s a fucking pain trying to coordinate getting people my age to go though (4 of us that went to school together have discussed going). The other thing is the very real possibility of less than Balearic weather. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

festivals are fucking brilliant. 

the ones where people don’t bring their kids, I should add.

48 hours of hedonism, off your napper, dancing in a field. If you get lucky with the weather, nothing beats it.  

A lad I worked with was a chef and he got the head chef role at Cream Fields a couple of years. Got us VIP tickets. That was mint but managed to fuck off to a nice hotel as no way was I staying in a fucking tent 

54 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A lad I worked with was a chef and he got the head chef role at Cream Fields a couple of years. Got us VIP tickets. That was mint but managed to fuck off to a nice hotel as no way was I staying in a fucking tent 

The head fucking chef at a fucking rave? You fucking what? The game’s gone 

• Haha 3

I went to these 4 back in the day. Less than £30 to see a ton of bands across a full day! Was mint. 

I considered getting tickets for Pearl Jam earlier this year. £160 for a seat in the nosebleeds 🤯

IMG_8057.thumb.jpeg.79bebb39b110ff6b68532dac03e22f73.jpeg

IMG_8055.thumb.jpeg.426af5b12f671394bab12f6c34c4fd86.jpeg

IMG_8054.thumb.png.48752f6b7fcd3db82ea60f5f7da95a4f.png

IMG_1802.jpeg.5d37a3ee58d3450e5ee10c724f422b5b.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I went to these 4 back in the day. Less than £30 to see a ton of bands across a full day! Was mint. 

I considered getting tickets for Pearl Jam earlier this year. £160 for a seat in the nosebleeds 🤯

You're a straight edge metal head? I can't imagine wanting to listen to that music pissed, let alone sobre. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The pricing of gigs now is a fucking joke. I went to see The Boss in Birmingham years ago. It was £30. To see him in Leeds recently it was £160+ fuck that. 

The dynamic ticket pricing needs scrapping. 

A mate has seen Pearl Jam and said they're awesome live. But at that price. Nah. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

The pricing of gigs now is a fucking joke. I went to see The Boss in Birmingham years ago. It was £30. To see him in Leeds recently it was £160+ fuck that. 

The dynamic ticket pricing needs scrapping. 

A mate has seen Pearl Jam and said they're awesome live. But at that price. Nah. 

the price of everything is fucked. Best part of £20 for a packet of snouts these days. You used to get 10 regal king size for a quid from my local corner shop. Or single tabs for 20p. Thank fuck I quit the bastards 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the price of everything is fucked. Best part of £20 for a packet of snouts these days. You used to get 10 regal king size for a quid from my local corner shop. Or single tabs for 20p. Thank fuck I quit the bastards 

They should bang em to £75 the fucking filthy things 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

You're a straight edge metal head? I can't imagine wanting to listen to that music pissed, let alone sobre. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Punk, Metal, Rock. It's all my bag!

Sabbath, AC/DC and Metallica are 3 of the best bands you will ever see live! Was also class to see the Foo Fighters play before the became megastars. The crowd couldn't have been less bothered about them :lol: 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Punk, Metal, Rock. It's all my bag!

Sabbath, AC/DC and Metallica are 3 of the best bands you will ever see live! Was also class to see the Foo Fighters play before the became megastars. The crowd couldn't have been less bothered about them :lol: 

AC/DC are playing Wembley next week. They are amazing live.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Isn't gig pricing the way it is cos artists no longer make any money from record sales? 

That's no excuse for Springsteen, who is and always shall be the boss, he sold all his music rights to Sony for over $500 million in 2021.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Isn't gig pricing the way it is cos artists no longer make any money from record sales? 

Supply and demand. If they were playing to half empty stadiums then they wouldn’t be charging what they are.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2024 at 17:01, Kid Dynamite said:

There’s a lad I went to school with who’s the singer in a pearl jam tribute act. Think it was a couple of years back and they did a gig at the 02 academy in town with a couple of other bands, I think one was a RHCP act, and, iirc, the tickets were £50 :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Confused 1