General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Strange thing happened to me in London today.

Hailed a cab as I wanted to get to paddington station so I waved at him to stop. The driver waved back and carried on driving!  ;)

His light was on as well!

Weird.  :unsure:

63617[/snapback]

Maybe I'm just tired, and likely to be amused by ANYTHING after an evening of doing accounting, but jeez is that making me giggle. It's a happy thought... I can imagine that cabby being somewhat like me and being like "awww... that's nice.... that boy's waving at me...." and waving back, and it taking AT LEAST 5 minutes before I realise why.

Except I'd probably to do it to everyone, and go back to the taxi HQ and be like 'well it wasn't a good day for people wanting rides - but EVERYONE is SO FRIENDLY.....' :(

I just got an email going "HI! Are you Blair McDonough???? I'm your BIGGEST fan!!"

Ummmmmmm.......... what??

It's not quite as random as the time I was emailed "Hi. Is it true that Blair McDonough is dead? I hope not." That made me laugh (because I knew he definitely WASN'T dead, so I didn't have any moments of panic).

*wonders what the hell google is throwing up at people*

Silky was very funny thursday night and I introduced myself and thankfully wasn't totally embarrassed. He mentioned that you had mentioned that I had mentioned that he was mentionable, an unbelievable amount of mentioning if you ask me.

so I'm on his mailing list, guess that means we're friends and that he'll not mind if I crash at his place for a while...

Robin Ince was also extremely funny, with perhaps the most polite retort to a heckle I've ever seen. Well it was a retort directed at two lads who were talking to the side of the stage, so not really the most polite retort to a heckle, but a polite "shush" at the very least.

Silky was honest enough to admit that a lot of the material he used would be the same as the stuff that he used three weeks earlier, but to be fair to him I don't think he actually repeated a lot, he simply chatted and despite his claims tot he contrary he seemed to be making a lot of the stuff up, or at least just letting his mouth do the talking.... well that's a rediculous thing to say but I hope you get my point.

he mentioned something about a mackem hypnotherapist and made sure to mention that geordies and mackems should never mate, which I (if no-one else) found Very amusing, I hope he appreciated the hearty guffaw I uttered as much as I appreciated his joke.

I like to think he did.

anyhoo bedtime.

Well. This is one thing I hate about the holiday season. Upped police patrols.

$181

52 MPH in a 25 MPH zone.

Bollocks.

The infamous and ever-funny Silky is back up here this weekend I believe..... must a- persuade friend to go, b- get him to put my name on the door. *so cool* :icon_lol:

Hurrah I went to a BIG meet with my cult yesterday.

I got a hug off the Leader.

And I made a friend in Jesus.

B)

The infamous and ever-funny Silky is back up here this weekend I believe..... must a- persuade friend to go, b- get him to put my name on the door.  *so cool* :icon_lol:

B)

64392[/snapback]

i dont know you, i've never met you, but you are indeed a

LEGEND

I presented the m.o.m. award at the Bees game tonight! :icon_lol:

I had to walk onto the ice (they put carpet down so the presenters don't fall over) and then Shaun Thompson skated up, shook me hand and we posed for a photo. :)

Then he got mobbed by the Bees and so I joined in. B)

We won 4-3 but it should've been 10-0 to us as we were in their frickin half for almost all of the game! And one of their goals didn't cross the line! So when the play stopped once, Briere (the goalie) put the puck on the line and called the ref over and said "does that look like a goal to you?" :)

The infamous and ever-funny Silky is back up here this weekend I believe..... must a- persuade friend to go, b- get him to put my name on the door.  *so cool* :icon_lol:

B)

64392[/snapback]

LEGEND

64416[/snapback]

:) Thanks!

Yesterday was a fun day..... I never expected to end up dancing the night away with Jesus, that's for sure.

But hey, strange things do happen. :)

B)

64392[/snapback]

LEGEND

64416[/snapback]

:) Thanks!

Yesterday was a fun day..... I never expected to end up dancing the night away with Jesus, that's for sure.

But hey, strange things do happen. :)

64419[/snapback]

Your own, personal Jesus?

Jesus is EVERYONE's Jesus. If only you are willing to accept him into your life.

You should, he's fairly cool. Very friendly. And down to earth. Considering that, y'know, he's Jesus and all.

The Leader didn't go clubbing after the meet because he reckoned that at 29, he's a bit old for these things. Jesus is 2005 years old and HE still went. The Leader's just not a hard-core icon like our Jesus, now, is he? Not yet anyways. Give him time though....

I think Jesus would if offended if you said that to his face, Brock. And it wouldnt' be nice to make Jesus cry.

Incidently, thought I should share, I used to be Jesus myself once, don't you know?

See, now you think I'm talking crap (if you weren't before)... but I can assure you it's true. As my accounting lecturer once said..... "you don't have to UNDERSTAND... just BELIEVE....." Wise man indeed.

Hmmm.. you people don't seem up to deep religious discussion....

