General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Off to see the new Nissan leaf later on as a possible replacement to my current taxi.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/?cid=pselectricveh...s/electric-leaf

Apparently all the charge points are free for three years and charging at home if required is approx £1.30 a night to fully charge the battery. (I can currently pay £25 - £30 a day in diesel).

No road tax to pay.

Range of about 110 miles.

A boost charge at the local shops or garage takes 10 mins if you get caught short.

The-electric-model-Nissan-Leaf-will-develop-artificial-sounds.jpg

Certainly got me interested.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry884174

Off to see the new Nissan leaf later on as a possible replacement to my current taxi.

Apparently all the charge points are free for three years and charging at home if required is approx £1.30 a night to fully charge the battery. (I can currently pay £25 - £30 a day in diesel).

No road tax to pay.

A boost charge at the local shops or garage takes 10 mins if you get caught short.

Interesting that Dr K. If those figures are right about range when using those features it may cause me problems. Now that I have the little un during the day, most of my driving will be evenings with lights, heater and radio on.

No road tax to pay.

Interesting that Dr K. If those figures are right about range when using those features it may cause me problems. Now that I have the little un during the day, most of my driving will be evenings with lights, heater and radio on.

Aye, a combustion engine can quite easily power all your ancillaries, and one of its waste products (ie heat) can be used to keep you warm. An electric can't really do either without draining itself much quicker.

Don't forget that that 110 mile range will be in optimal driving conditions, not stop-start urban motoring with constant accelerating & braking. I'd imagine you'd be better off with something like a Golf Bluemotion in your line of work.

Was thinking of The Hoppings when rain came down today . Anyone been to the Moor yet this year ? Haven't been since the days of The American Eggs and The Zipper (easily the best/scariest ride not just for the way you would plummet face first towards the deck but also for the buckshee mechanics of the fucker. Staring at the blocks of wood holding the wheels of the whole thing in place as you did so added to the buzz!?!) .

Wondering what prices are like these days . Be £3-5 quid a shot is it ? Always remember the new rides were always much more expensive too .

Cypsy gunts .

I went on Saturday. I don't like rides much though so only went on the Big Wheel which was £2 (with a 50p off voucher). Filled my face with fudge instead. :spit:

No road tax to pay.

Big Thanks for that heads up Dr K.

I do tend to rush in and that post may just have saved me a small fortune. On top of the things you mention, theres also the taxi lights, data head and radio not too mention essentials such car phone charger etc.

Think Im going to pass.

Cheers :spit:

I do tend to rush in and that post may just have saved me a small fortune. On top of the things you mention, theres also the taxi lights, data head and radio not too mention essentials such car phone charger etc.

Think Im going to pass.

Cheers :spit:

Could you not add one of those Maplin solar panel chargers to do the electrics somehow?

(I take it for granted there would be enough sunshine in sunny Shields.)

Why do these companies insist on fucking about with the flavours of their products. If it's not broken why fix it? Although it's a very simple meal, I used to LOVE, Heinz Vegetable Soup it was lovely dipping 4 or 5 slices of bread in, but they've fucked on so much with the flavour it's borderline mingin now. They've done the same with Pickled Onion monster munch, and now Mars Bars. A mars bar 20 years ago didn't taste like this, and they're saying they've made them more healthy, I don't like being healthy, I'm a fat cunt by choice and I liked them the way they were. There's loads of other examples of this, fuck knows why they do it.

Edited by McFaul

No road tax to pay.

Think Im going to pass.

Cheers :icon_lol:

No worries. Think yourself lucky I was off work today B)

As I said in that other thread, the electric car is a dead duck imo. People aren't interested in a new technology that is worse than what is the norm at present. Especially if the green credentials might not add up. They should concentrate on small capacity turbocharged combustion engines until the hydrogen fuel cell is good to go.

I'll expect a complimentary taxi ride if I'm ever in your neck of the woods :icon_lol:

Was thinking of The Hoppings when rain came down today . Anyone been to the Moor yet this year ? Haven't been since the days of The American Eggs and The Zipper (easily the best/scariest ride not just for the way you would plummet face first towards the deck but also for the buckshee mechanics of the fucker. Staring at the blocks of wood holding the wheels of the whole thing in place as you did so added to the buzz!?!) .

Wondering what prices are like these days . Be £3-5 quid a shot is it ? Always remember the new rides were always much more expensive too .

Cypsy gunts .

I went on Saturday. I don't like rides much though so only went on the Big Wheel which was £2 (with a 50p off voucher). Filled my face with fudge instead. :icon_lol:

The last bit wouldn't be for me like Jill :icon_lol:

Lad at work who has kids said today talking £3 for some rides and some require adult to ride with kids .

No wonder they only work 6 months of the blasted year .

Was recalling today how few of us went in early teens and went t see the WEARWOLF MAN or summat sideshow. for a laugh. Monies were exchanged and into the bit tent. Cautiously proceeded, turned corner . . it was a pikey wi a rubber wearwolf mask on sittin on bucket in the corner. He jumped up, made a groaning noise and flailed his arms about n that was it. A bloke in a mask, jeans and a pair of Reebok Classics. Underwhelming .

