General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

If you can buy a second hand Bentley for under £7k, you must be able to get a decent 2nd hand car for £2k that's cheaper to insure.

Anyone see the great cart insurance swindle on bbc tonight? No wonder premiums are through the roof with all that shit going on.

Not sure if same prog but saw something other week on it. Panorama i think. Details getting passed around for £600 a time to potential claim chasing agencies. Often persue folk involved in minor accidents who have no injuries whatsoever and encourage them to claim . Also went into the speculative texts you get saying 'you need to claim your £2750 from your accident' carry on. Completely out of hand.

Serves you right for buying the fucking abomination tbh

:rolleyes:

I've not bought anything, just getting quotes on trade cars. I started looking at Ford Kas and Vauxhall Corsas because they are group 1/2 insurance bracket, and for any car above group 2 I'll be looking at 2.5k + for the insurance. The cheapest insurance deal I've been quoted is £1500 for a Corsa, that was a type 1. You can't get any fucking lower :D It's absolutely outrageous. And that's comprehensive. If I try for a 3rd party only deal the price increases by at least £1k.

You can't get any fucking lower :rolleyes: It's absolutely outrageous. And that's comprehensive. If I try for a 3rd party only deal the price increases by at least £1k.

Shouldn't 3rd party only be cheaper than comprehensive?

Serves you right for buying the fucking abomination tbh

:rolleyes:

I've not bought anything, just getting quotes on trade cars. I started looking at Ford Kas and Vauxhall Corsas because they are group 1/2 insurance bracket, and for any car above group 2 I'll be looking at 2.5k + for the insurance. The cheapest insurance deal I've been quoted is £1500 for a Corsa, that was a type 1. You can't get any fucking lower :D It's absolutely outrageous. And that's comprehensive. If I try for a 3rd party only deal the price increases by at least £1k.

Do they not do free insurance deals with new cars anymore? Citroen and Peugeot used to do em all the time.

You can't get any fucking lower :rolleyes: It's absolutely outrageous. And that's comprehensive. If I try for a 3rd party only deal the price increases by at least £1k.

Shouldn't 3rd party only be cheaper than comprehensive?

You'd think so. I've not got that mixed up. For some reason comprehensive is cheaper for me.

It's rough on the people that actually obey the law. In nz it's not compulsory to insure your car. In the first year here some twat wrote off my car when it was parked outside my house. I was only 3rd party and he wasnt insured. Nothing I could do as he basically had no money. Cops breathalyzed him twice as they couldnt believe he wasn't pissed

We sub-let half of our office floor to another company and they moved in in April - since then at least twice a week the blokes' shitters get blocked (this afternoon being the ltest) - the consensus is that the tennants are tramps.

We visited The ss Great Britain in Bristol yesterday, very interesting! Though it was slightly worrying to be under the ship with water overhead :rolleyes:

Aww, you lucky thing. I was so close to going there a couple of weeks ago. Had a week seeing Ironbridge, Bath, Stonehenge then Portsmouth to see Victory and Warrior. I wanted to go to Bristol from Bath to see SS Great Britain but decided to go south instead. Another day.

Spent a day around Alton Towers yesterday and the night before in the hotel. Park is good fun like, though if I'd queued 40 minutes for the rollercoaster that takes 8 seconds, I'd be well pissed off.

Plank.

We sub-let half of our office floor to another company and they moved in in April - since then at least twice a week the blokes' shitters get blocked (this afternoon being the ltest) - the consensus is that the tennants are tramps.

4 hours later you might have been a bit more sympathetic :rolleyes:

Do you ever find that some people find you so sarcastic, they presume you're being sarcastic even when you're not?

Yes. (That's not me being sarcastic btw). The flipside is people who don't know you sometimes think you're being serious.