General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Was it not dog friendly cinemas? :lol:

That's a thing now, and they'll put the volume on much lower so as not to deafen/terrify them. I'm all for it. 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have you got kids like? I didn’t even know you had a lass

I am quite taciturn. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was it not dog friendly cinemas? :lol:

That's a thing now, and they'll put the volume on much lower so as not to deafen/terrify them. I'm all for it. 

Not really much different to the baby friendly ones except dogs are better 

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Social media is the worst invention humanity has ever created. 

i think Jimmy Carr said that. 

Stuff like this place aside. The algorithm driven shitfest that is Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can get to fuck. 

• Like 1

I’ve just bought me a Onemesh WiFi System which has parental controls built in. You can see what each of the little fuckers has been upto, and when.

Last night my 9 year old was still faffing 1hr after lights out so I locked that bitch down. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve just bought me a Onemesh WiFi System which has parental controls built in. You can see what each of the little fuckers has been upto, and when.

Last night my 9 year old was still faffing 1hr after lights out so I locked that bitch down. 

Didn't they just switch to mobile data?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Didn't they just switch to mobile data?

They don’t have mobile data on their IPads.

im not sure what age I’ll let them have mobile phones. Probably around 18.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

They don’t have mobile data on their IPads.

im not sure what age I’ll let them have mobile phones. Probably around 18.

Not sure when I'll let them have tablets. Eldest only really watches shit when we're on a car journey.

When did you let the kids have the tech?

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Oh dear Roberto

Without wanting to compound your misery on the night your lads just got tae fuck, I’ve got to say this is a strange hill to choose to die on, especially as you’re 100% wrong :lol:

Let’s assume that Crazy In Love was the best track of the 21st C when it was realised in May 2003 ( it wasn’t). 

Its crown had barely had time to settle before it had its, admittedly fucking lovely, arse kicked three months later when this absolute Pop masterpiece was released. 

To prove it’s position as the best track of 2003, just tune in to your local commercial radio breakfast show, and after listening to Jenny and Jonno ,( or Kim and Kev, or whatever pair of vacuous window-lickers they have), wittering on about how they don’t understand coffee, or woke up scared of shoes, whatever verbal shite they spout, within 10 minutes it’ll be played. 
Every day, every station, still, over twenty years after its release. 

Why? 

Because it’s a an amazing pop record- you can not listen to it without at least one part of your body involuntarily tapping out the rhythm. 

Every cunt likes it- you can not go to a wedding, Christmas party, retirement do, family BBQ, whatever, without it inevitably being played.  

It’s a masterpiece. 

I’ll accept your apologies by proxy, as you’re obviously going to be busy crying in to your pint of Bucky, or approving new memberships to the Queen Bey Official Fan Club. 

IMG_3005.gif.0ca008e5582fa90a186262b24f97c0af.gif

:lol:

Never heard it until now, utter shite.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Not sure when I'll let them have tablets. Eldest only really watches shit when we're on a car journey.

When did you let the kids have the tech?

The 9 year old  suffers from emotional issues (see autism) so his iPad actually regulates him when he throws a hissy fit.  We subsequently let the younger one (now 5)  have his own iPad as well although his time is locked. He'd spend all day on it if he could..

To be fair, all the homework is on the iPad these days so they'll need a tablet from about age 7 anyway. The younger one does IXL (homework) and is quite savvy now so I don't have issues with them using it. It's just they get addicted quite easy, especially to YouTube. They both exercise a lot and walk everywhere so there will be no fatties in my house but I am aware the first thing they do when they get up is turn on the tech.

Social media is more of a concern than screen time for me. Kids can't decompress and get away from school shit/bullies when they get home.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Social media is the worst invention humanity has ever created. 

i think Jimmy Carr said that. 

"Don't believe everything on the interweb" Abraham Lincoln (1788 Landing at Port Botany)

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I can't believe I'm even having to type this, bit:

Johnny Marr >>>>>>>>>>> Rick Parfitt

And it's not REMOTELY close. 

Sad thing is all Johnny Marr's best work was with the Smiths but the gay Hitler is the better known member and the casual fan wouldn't know who JM is.

Edited by sammynb

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I can't believe I'm even having to type this, bit:

Johnny Marr >>>>>>>>>>> Rick Parfitt

And it's not REMOTELY close. 

Rick Parfitt was a rhythm guitarist so that's basically an egregious comparison.

Irrespective of individual musicianship, as a whole the Smiths played tuneless dirge like shite and with a lead singer who couldn't sing. "Music" for Student Grant from VIZ types "ooh we like this, it's so shite but we'll call it great and we can be edgy when eating our lentils".

But as for Marr - "over-rated pub player". Not my words but from a musician acquaintance of mine some years ago (who's played with Knopfler....who to believe 🤷🏼‍♂️).

Your musician acquaintance is an idiot tbh. Marr isn't gonna play any speed limit breaking solos, but he's an incredible writer of guitar tunes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Do you think Tony Stark's parents deprived him of tech? 

You Understand Me New Blood GIF by Dexter