General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Climbs a ladder, takes down its knickers, and shits on Swifty and Buy Once from a great height. 

:lol:

Buy Once 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

🤝 Fucking incredible tune

Isn’t it? 
I didn’t know until recently that it’s built around a drum sample from The Meters’ recording of “Oh Calcutta”

Aye, fucked if I can tell either :lol:

edit; it’s pretty obviously at around 2:40. 

So I am currently in Edinburgh, well no, some dull suburb called Prestonpans where there was some fight once apparently, watching my daughter in some gymnastics competition. Up at 6am on a fucking Sunday to get here on time. 

Anyway, just found out it's done by age so I have 2 hours of watching toddlers bounce on tramplets first. 

fuck my life fml GIF

• Haha 8

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Climbs a ladder, takes down its knickers, and shits on Swifty and Buy Once from a great height. 

Great track, released two years after the original ie Crazy in Love 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Great track, released two years after the original ie Crazy in Love 😆

Oh dear Roberto

Without wanting to compound your misery on the night your lads just got tae fuck, I’ve got to say this is a strange hill to choose to die on, especially as you’re 100% wrong :lol:

Let’s assume that Crazy In Love was the best track of the 21st C when it was realised in May 2003 ( it wasn’t). 

Its crown had barely had time to settle before it had its, admittedly fucking lovely, arse kicked three months later when this absolute Pop masterpiece was released. 

To prove it’s position as the best track of 2003, just tune in to your local commercial radio breakfast show, and after listening to Jenny and Jonno ,( or Kim and Kev, or whatever pair of vacuous window-lickers they have), wittering on about how they don’t understand coffee, or woke up scared of shoes, whatever verbal shite they spout, within 10 minutes it’ll be played. 
Every day, every station, still, over twenty years after its release. 

Why? 

Because it’s a an amazing pop record- you can not listen to it without at least one part of your body involuntarily tapping out the rhythm. 

Every cunt likes it- you can not go to a wedding, Christmas party, retirement do, family BBQ, whatever, without it inevitably being played.  

It’s a masterpiece. 

I’ll accept your apologies by proxy, as you’re obviously going to be busy crying in to your pint of Bucky, or approving new memberships to the Queen Bey Official Fan Club. 

IMG_3005.gif.0ca008e5582fa90a186262b24f97c0af.gif

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 2

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oh dear Roberto

Without wanting to compound your misery on the night your lads just got tae fuck, I’ve got to say this is a strange hill to choose to die on, especially as you’re 100% wrong :lol:

Let’s assume that Crazy In Love was the best track of the 21st C when it was realised in May 2003 ( it wasn’t). 

Its crown had barely had time to settle before it had its, admittedly fucking lovely, arse kicked three months later when this absolute Pop masterpiece was released. 

To prove it’s position as the best track of 2003, just tune in to your local commercial radio breakfast show, and after listening to Jenny and Jonno ,( or Kim and Kev, or whatever pair of vacuous window-lickers they have), wittering on about how they don’t understand coffee, or woke up scared of shoes, whatever verbal shite they spout, within 10 minutes it’ll be played. 

Why? 

Because it’s a an amazing pop record- you can not listen to it without at least one part of your body involuntarily tapping out the rhythm. 

Every cunt likes it- you can not go to a wedding, Christmas party, retirement do, family BBQ, whatever, without it inevitably being played.  

It’s a masterpiece. 

I’ll accept your apologies by proxy, as you’re obviously going to be busy crying in to your pint of Bucky, or approving new memberships to the Queen Bey Official Fan Club. 

Fuck me, I'm finally out and you cunts drag me back in with this bullshit!

You're all misguided, shite music listening fools. Fucking Outkast, Beyonce, Amerie and Tay Tay Swift ffs!

YOU PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING!

And the winner is:

Marlon Brando Truth GIF by The Godfather

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oh dear Roberto

Why? 

It’s a masterpiece. 

Canny tune, but not even their own best :lol: 

6 hours ago, sammynb said:

Fuck me, I'm finally out and you cunts drag me back in with this bullshit!

You're all misguided, shite music listening fools. Fucking Outkast, Beyonce, Amerie and Tay Tay Swift ffs!

YOU PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING!

And the winner is:

Marlon Brando Truth GIF by The Godfather

You’d have a point but the criteria is “21st century” so please accept your disqualification in good grace :cuppa:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Most of the stuff Sammy posts sounds like someone left a microphone on a building site. He was disqualified WELL BEFORE he got the century wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Honourable 21st century, (just) mention to Kylie in 'Spinning around'. Maybe not the catchiest of the 21st century but still decent and of course her fabulous arse in the video.....

wolf GIF

• Haha 3

There's music from the 21st century? WTF?

