General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Good news this, I’ve always quite admired Assange… from a distance. 

I imagine in person he’s fucking lifting and an insufferable weapon. 

In a world of insufferable weapons, you'd take him over Musk and the like any day.

Look at how much the world has changed since 2006 (when wikileaks was founded), the lifting insufferable weapons were self rightious whistleblowers; 2024 and they are self serving, right wing supporting uber capitalists.

When/where did it all change? Covid pandemic helped but things were already halfway down the road.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I imagine in person he’s fucking lifting and an insufferable weapon. 

He's a cunt who used his possibly worthy release of classified material to argue political prisoner status to avoid facing sex assault crimes. 

Hope I never hear about him again but like Trump I doubt that will happen. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Your musician acquaintance is an idiot tbh. Marr isn't gonna play any speed limit breaking solos, but he's an incredible writer of guitar tunes.

If only those tunes had someone who could sing behind them.

Waiting in a queue to see an "Apple Genius". :lol:

If they're such geniuses they would sort out their fucking shitty customer service. Acting like they're doing me a favour the massive bell ends. 

• Haha 4

It's an iPhone with a smashed back btw (daughters). Paid for already by my insurance. The piss takers charge 280 quid for this. They got their own appointment time wrong, and now making me fucking wait until a genius becomes spare. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's an iPhone with a smashed back btw (daughters). Paid for already by my insurance. The piss takers charge 280 quid for this. They got their own appointment time wrong, and now making me fucking wait until a genius becomes spare. 

Buy a £10 solid case and put it in that so the smashed back is never seen.

#lifehack

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Waiting in a queue to see an "Apple Genius". :lol:

If they're such geniuses they would sort out their fucking shitty customer service. Acting like they're doing me a favour the massive bell ends. 

Wykiki, is that you ?

• Haha 1

Just been told about a bloke I worked with has passed away a day or so ago after a battle with cancer.  Quiet, top bloke who I really enjoyed working with.

Bah, just hammers home to enjoy your moment on this earth eh?

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Just been told about a bloke I worked with has passed away a day or so ago after a battle with cancer.  Quiet, top bloke who I really enjoyed working with.

Bah, just hammers home to enjoy your moment on this earth eh?

It's just a sign of getting old I'm afraid wykiki.

In answer to your question, most definitely yes. Doesn't stop your own responsibilities and mental frailities getting in the way of doing that though. But aye, just enjoy it as much as you can without fucking over anyone, is the best you can do before the long sleep. 

• Like 4

Aye you're not wrong.

I used to always think about my old man talking about XYZ passing, but, it's just part of life init?

He was so quiet in the office.  Such a great bloke, always helpful.  When my mam passed I reported to him.  I had finished uni and he was superb, so supportive and kind.  We were working on the QE hospital Birmingham at concept stage, so in 2005.  It was a massive project and all hands on deck.  I wanted to be in work, one to take my mind off it and two I didn't want to let anyone down.  He basically made me take a week off and come back in for a chat.  I did and after a day or so realised I needed that time off to process it.

A few years after a group of us went out in Harrogate as a mate had moved there.  Told us about a band on, said they were great.  We went out and we heard the bar was rocking.  Went in and this bloke on lead guitar was sweating like fuck rocking.  Turned out it was this engineer :lol: The quiet reserved guy was a full on mad rocker and nobody knew :lol: 

RIP Paul lad, will have a beer tonight for thee.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The bloke on Radio 2 could have been about 90% of us on here tbf. Fuck that for a laugh 

I was 25 that year. I went most years from about 88 till about 96. Fuckin brilliant back then. I got a free ticket due to a bizarre set of circumstances in 2010. By then they’d put the giant fence round and it was about as cool and edgy as Crufts. It’s weird to see Dua Lipa headlining Friday night. There’s no reason why she shouldn’t btw but it’s very much gone mainstream. The R2 fellah would’ve had a cardiac arrest in 94 :D 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was 25 that year. I went most years from about 88 till about 96. Fuckin brilliant back then. I got a free ticket due to a bizarre set of circumstances in 2010. By then they’d put the giant fence round and it was about as cool and edgy as Crufts. It’s weird to see Dua Lipa headlining Friday night. There’s no reason why she shouldn’t btw but it’s very much gone mainstream. The R2 fellah would’ve had a cardiac arrest in 94 :D 

Wht are the edgy festivals now? All the ones I see promoted seem to be 'family friendly', 'sustainable', etc.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Wht are the edgy festivals now? All the ones I see promoted seem to be 'family friendly', 'sustainable', etc.

Up until lockdown there was Boomtown near Winchester , not sure if it came back after lockdown. From what I could make out from the err “young people” it was the hardcore cainer’s festival of choice. But that ended in tragedy at least once I think…

B

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The bloke on Radio 2 could have been about 90% of us on here tbf. Fuck that for a laugh 

I reckon he's been watching Train Wreck: Woodstock 99 on Netflix, the Southern ponce (well worth a watch).

I did the PL thing, only a couple of times like. Hitched there and back. You can do that when you're young. When you're not, just stop fooling yourself*. Genuinely looks shit to me now. 

* Actually would consider Lindisfarne festival for the hippy vibes but I'm away then. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck festivals. Loads of smelly unwashed people, gross bogs. No thank you. 

Neither of those bother me in the slightest. Take a loperamide so you don't need a shit. Body odour is inevitable at any gig. 

Watching acts from half a mile away on a video screen though, absolutely FUCK that. 

Edited by Renton