General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Who left the light on......Britain at night from space.

Twinkling brightly in a sea of lights, this is Britain as you've never seen her before.

An astronaut orbiting 230miles above Earth aboard the International Space Station (ISS) took advantage of a clear night in the skies to snap this incredible photo.

The sprawling metropolises of London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow are revealed in a dazzling spread of yellow light.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...l#ixzz1PRdOuiDX

article-2004130-0C9634F300000578-574_964x1028.jpg

article-2004130-0C96369B00000578-152_964x638.jpg

Ever so occasionally I get the impression that Toontastic was originally like some sort of private Bullingdon club that decided to have a bit of fun by allowing the "riff raff" in and then couldnt stop the flow. :blush:

Aye I used to think like that, like when I joined 4 years ago and one or two others it was like it must've been for the Jamaicans when they first came to Britain in the 40's. Now they've all integrated and they're 100% British and play football and what not.

Ever so occasionally I get the impression that Toontastic was originally like some sort of private Bullingdon club that decided to have a bit of fun by allowing the "riff raff" in and then couldnt stop the flow. :blush:

Aye I used to think like that, like when I joined 4 years ago and one or two others it was like it must've been for the Jamaicans when they first came to Britain in the 40's. Now they've all integrated and they're 100% British and play football and what not.

To be fair, integrating the two of you is like integrating a Jamaican and a Martian.

To be fair, integrating the two of you is like integrating a Jamaican and a Martian.

:D

:D pipe down before I give the yardies a call.

Bramble's brother convicted of rape pending sentence. I knew it all along when people were saying ah it's the lass, look at his face, he looks like a rapist.

Ever so occasionally I get the impression that Toontastic was originally like some sort of private Bullingdon club that decided to have a bit of fun by allowing the "riff raff" in and then couldnt stop the flow. :D

I used to think like that too many years ago :D It was so 'clicky' And possibly still is! I have very little in common with any of you except I love the same team, but now I feel accepted :blush:

I don't find this site cliquey at all, and I'm not a Toon fan. However, BRFCS.Com is pretty dire for posters infighting and declaring war on different points of view. It gets like the Chinese Cultural Revolution, but with references to Allardyce and the previous/current owners.

I don't find this site cliquey at all, and I'm not a Toon fan. However, BRFCS.Com is pretty dire for posters infighting and declaring war on different points of view. It gets like the Chinese Cultural Revolution, but with references to Allardyce and the previous/current owners.

You've encountered LeazesMag, yes? :D

That's cool though. I do think this place is a whole lot more relaxed and idiot-free than an awful lot of forums, Newcastle/general football or otherwise (although obviously that's relative rather than absolute). :blush:

LM apart, there aren't factions which give each other labels like they do over there. If you say Allardyce did a good job in stabilising the club, then you love everything about him including his ego the style of football etc. If you didn't think hewas that good, then you are seen as someone who loves Kean, wants him to be manager forever, rim Mrs Desai and so on. And lots of bitterness and bile towards the 'opposition' follows. And these are from the people who have been there for years. There isn't any real one-upmanship here either. OK, so CT and people who don't like him have had a bit of a dig on a few threads, but it isn't half as bad as it is on the Rovers site. You should have a look one day.

That's why I spend more time on this site posting general messages. I look at BRFCS.com for transfer gossip etc.

I've always assumed 'click' was a noise whereas 'clique' is a small elitist grouping of people.

yeah my mistake...and there's no excuse for it as I knew that perfectly well :blush:

Oh My God this forum is so slow its driving me nuts :spit:

Its also moody as fuck at the minute, hardly one pleasant post today. Stevie's photos and stories being the exception to quite an unpleasant atmosphere. People need to lighten up, i would have thought the new signings would have perked people up a bit but it seems to have had the opposite effect. Funny that.

Its also moody as fuck at the minute, hardly one pleasant post today. Stevie's photos and stories being the exception to quite an unpleasant atmosphere. People need to lighten up, i would have thought the new signings would have perked people up a bit but it seems to have had the opposite effect. Funny that.

Well said Chez. I have to agree, not enjoying myself much on here lately, I just have a quick read then off again as so many threads turn to bitching.

Well said Chez. I have to agree, not enjoying myself much on here lately, I just have a quick read then off again as so many threads turn to bitching.

To be honest I think most of the bitching is directed at one or two individuals and those individuals are delighted because of the amount of attention coming their way.

In other news I made a pasta sauce today and it was fucking rank.