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Most of the stuff Sammy posts sounds like someone left a microphone on a building site. He was disqualified WELL BEFORE he got the century wrong. 

BTW asking Scotty about music is like asking your mum why your girlfriend won't blow you - it's just so wrong.

TBH everything after this is just second place.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

What the fuck is wrong with this board? Have I logged onto the wrong fucking forum? 

john travolta bolo tie GIF

It’s a discussion about music ☺️

Whats your favourite single of the 21st century? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, PaddockLad said:

It’s a discussion about music ☺️

Whats your favourite single of the 21st century? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wait, whilst I'd probably agree Beyonce is better than Swift, no fucking way would I subject my ears to either voluntarily. Do toontasticers actually listen to this stuff?

As for my favourite single, do you mean track? Does it have to be commercial? I wouldn't have a clue, there's dozens of tracks I love since the millennia clocked over.

Listening to Diamnond mine by King Creosote right now so will say "Bats in the attic" today. I can give you another one tomorrow. 👍

• Like 1

What a lush few days, sitting in the garden enjoying the week off before I start (another) :lol: new job*. Could've started today but it's our anniversary today and meant to be nice all week so I negotiated a start next Monday instead. :ok:

Had a look around the place and hard to judge what it'll be like but I couldn't have asked for a better location or work hours, the holidays are 'normal' (for me) and not the shit UK statutory allocation however for the first year I'm on minimum wage (it won't rise too much after that) and the wife is applying for universal credit to top us up, (she could've been claiming this for about twelve years, it wouldn't have gave us much extra at my old place but it would've paid her national insurance contributions which is why we looked into it and found out about it). I never see the rags/govt going on about benefits not claimed but she also saved the government thousands by not claiming DLA years after she could've as well. 

Anyway, I've made sweets to make people fat, made beer to make people drunk and fat so will be now making implements and aids to help people walk or save them from discomfort so I'm making amends for my previous wicked occupations. :lol: (If anyone has any halo's lying around, prepare to crown me now). 

* If anyone fancies a flutter, see Rishi's Conservative Bets LTD for the best odds of how long I'll stay? (But remember folks, please gamble responsibly). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wait, whilst I'd probably agree Beyonce is better than Swift, no fucking way would I subject my ears to either voluntarily. Do toontasticers actually listen to this stuff?

As for my favourite single, do you mean track? Does it have to be commercial? I wouldn't have a clue, there's dozens of tracks I love since the millennia clocked over.

Listening to Diamnond mine by King Creosote right now so will say "Bats in the attic" today. I can give you another one tomorrow. 👍

Was taking about just commercial pop releases. I wouldn’t buy Beyoncé’s music but I’ve always valued good commercial pop eg Beatles, Stones, Motown, Bolan, Bowie, Roxy, New wave, reggae, r & b, disco, the dance explosion of the late 80s etc etc there has been brilliant music that’s topped the charts as well as absolute dross. For me, Beyoncé’s CIL is unsurpassed in the last 20 years or so. 

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Btw, 21st century tunes you like to hear, I'll say Moloko and 'sing it back'. Catchy as fuck and still sounds current. :ok:

Released 8th March 1999 :cuppa:

computer GIF

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

What a lush few days, sitting in the garden enjoying the week off before I start (another) :lol: new job*. Could've started today but it's our anniversary today and meant to be nice all week so I negotiated a start next Monday instead. :ok:

Had a look around the place and hard to judge what it'll be like but I couldn't have asked for a better location or work hours, the holidays are 'normal' (for me) and not the shit UK statutory allocation however for the first year I'm on minimum wage (it won't rise too much after that) and the wife is applying for universal credit to top us up, (she could've been claiming this for about twelve years, it wouldn't have gave us much extra at my old place but it would've paid her national insurance contributions which is why we looked into it and found out about it). I never see the rags/govt going on about benefits not claimed but she also saved the government thousands by not claiming DLA years after she could've as well. 

Anyway, I've made sweets to make people fat, made beer to make people drunk and fat so will be now making implements and aids to help people walk or save them from discomfort so I'm making amends for my previous wicked occupations. :lol: (If anyone has any halo's lying around, prepare to crown me now). 

* If anyone fancies a flutter, see Rishi's Conservative Bets LTD for the best odds of how long I'll stay? (But remember folks, please gamble responsibly). 

I’m giving you three weeks till you twat the supervisor with a crutch you’ve half finished making :good: 

• Haha 2

Not sure I’ve properly thought about it enough but what about Juice by Lizzo as a nice slice of 21st century pop? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1