What WOULD Jesus do :)

... probably dance around singing along to Park Life, judging from last night...... B)

Seriously, we found the most ridiculously pathetic.... but therefore most wonderful!... club ever last night. So much fun. :icon_lol:

No but I am tempted to crucify you for your blasphemy :icon_lol:

Although in thousands of years the Bible will have a new testament "The New, New Testament" and it'll be about the new messiah, Lou, who was crucified by King Brock. :)

I have a photo of me and Shaun Thompson and it's class B)

Ooooo you COMPLETELY just reminded me that I have to pick up my photos on Tuesday.... boo, I'm so convinced that today is Monday. Which is weird, but still.

Anyways... I can't remember where I put my photo receipt thingys... I think MAYBE in my coat pocket... in which case, they're still on a megabus somewhere :icon_lol: Oops.

Jesus is a Joinee. B)

Of course, there is a possibility that he's not the ACTUAL Jesus, and that he just perhaps looks like Jesus, what with the hair and the beard and the loaves and the fishes and stuff. But everyone only knows him as Jesus. And you can have nice Jesus-y chats with him.

But I just thought it'd be fun to bemuse people by coming home and being all "I found Jesus" etc etc. :icon_lol:

And it was. But now that's over and done with.

Hmm.... what next? what next?

Jesus is a Joinee.  :)

Of course, there is a possibility that he's not the ACTUAL Jesus, and that he just perhaps looks like Jesus, what with the hair and the beard and the loaves and the fishes and stuff.  But everyone only knows him as Jesus.  And you can have nice Jesus-y chats with him.

But I just thought it'd be fun to bemuse people by coming home and being all "I found Jesus" etc etc.  :icon_lol:

And it was.  But now that's over and done with.

Hmm.... what next?  what next?

64513[/snapback]

Does he also dress as a pirate on occasion and call himself 'Alt grr'?

Because I know a guy who looks like Jesus who does the above and he's a nice bloke. B)

Y'know what, Brock? It really wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Haha, apparently on Sunday, one of the girls dropped a pint and it splashed in the eyes of one of the guys, so Jesus was all 'I have to heal him now!!!' and leapt up to cure his blindness :icon_lol:

I wish I'd seen that. I didn't witness any miracles. Boooooooo.

...... ahhh... what a difference 20 minutes makes...

I'm now feeling a bit down and sorry for myself...

Thinking of skipping Friday and going home so I can be back with people who love me.

Or, alternatively, finding myself a flux capacitor (no, just pictures of it won't do, but thanks for the thought) (mikey, i can just *see* you reaching out for the BttF pictures right now.....) and making a time machine so that I can travel back in time. Only by a week. Actually, make that a week and one hour, just to be safe. Please.

*sigh*

And btw, serious question now, but WHY do phones sometimes decide that they're just not going to send and/or recieve messages from a certain number?? I've had it happen before.... my brother's girlfriend couldn't send me texts.... my mum couldn't send me texts in oz.... and now I can't send texts to someone... although I could last week. WTF is with that?! It's royally pissing me off. :icon_lol:

...... ahhh... what a difference 20 minutes makes...

I'm now feeling a bit down and sorry for myself...

Thinking of skipping Friday and going home so I can be back with people who love me.

Or, alternatively, finding myself a flux capacitor (no, just pictures of it won't do, but thanks for the thought) (mikey, i can just *see* you reaching out for the BttF pictures right now.....) and making a time machine so that I can travel back in time.  Only by a week.  Actually, make that a week and one hour, just to be safe.  Please.

*sigh*

And btw, serious question now, but WHY do phones sometimes decide that they're just not going to send and/or recieve messages from a certain number??  I've had it happen before.... my brother's girlfriend couldn't send me texts.... my mum couldn't send me texts in oz.... and now I can't send texts to someone... although I could last week.  WTF is with that?!  It's royally pissing me off. B)

64593[/snapback]

Aaaaw c'mere you :)

*big hug and blows in your ear* Feel better :)

:icon_lol:

well Lou, I don't know about the phone thing, but I can assure you that one day you WILL witness a miracle.

everyone does, but they just don't appreciate it

you gotta learn to marvel and the little things in life like .... earwigs

they serve absolutely no purpose, they do nothing unique and there are a million other species of insects that repeat the very task that the earwig takes part in, yet the earwig (without any impressive ad campaign) is more famous than some of it's more industrious brethren.

it's a miracle the bleeder is so famous, yet there it is... basking in a limelight that should (by rights) be illuminating the thankless task performed by the woodlouse, who not only thought up the whole "being a beetle which is huntyed down by pre-pubescent boys and tortured", but does so IN A SUIT OF ARMOUR

You have rto admit, the inclusion of plate-mail adds a touch of pomp to the occassion.

so heres to the Woodlouse, the Templar of the insect world, the Lancelot to the butterfly's Guinevere(sp?), the Samurai to the Mantis' Gaisha

take a bow son, your work has not gone unrecognised by me!