General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 minute ago, Renton said:

And aye, he's always telling shit jokes and says "are you having that?" (paraphrasing here mind). 

I think that’s what he said. Are you having that? Or Are you having that one? 

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The ice cream man episode is unhinged, mind :lol: He really was quite the comic actor before he dropped off big time. Then again, people who I would normally listen to tell me Car Share is actually good but I still haven’t brought myself to watch it 

It was ok but I didn’t stick with it / watch them all. Also, iirc, the best stuff Peter Kay did (That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights imo) the writing team was him along with Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey. Talking of the subtle bits, in The Ice Cream Man Cometh one, he’s at some event selling his wares where there’s lots of people. And in the crowd you see Leonard. Or what you actually see is the massive cross with the wheel on the bottom amongst the crowd. The one Leonard took with him when he went preaching in town. But Leonard’s character hadn’t been introduced yet because his episode is later in the series. 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think I saw the DJ one, broadcasting from a car park of retail park? “Chorley FM…. coming in your ears” :lol: 

Wasn’t aware there were more, they’ll likely be on All 4? 

I’d forgotten about that but I think that was shown as a one-off pilot. Then there was a 6 part series off the back of that but a year or two later. It was really well observed in terms of shite, cheesy local radio with the DJ and his forced zanyness 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It was ok but I didn’t stick with it / watch them all. Also, iirc, the best stuff Peter Kay did (That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights imo) the writing team was him along with Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey. Talking of the subtle bits, in The Ice Cream Man Cometh one, he’s at some event selling his wares where there’s lots of people. And in the crowd you see Leonard. Or what you actually see is the massive cross with the wheel on the bottom amongst the crowd. The one Leonard took with him when he went preaching in town. But Leonard’s character hadn’t been introduced yet because his episode is later in the series. 

Aye, no coincidence that Max and Paddy was shite without those two. I’m sure I remember him saying that Airplane was a big influence on Phoenix Nights/TPKT which explains all the little jokes buried away in the background for rewatches

• Like 1

On 13/09/2024 at 20:05, Gemmill said:

Neil Gaiman the latest to be cancelled for being an alleged sex offender. 

Not a good omen.

Just found a bunch of Smiths vinyl singled that I forgot I had. Some clear or orange see through vinyl and shit. The highest value on discogs so far is £50 odd. I can see these fuckers getting listed.

Also found this, which is going nowhere:

PXL_20240916_120241285_sDPm9IQQ31.thumb.jpeg.c82fc9aad50ecde856021cd5a018bb1d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just found a bunch of Smiths vinyl singled that I forgot I had. Some clear or orange see through vinyl and shit. The highest value on discogs so far is £50 odd. I can see these fuckers getting listed.

PXL_20240916_120241285_sDPm9IQQ31.thumb.jpeg.c82fc9aad50ecde856021cd5a018bb1d.jpeg

Guarantee CT loved 'Lady in red' by Chris De Burgh.

What do you think, Johnathan Frakes?

frakes-jonathan-youre-right.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Shakira innit. 

Still can't my head around Gerard Piqué cheating on her :idiot:

If she did the dirty on me I'd give her a free pass as long as she didn't fuck off and leave :cuppa:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

There's genuinely only three songs on there I'd skip. Maybe even just two, depending on whether I'm in a Holiday Rap mood. :lol:

🎶

We're going to London, and New York city 

And we'll take a piece of Amsterdam 

We're gonna ring rongy* dong for a holiday

🎵

*I accept these might not be the actual words

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

There's genuinely only three songs on there I'd skip. Maybe even just two, depending on whether I'm in a Holiday Rap mood. :lol:

It's all thriller, no filler. What a year.

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

🎶

We're going to London, and New York city 

And we'll take a piece of Amsterdam 

We're gonna ring rongy* dong for a holiday

🎵

*I accept these might not be the actual words

Close. We are going on a summer holiday

If you wanna go, yo, Sven*
We’re to London and New York City

And we take a little piece of Amsterdam 

*At the time I thought it was “If you wanna go, you can swim” :lol:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's all thriller, no filler. What a year.

Was thinking why the 60s soul? Then I remembered the influence of Levi’s adverts. The Lady in Red though. I knew a lad in the 90s roughly my age (Who was otherwise seemingly normal and a good laugh) but who was genuinely into Chris De Burg. Fuck me :( 

• Haha 6