Why do these companies insist on fucking about with the flavours of their products. If it's not broken why fix it? Although it's a very simple meal, I used to LOVE, Heinz Vegetable Soup it was lovely dipping 4 or 5 slices of bread in, but they've fucked on so much with the flavour it's borderline mingin now. They've done the same with Pickled Onion monster munch, and now Mars Bars. A mars bar 20 years ago didn't taste like this, and they're saying they've made them more healthy, I don't like being healthy, I'm a fat cunt by choice and I liked them the way they were. There's loads of other examples of this, fuck knows why they do it.

never got on with the pickled onion mm like. just harshly acidic crunchy foam.

y wanna try own brand soups man - much better. morrisons lentil n bacon's top'o'the pops .

Think Im going to pass.

Cheers :icon_lol:

Could you not add one of those Maplin solar panel chargers to do the electrics somehow?

(I take it for granted there would be enough sunshine in sunny Shields.)

Not sure about all that. What seemed like a great idea at the weekend now seems full of holes :icon_lol:

Gonna keep driving the pope mobile for now.

Cypsy gunts .

I went on Saturday. I don't like rides much though so only went on the Big Wheel which was £2 (with a 50p off voucher). Filled my face with fudge instead. B)

The last bit wouldn't be for me like Jill :icon_lol:

Lad at work who has kids said today talking £3 for some rides and some require adult to ride with kids .

No wonder they only work 6 months of the blasted year .

Was recalling today how few of us went in early teens and went t see the WEARWOLF MAN or summat sideshow. for a laugh. Monies were exchanged and into the bit tent. Cautiously proceeded, turned corner . . it was a pikey wi a rubber wearwolf mask on sittin on bucket in the corner. He jumped up, made a groaning noise and flailed his arms about n that was it. A bloke in a mask, jeans and a pair of Reebok Classics. Underwhelming .

:icon_lol: Remember that.

y wanna try own brand soups man - much better. morrisons lentil n bacon's top'o'the pops .

Yeah those pickled onion ones were are really acidic.

I know what you mean though Stevie, they've made McVities Digestive lower fat but the only problem is now they are so soft crumbly that you can't dunk them :icon_lol: In fact they're normally in bits in the packet, shame as they were my favourite biccies but I don't buy them now.

Doing a job Ive been putting off for ever.

All those digital photos that get taken, transferred to the computer and just left in random folders unsorted.

Trying to re-name things, make some sense of them and order real photos for the very important ones I would hate to lose.

A big big job.

There's software out there that'll do that for you, photoshop organizer or whatever it's called for example. Those photobooks you can get made are better than photos in albums too imo. As for not wanting to lose them, back them up.

There's software out there that'll do that for you, photoshop organizer or whatever it's called for example. Those photobooks you can get made are better than photos in albums too imo. As for not wanting to lose them, back them up.

Really? I'll have to look into that.

Not sure what a photobook is but I'll google it. :icon_lol:

As for the back up, I wouldnt trust a disc or what have you not to go corrupt over time.

I think you are also more likely to pour a few glasses or red and meander through a hard copy photo album than pop a disc in. (Its probably an age thing) :icon_lol:

Really? I'll have to look into that.

Not sure what a photobook is but I'll google it. :icon_lol:

As for the back up, I wouldnt trust a disc or what have you not to go corrupt over time.

I think you are also more likely to pour a few glasses or red and meander through a hard copy photo album than pop a disc in. (Its probably an age thing) :icon_lol:

A photobook is basically a book filled with your own photos, i.e. they're printed on the pages and you can add your own captions before you order one. So it basically is a hard copy photo album, only without having to buy the album itself then stick the photos in. And I'd still back stuff up if I was you. It's not like you can't lose physical photographs, is it? If you're particularly paranoid or fond of the shots in question you can have a copy on your hard drive, a copy on a memory (for example) and have them backed up online too. That way no single event could see them lost forever.

I know what you mean though Stevie, they've made McVities Digestive lower fat but the only problem is now they are so soft crumbly that you can't dunk them :lol: In fact they're normally in bits in the packet, shame as they were my favourite biccies but I don't buy them now.

Chocolate bars seem tiny nowadays, like Double Deckers and Twix's and all that, they all seem snack size when they're on the shelves nowadays

just had my new business partner and his missus around for lunch, I am opening a kitchen in his cafe, and MY FUCKING OVEN PACKED UP halfway through cooking our meal.

FFS

I know what you mean though Stevie, they've made McVities Digestive lower fat but the only problem is now they are so soft crumbly that you can't dunk them :lol: In fact they're normally in bits in the packet, shame as they were my favourite biccies but I don't buy them now.

Chocolate bars seem tiny nowadays, like Double Deckers and Twix's and all that, they all seem snack size when they're on the shelves nowadays

We've just got bigger hands now.

I know what you mean though Stevie, they've made McVities Digestive lower fat but the only problem is now they are so soft crumbly that you can't dunk them :icon_lol: In fact they're normally in bits in the packet, shame as they were my favourite biccies but I don't buy them now.

We've just got bigger hands now.

Mystery solved :lol: