You are the only one to stop my tears

And I'm so scared, I'm so scared

George Michael ......

candle.jpg

Even the bats have fucked off,,,.......

Ive got something to tell ya

Ive got something to say

Darling I'd climb any mountain.....

Should be in the eighties thread for the quality on here tonight........

Your loves like a slow train comin..................

I was fortunate because there was no damage to the skip, or any bystanders or property. Had to pay for it to be towed because I'm not fully comped, but there'll be no claims involved or any court process or criminal charges, thankfully. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with cancelling my insurance policy.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

What happened?

I'm intrigued as to how you drove into a skip.

I'm on my provisional, had 40 lessons, and I bought a 2003 Daewoo Kalos about 2 months ago to practice in. I have to take my test in St. Helens, though I live in Warrington, so I'd been going up there driving to familiarize myself with area. Went out today with my dad at about 630pm, I can't remember exactly when, the sun was setting and visibility was really poor because whenever you faced west the light was blinding. I hadn't been out in those conditions before, and being overconfident I thought I'd cope alright. Basically turned into a road I was unfamiliar with, we'd also turned into the sun which was obscuring the majority of my vision, three seconds later, BANG. I drove straight into a skip that was sat in the middle of the road and shunted it onto the pavement. It was half full of flags and bricks, and the left side of the front of the car was completely caved in. In a weird mood now, because I could have easily killed someone or seriously injured them. So relieved that wasn't the case.

Got lucky because the police happened to pass about 5 minutes after I crashed and parked up behind us with the lights on so no one would crash into us, they were fairly helpful and decent about it.

Fast enough. IIRC he was parked right in front of it, made to set off but the car was in reverse so he just lurched backwards into the skip, rear of the car absolutely fucked. And no, it was around 2005 and the car was a 2000 plate, so would have been five years old or so. Small automatic rover (classic OAP car lol). He drives a Seat Ibiza now, which he himself drove into a wall last month, minimal damage fortunately. No wonder mum keeps 'borrowing' the car now. Although she's one to talk - reversed straight into the side of a car parked opposite their drive about two months ago.

That's just a selection of motoring mishaps in my family, so not the best of luck as I say. Still, don't think any of us have written off a car before passing the test, that's fairly good going. Unlucky.

What happened?

I'm intrigued as to how you drove into a skip.

I'm on my provisional, had 40 lessons, and I bought a 2003 Daewoo Kalos about 2 months ago to practice in. I have to take my test in St. Helens, though I live in Warrington, so I'd been going up there driving to familiarize myself with area. Went out today with my dad at about 630pm, I can't remember exactly when, the sun was setting and visibility was really poor because whenever you faced west the light was blinding. I hadn't been out in those conditions before, and being overconfident I thought I'd cope alright. Basically turned into a road I was unfamiliar with, we'd also turned into the sun which was obscuring the majority of my vision, three seconds later, BANG. I drove straight into a skip that was sat in the middle of the road and shunted it onto the pavement. It was half full of flags and bricks, and the left side of the front of the car was completely caved in. In a weird mood now, because I could have easily killed someone or seriously injured them. So relieved that wasn't the case.

Got lucky because the police happened to pass about 5 minutes after I crashed and parked up behind us with the lights on so no one would crash into us, they were fairly helpful and decent about it.

:icon_lol::rolleyes:

Wasn't unlucky really, if you're an inexperienced drive like me and you drive carelessly in reduced visibility, shit's going to go bad. I'm a bloody idiot. Was lucky on several counts: no one died; it'll only cost me a couple hundred (for the towing) and not thousands in damages (will just write the car off and cancel my insurance); and finally, no one will be making a claim against me and taking me to court, or pressing criminal charges. Lesson learned anyway, until the next crash.

Was there cones/ warnings around the skip?

If it was in the road, there's meant to be.

Claim a laim a ding ding?

There were two cones, one either side. So one cone on my side. I think it may be too late for a claim really, don't really want to get into any of that. It was my fault, I should have just stopped as visibility was so poor. Inexperience and overconfidence showing there.

* I presume what I said about the cones is true, but the first time I saw the skip was when I had hit it. There was a small cone stuck underneath my car, and one on the other side of the skip.

The bloke who hired the skip happened to pass and took his sign off it (he was a landscape gardener) because he said it looked unprofessional :icon_lol: He cleared off fairly quickly.

Today I fitted a door handle. I had to bore the hole in the side of the door and stuff and I did it all injury free. Proud man. :icon_lol:

Chatting to people today at work; the vast majority of guys had had crashes, and most of them had written a car off at least once. I guess it's not uncommon and I should be glad everyone came out unscathed.

Alright dude, we get it, you crashed into a skip. Not a big deal.

Chatting to people today at work; the vast majority of guys had had crashes, and most of them had written a car off at least once. I guess it's not uncommon and I should be glad everyone came out unscathed.

Alright dude, we get it, you crashed into a skip. Not a big deal.