General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's a numbered Beatles White Album there. Number 128,252. Complete with lyric sheet and pictures of the band. 

PXL_20240916_135943423_t54YW7ON49.thumb.jpeg.de58845f84c321b88529ace978735881.jpegPXL_20240916_140037576_PmjhkUGB1b.thumb.jpeg.53d25bf014b402604c1f10e810be6798.jpeg

There's one of those for sale on Ebay for 8 grand.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

We sang that "Just One Person" at middle school. Knowingly getting a bunch of already embarrassed tweenagers to sing about believing "hard enough and long enough" - being a teacher must be a lark sometimes. :lol:

:lol:

You've not heard Babyface until you've heard it by the Muppet chickens. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Tdansmith said:

I should look into this. The top of the back sleeve has come away, I think the glue has just failed, but I know this one plays fine. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That's it I'm afraid. The two on the right must have been my sister's and I can't recommend either of the two on the left. :lol:

PXL_20240916_140739508.MP_i0mbrSYK8G.thumb.jpeg.f6136ec704bd4ff82d04c2b8d11ed606.jpeg

Ok, was hoping for some Undertones, there's one Mrs is after but it's stupid money on 'cogs, well what I consider stupid money.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I should look into this. The top of the back sleeve has come away, I think the glue has just failed, but I know this one plays fine. 

Well worth looking into IMO. The first pressing are worth the most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Prit stick 😉

Tap up, Joel, brighterday vynil on bluesky, he's a good bloke, he'll give you a steer I reckon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Aye, there's a few things for sale on eBay for prices which are never going to sell in a million years. :lol: Unrealistic ambitions to put it mildly.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Last song in a nightclub and the lass you had your eye on ended up dancing 'cheek to cheek' with some other cunt? 

Debbie from Accounts with that cunt of a sales boss. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

With that number I think it’s a 70s or  80s re issue. Still worth a bit mind…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, there's a few things for sale on eBay for prices which are never going to sell in a million years. :lol: Unrealistic ambitions to put it mildly.

Damn...how do you remove your bid on Ebay ? 

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My best "punt" sale was £165 for Sheet Music album by 10cc (signed by the band post gig at city hall).

I found a pristine Sgt. Peppers vinyl, with all the inserts and cardboard pop-out taches etc in the attic of my house when I moved in. 

I think it’s a 1967 from all the identifying stamps and marks etc. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I found a pristine Sgt. Peppers vinyl, with all the inserts and cardboard pop-out taches etc in the attic of my house when I moved in. 

I think it’s a 1967 from all the identifying stamps and marks etc. 

Kerching

• Like 1

I used to have a pristine copy of  Sgt. Peppers on vinyl, with all the inserts and cardboard pop-out taches, but I forgot about it and left it in the attic of my old house after I moved. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

I used to have a pristine copy of  Sgt. Peppers on vinyl, with all the inserts and cardboard pop-out taches, but I forgot about it and left it in the attic of my old house after I moved. 

I'm Sgt Peppers owner who accidentally left it in the attic, and so's my wife.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I was at a hotel recently and they played The Lady in Red during fucking breakfast. The audacity.

Fortunately, they also had self-serve mimosas.

It was probably to signal availablity, at the buffet, of ginger muffins.

32 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Aye, I think I remember you saying. Was that the one where the prospective buyers were complete twats who gazundered you,  so you salted the lawn, shat under the floor boards and sewed some kippers into the curtains?

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Ok, was hoping for some Undertones, there's one Mrs is after but it's stupid money on 'cogs, well what I consider stupid money.

I’ve got a couple of Undertones vinyls, remind me on when I get home and I will have a look. You can have it/then/whatever I have for nowt. No guarantee on quality or if it even plays though, haven’t had a record player since I was about 20.

• Thanks 1